Wrestling Forum banner

is Mexamerica a worse angle than the infamous Lana/Rusev/Ziggler love triange?

1344 Views 27 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Rex Rasslin
the reason i say this is the fact that even though the love triangle was a disaster it ran for like 3 PPVS and it was controvensial even TMZ was involved but the Mexamerica angle was so damn poor, nobody cared there was no heat and it was over in the blink of an eye.
what do you think?
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· TEAM KICK!
11,134 Posts
I'd still say that the Rusev/Ziggler/Lana thing was worse.

It exposed Lana as an attention whore, killed Rusev's credibility and made him look like a joke, and ended up making Ziggler's character go all over the place due to coming across as a heel quite often in the storyline. At least MexAmerica made some sort of difference to a title picture.

They're both horrendous though, and really sums up the WWE for large parts of the year when it comes to storylines. ADR's been dead ever since he re-appeared, he's clearly not enthusiastic, and he and Zeb had no chemistry.

· Registered
15,656 Posts
Not even close to as bad as that "romance" angle.. When it comes to "Mex-America" Had they actually given it a back story something like where Del Rio forces Zeb to work for him for one or other reason, Swagger tries to "save him" and loses a few matches for a while till Zeb would have turned on Del Rio and Swagger would have won the belt in the end.. Now that would have made it worth something.. BUT Yeah.. That "romance" angle was just pathetic, absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.. none.

· Premium Member
5,653 Posts
Even though the losses to Cena hurt Rusev, the feud with Ziggler almost destroyed all of his credibility. It's depressing how far he fell over the summer. With Del Rio, people have never really cared that much about him to begin with so there wasn't much harm the MexAmerica angle could do. Therefore, the love triangle feud was so much worse. Worse for the viewers and for the talent.

· Registered
5,315 Posts
Neither was good. I'm gonna say the Lana / Rusev / Ziggler thing was worse because it dragged on and on.

Though stupid the MexAmerica thing was over in the blink of eye and Zeb is usually pretty decent on the mic even if they give him crap.

· Registered
5,379 Posts
MexAmerica was such a blatant "HEY LOOK WE'RE NOT RACIST" ploy by WWE due to the way Del Rio left.
This is exactly what it is.

Colter spent his last time in tenure, basically hating on anyone not American. So when Trump basically says the exact same thing, and America is hating on him....

They do what WWE does, they have him come out preaching equality with Mexico and ladi da da.

· My name is 905 and I've just become alive
5,139 Posts
MexAmerica was worse in conception, but the love triangle lasted much longer. I could at least see how they thought the love triangle could work, but it clearly didn't work and they just kept fucking doing it.

Basically it comes down to whether you prefer being subjected to torture for a shorter time at a higher level of intensity or for a longer time at a lower intesity...still both ways you're getting fucking tortured.

· Registered
4,261 Posts
Mexamerica was the most awkward and confusing angles I've ever witnessed. I can't really think of too many others as bad. Most recent that comes to mind was Batista's "hey Randy" promo and the ensuing carnage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.