Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had two threads closed with both having Meltzer as the source the last week or so. "I don't believe it, and a shaky source" was the reasoning for the last. I'm just curious if Dave isn't an allowed source anymore.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
Meltzer's still allowed. Brad Shepard was the last one added to the banned list.
Will WrestleVotes be added any time soon?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
They all should be banned. Not one of them is an actual sports or even entertainment journalist, they have zero access to any wrestler or WWE employee ... they are all gossip blogs. Working off of opinions and manufactured rumors for clickbait.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
Meltzer, from the horse's mouth, is an excellent source. His radio show and newsletter is second to none. The problem is the dirt sheets and "scoop" sites take what is open speculation and report it as fact and attach is name to it. Disgusting reporting in all honesty.

·
Bleep, bloop, bloam, goodbye to your home.
7,735 Posts
Meltzer, from the horse's mouth, is an excellent source. His radio show and newsletter is second to none. The problem is the dirt sheets and "scoop" sites take what is open speculation and report it as fact and attach is name to it. Disgusting reporting in all honesty.
And then you get these "Meltzer has inside source scoop whats gonna happen" and when it's something different he comes out with article "plans changed at the last minute"

Yeah... ofc they were... right?

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Will WrestleVotes be added any time soon?
Funny you mention WrestleVotes because WINC use that account as source this lately.

·
Registered
737 Posts
reading/listening to dirtsheets like Meltzer is like those people who would watch Jerry Springer in the 90s. If you were smart enough to understand it was fake but you still took entertainment out if it, then cool. But if you thought that stupid shit was real. Then shame on you for being a dumbass.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Yes, Meltzer does know and hear stuff. Yes, when Meltzer guesses and rambles that often gets taken for "fact" and passed on as such. I wouldn't be at all surprised if those he knows don't try and work Meltzer sometimes. At the heart of it, it is still a carny business after all so why do we get all surprised and huffy when carny stuff happens?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Yes, Meltzer does know and hear stuff. Yes, when Meltzer guesses and rambles that often gets taken for "fact" and passed on as such. I wouldn't be at all surprised if those he knows don't try and work Meltzer sometimes. At the heart of it, it is still a carny business after all so why do we get all surprised and huffy when carny stuff happens?
just don't bet the farm on what any journalist says

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Meltzer is accurate when he wants to be, but he is also know for just making shit up and claiming he has "sources" who tell him things.

And many times he will just ramble and make guesses on what is happening and will purposely try to pass it off as fact.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,429 Posts
He's been deep in wrestling for 40 years. Yes, he knows things.
He used to know a lot of things and I still accept him as wrestling historian. Meanwhile he knows like nothing about the actual WWE stuff and obvisouly got no more reliable sources. He talks about obvious things and the rest is just his guessings, or better said his personal opinion.

Obvisouly, WWE stopped feeding him with information a while ago, beside the stuff they give out to everyone anyway. Meanwhile, and you can hear that out of his voice sometimes, he is pissed about that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts