Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably gonna get killed and insulted by 90% of this forum, but I believe he, well, isn't ready...

I know it doesn't matter , he will be world champ soon, but I look at him and I don't see a credible world champion in him. His style isn't dominant, technical, powerhouse, etc. he's just odd in the ring. His last match with Cena this week at RAW was a good one, but I just can't see how he will main event PPVs with that lack of quality and variety. He just stomped, couple of worthless submission locks, some clotheslines, etc. He also lacks in-ring psychology to perform a +15 match at least every 2-3 weeks.

I don't doubt his mic skills, but I believe everyone that says that can't wait to see him as champ are forgetting he's also gonna have to wrestle those long matches, and that could really hurt him and his credibility. You could compare him to JBL, but it will be stupid to book him as a super-coward cheater heel if the guy hasn't beaten a single main eventer clean.

Anyway, this IS NOT A HATE POST! It's just my opinion. Let's try to have a organized discussion for once...

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I don't think he is, personally. I still don't quite take him seriously enough. I think it's just because he looks like a legit donkey.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Jack Swagger wasn't ready, nor was Sheamus. WWE doesn't care if Miz is ready or not, they will push him regardless.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jack Swagger wasn't ready, nor was Sheamus. WWE doesn't care if Miz is ready or not, they will push him regardless.
I'm not asking if they will give the title to him (it's obvious they will). I'm sking for your opinion over it.

·
Banned
127 Posts
Is this a spoiler or something? How do you know they're pushing him? Is this because he's MITB?
If yes..he can still fail to cash in(anything could happen) or he could just be champion for 1 week or so. You say that this is not a hate post but i believe this is why you started the thread at the first place

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this a spoiler or something? How do you know they're pushing him? Is this because he's MITB?
If yes..he can still fail to cash in(anything could happen) or he could just be champion for 1 week or so. You say that this is not a hate post but i believe this is why you started the thread at the first place
fpalm, I meant that I don't hate him, but I believe he's not ready.

It's not about him becoming champion or not dammit!! It's if YOU BELIEVE IF HE'S FUCKING READY IN CASE THEY DECIDE TO GIVE HIM THE WORLD TITLE!!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
No he isn't. And I say this as a fan of the Miz since he first started teaming with Morrison. He is ready to be in the upper spot light though. He is capable of interacting with ME superstars on the mic face to face as well as being included in small feuds and tag matches with those at the top of the WWE. I thought his match with Cena was a solid match as was his match with Orton and most of his matches, excluding the R Truth match for the US title, here recently. I just think he needs to be there a little longer. Keep him active with the ME stars and let his reign as US Champion seem like he has the US title because he is really good enough to take on top level super stars. Let get some clear wins over mid carders so he stands out as being just one step better than them. Do that for a while and he will look better when he gets the title.

He also has the love and hate reaction. He gets cheers and boos when he comes out. The crowd itself is kind of in a battle of love and hate when he comes out. No where near the level Cena causes but still a smaller version of that. So with the crowd clearly making him seem ready to take a title I think they just need to build more on his character and let him keep doing what ever it is he is doing to elevate his skill as a wrestler. He obviously knows what he is doing cause the guy started as lousy waste of roster space and managed to elevate himself for the most part into someone as close as you can come to breaking into and solidifying a spot as a long term main event super star.

As a fan of his though I would be upset if he won the title any time with in the next 3 months.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,419 Posts
Personally if they're expecting him to sell PPVs by pulling a great match with just about anyone they throw into a match with him,then no i don't think he's ready for that type of WWE Championship run. If they're expecting him to sale PPVs by how over he is & are hoping this will help sell his merchandise even more,then he's pretty much ready for a title run. He's over enough & sells a good amount of merchandise for them to take a risk on him,but i don't see how it'd hurt the WWE by giving him the strap.

·
Banned
127 Posts
fpalm, I meant that I don't hate him, but I believe he's not ready.

It's not about him becoming champion or not dammit!! It's if YOU BELIEVE IF HE'S FUCKING READY IN CASE THEY DECIDE TO GIVE HIM THE WORLD TITLE!!!
Oh i think you hate him and you hate him very much. This is why i want a Miz vs Danielson match..so Cole will interfere and they both beat the crap out of him.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Personally if they're expecting him to sell PPVs by pulling a great match with just about anyone they throw into a match with him,then no i don't think he's ready for that type of WWE Championship run. If they're expecting him to sale PPVs by how over he is & are hoping this will help sell his merchandise even more,then he's pretty much ready for a title run. He's over enough & sells a good amount of merchandise for them to take a risk on him,but i don't see how it'd hurt the WWE by giving him the strap.
Does he sell merch?

Anyway, another reason why they shouldn't put the belt in him (IMHO) is that there are enough not credible ME in RAW. We have Sheamus, Barrett and now Miz? The ME would be really hurted if that happened.

I, just so you know, blame the current ME for not wanting to put them over to those guys, not the guys themselves. But this has nothing to do with this thread, so keep discussing on the Miz.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes, I do believe he is ready for a WWE world title. It shocks me to say that, because just a few years ago, Miz was the guy from the Real World that didn't belong. He wasn't expected to go anywhere by anyone. But he's continued to improve more and more with every promo and every match. It's scary how much Miz has improved since 2006/2007. I knew in the middle of last year, when he began his run on RAW, that the guy had main event potential. He's a STAR. I think Miz is most definitely WWE Championship material and I can't wait until he cashes in his Money in the Bank.

Some guys just become world championship material quicker than other. The Miz is one of those guys.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh i think you hate him and you hate him very much. This is why i want a Miz vs Danielson match..so Cole will interfere and they both beat the crap out of him.
Dude, shut up, you're embarrassing yourself. Read the complete first post and tell me where is the hate. As Victor_J said I defended the guy when people said he can't wrestle. I'm just saying he's not ready for main event in terms of credibility and wrestling ability. Don't like what I'm saying? I couldn't care less, but don't say things that are not true, OK?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol you start saying stupid things, so I'll shut you up, won't I? Organized discussions mean to talk about the thing you're discussing, not start talking about the OP.

So, stay on topic.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,419 Posts
Yup on topic it depends on what direction they have & what reason they want Miz to be Champion,that's how we can really say if he's ready or not. If they think they can just half-ass a 4 or 5 star match out of The Miz as Champion,then no he isn't ready. If they think they'll gain some money off the guy,then he most likely is ready.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Umad?

Anyway, no, I don't think Miz is ready. In order to be a credible champion, especially if you don't have the intimidating physique of a Sheamus or Cena, you have to be very good in the ring and he's just not there yet. I don't doubt that he has the potential to maybe reach that level, but he's just not ready. Yes, the man cuts good promos, but that is NOT enough make up for sub-par in-ring skills and be WWE Champion.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts