Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Admittedly, I'm new to TNA (started making a point to pay attention in the last half year) and generally adverse to "big" wrestlers, but on the other hand I really like them when they're actually good (off the top of my head, Vader, Bigelow, and Awesome are some of my favorites). Between the chain match and the PPV match I've started to take notice of his presence. I don't really like his voice, and he seems too eager to talk, but these are things that I really shouldn't hold against him.

Basically I want to like him. Can anybody direct me to some matches that showcase his in-ring ability? Or is he just not very good?

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
He had an above-average match with Angle at BFG 09. His series of Impact matches with AJ were also decent(Impacts between Victory Road and Hard Justice 09).

·
Banned
5 Posts
Matt Morgan is not very good. He's about as good in the ring as Test was. Morgan is a pretty decent talker, and that's probably his best quality.

·
Registered
12,737 Posts
Matt Morgan should be in a fued with AJ Styles for the TV belt not Hardy, Hardy/Jerrett vs RVD/Samoa Joe should be the main event at Final Resolution and Morgan vs Styles for the television title

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Matt Morgan can deliver a good match as long as he's in there with a great worker. Jeff Hardy is a wrestler who is as good as the guy he is facing so when he is in there with a guy like Morgan, someone who relies heavily on the other guy to carry the match, it doesn't work and results in the borefest we saw at TP

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Matt Morgan should be in a fued with AJ Styles for the TV belt
Hopefully that's where it's going once Styles finishes taking out EV2.0, though judging from Reaction that may have already happened. He has to have an ongoing feud with Fourtune and Styles seems to be the culmination of that feud.

Thanks to all for the match references. I'll be checking them out very soon.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,324 Posts
He's good for a big guy anyway. Pretty decent moveset, but add a few more powermoves and he'd be a fucking beast

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
His best match was against Angle in which the crowd were chanting "Morgan sucks". That tells you all you need to know.

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
No the is not. He is a man with great athletic ability. He is fall short as being a good wrestler. In fact he doesn't work the crowd either.

·
Registered
858 Posts
He's about average. However he is more athletic than guys his size.
He can't work a crowd because they turn him heel/face/heel/face.
He stopped doing Hellavator, because he wrestles larger guys... So he hasn't really botched anything. He can us expanding the moveset, however.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
The guy is way more agile than he demonstrates in the ring most of the time. Theres lots of potential with him, he just isn't quite there yet.

His entrance and elbow strikes in the corner are both really stupid though. He needs to cut that out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts