Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a WWE.COM article on Daniel Bryans "losing-streak" since MITB.

Since proclaiming he would cash in his Money in the Bank championship opportunity at WrestleMania XXVIII on April 1, 2012 in Miami, Daniel Bryan's win-loss record hasn’t been the best. Has his mouth written a check that he suddenly finds himself unable to cash? WWE.com explores why Bryan's heroic declaration of dedication might be becoming his own worst enemy.

As an honorable Superstar who never wanted to capture a World Title unless he had fully earned it, Bryan took the road less traveled on the July 22 edition of SmackDown, naming The Greatest Stage of Them All as the precise moment he would cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase.

Not only did Bryan's gutsy proclamation leave the WWE Universe in an absolute state of awe, but it paved the way for the dedicated Superstar to defeat his former Nexus comrade Heath Slater on that very same night.

Although he went on to defeat Tyson Kidd on the Aug. 5 edition of SmackDown, Bryan failed to overcome fellow Mr. Money in the Bank winner Alberto Del Rio the following week - as well as Wade Barrett two days later at SummerSlam. It seemed the sheer weight of announcing his plans for WrestleMania was beginning to exert enormous pressure - as if Bryan was suddenly taking on every elite Superstar he could without taking the time to devise a suitable strategy for each individual challenge.

On the Aug. 19 edition of SmackDown, Bryan again lost to The Mexican Aristocrat in an intense rematch. It's reasonable to assume that facing Del Rio - who had successfully used the element of surprise to cash in his own Money in the Bank briefcase at SummerSlam and capture the WWE Title five days earlier - might have made Bryan second-guess his strategy to cash-in at WrestleMania.

On the Aug. 26 edition of SmackDown, Bryan nearly overcame Christian in a hard-fought match, coming up short after risking everything - hurling himself full speed into the turnbuckle just as his crafty opponent ducked out of the way. Though Bryan had always been a go-getter, perhaps the courageous grappler's anxiety was now causing him to become reckless, as he tried to redeem himself by grabbing that one big win.

On the live SuperSmackDown on Aug. 30, Bryan found himself bested in yet another explosive match-up, this time against the high-flying wonder Sin Cara. Seconds after the bell, the masked Superstar attacked the war-torn Bryan without provocation. A cheap shot to be certain. But, regardless of the circumstances involved, it was now becoming clear that the sharks were in the water sensing blood, and Bryan had left himself no safe port to swim to.

Bryan looked poised to turn the tide on his misfortune, scoring an impressive victory over Heath Slater on the Sept. 8 edition of “WWE Superstars.” However, the following night, SmackDown’s Sin Cara made him feel blue all over again. After a verbal confrontation, the masked Superstar launched another aggressive attack on the former United States Champion, forcing him to tap out to his own LeBell Lock. Laying on the canvas, has Bryan finally hit bottom?

Daniel Bryan won the SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match in heroic fashion, using incredible skill, unrelenting heart and sheer will. However, the pressure that he has put on himself since then has clearly shown signs of being more than he can bear. If he doesn't find some way to turn things around soon, Mr. Money in the Bank might indeed find himself bankrupt.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
Of course a heel bryan would work. He would just say that he was subconsciously dumbing himself down to ingratiate himself with all the "WWE Style" hacks and zilches, the D list underwear underwear models and failed bodybuilders. Not anymore. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

He'd fight dirty, savagely, exploit all the rules and weaknesses. He'd berate the crowd for their dietary and moral and physical failings. Basically he'd be the tremendously skilled egomaniac heel that he played occasionally on the independent circuit.

It would work better than being some loveable loser, a chump, somebody who allows himself to be trashed by potbellied announcers, is in comedy storylines about his lack of sex life, etc.

I'm the total opposite. I don't see how Daniel Bryan works as a face, honestly.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
They are doing more than teasing a Bryan heel turn, they are making it obvious. They might as well just link a calender with a date circled on when he'll turn.

Honestly, that's the best plan. I think he works better as a heel because he can be a submission monster who is bent on making everyone tap.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Of course a heel bryan would work. He would just say that he was subconsciously dumbing himself down to ingratiate himself with all the "WWE Style" hacks and zilches, the D list underwear underwear models and failed bodybuilders. Not anymore. No more Mr. Nice Guy.

He'd fight dirty, savagely, exploit all the rules and weaknesses. He'd berate the crowd for their dietary and moral and physical failings. Basically he'd be the tremendously skilled egomaniac heel that he played occasionally on the independent circuit.

It would work better than being some loveable loser, a chump, somebody who allows himself to be trashed by potbellied announcers, is in comedy storylines about his lack of sex life, etc.

I'm the total opposite. I don't see how Daniel Bryan works as a face, honestly.
This. Exactly. He'll be one of the more interesting characters on Smackdown instead of a kind of bland face that really isn't getting an audience reaction.

·
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I was thinking it would lead to him cashing in earlier, but a heel Daniel Bryan probably wouldn't work.
Well Daniel Bryan could probably play a good heel, the guy was the one that "stood" out during the first Nexus attack by choking somebody, spitting in the face of John Cena all while yelling "you are not better than me", which led to his release. I prefer if he does not cash in early because most that do don't get over especially heels. Plus he is on the Smackdown brand which is the B show. What ever they decide to do with Bryan I hope he transforms himself so the "geek" "nerdy" "charisma less" image he has now is replaced and more can take him seriously.

·
Rat-a-....ing-tat.
1,171 Posts
I swear if 'E either pull a Kennedy on him or make him ultimately lose at WRestlemania after such an arguably long run with the briefcase ( that is, like I said, if they don't pull a fuckin' Kennedy on him) then I will question WWE's way of giving 'em boys credibility. And a bit of complaining too.

·
Registered
778 Posts
sample of bryan's heel stuff (thats what i was able to find and it seems a lot of people want him to turn heel)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
If this does lead to Bryan losing the case, I would hope that it would lead to him winning the Royal Rumble. As for a heel turn, I don't know. I wouldn't mind if Dragon turned heel if he was booked as a complete bad ass. The problem is in the WWE you can't be a bad ass heel unless you are 6'3, 400lbs. Or you have to look like Randy Orton or Triple H. Any heel in the WWE that is about Bryan's size runs from fights and wont get his hands dirty. He won't show how violent he can get.

·
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If this does lead to Bryan losing the case, I would hope that it would lead to him winning the Royal Rumble. As for a heel turn, I don't know. I wouldn't mind if Dragon turned heel if he was booked as a complete bad ass. The problem is in the WWE you can't be a bad ass heel unless you are 6'3, 400lbs. Or you have to look like Randy Orton or Triple H. Any heel in the WWE that is about Bryan's size runs from fights and wont get his hands dirty. He won't show how violent he can get.
Your right, it's best if he stays face in the main event scene. Bryan also needs to show a more serious side and just make people tap out. Bryan can still be violent as a face. This underdog storyline hasn't been done since Rey Mysterio in 2006, so it's something refreshing.

·
Registered
16,342 Posts
I wouldnt want a heel Bryan, just a more angry face would work just as well, Daniel Bryan is too much of a nice guy right now. It shows in his promos hat he is uncomfortable, becuase I know he can do alot better

1 - 20 of 34 Posts