Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of threads had been made on this topic, but c'mon man. The guy can't just get a break.

I can't help but wonder if he's actually being punished for his TNA reference on NXT, 'cause his run on WWE since then, had just been ridiculous.

There's no reason or storyline behind it. It's like WWE's jobbing him out till his contract expires.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
No, he's the new Evan Bourne, pre-Jericho victory or 123 Kid, pre-Razor Ramon victory. Plucky exciting babyface "newcomer" who frequently comes up short against dastardly heels who cheat like motherfuckers or just simply finds himself on the losing side of the equation after putting on a hard-fought contest against many of the same dastardly heels.

The storyline is he's still new to this shark tank that is WWE. He needs to grow some sharp teeth of his own to make it.

They let him pick up a win against their Intercontinental Champion and look good against him on pay-per-view. He's not cannon fodder. At the very least, I'd rather be a guy working my way up like Miz a long while back or Bourne or Ziggler back when than a guy who's already crested and has fallen down to enhancement talent level like MVP in the last stretch of his career. In one case you're at the bottom but fighting upwards, in the other you've had a good run at a prominent level but they've given up on you and you're falling down the ladder.

Reactions: SheikTheGeek

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
No, he's the new Evan Bourne, pre-Jericho victory or 123 Kid, pre-Razor Ramon victory. Plucky exciting babyface "newcomer" who frequently comes up short against dastardly heels who cheat like motherfuckers or just simply finds himself on the losing side of the equation after putting on a hard-fought contest against many of the same dastardly heels.

The storyline is he's still new to this shark tank that is WWE. He needs to grow some sharp teeth of his own to make it.

They let him pick up a win against their Intercontinental Champion and look good against him on pay-per-view. He's not cannon fodder. At the very least, I'd rather be a guy working my way up like Miz a long while back or Bourne or Ziggler back when than a guy who's already crested and has fallen down to enhancement talent level like MVP in the last stretch of his career. In one case you're at the bottom but fighting upwards, in the other you've had a good run at a prominent level but they've given up on you and you're falling down the ladder.
Very well said. It's a shame that Kaval had to be the one getting squashed tonight but at least he was on TV. If they had completely given up him he'd still be winless and wouldn't have gotten a title match at a PPV. Obviously air time is going to be hard to come by now that we're getting closer to Mania but I wouldn't be surprised to see him make a MITB appearance just for the spots he'll be able to pull off.

·
Registered
510 Posts
He is probably still getting shit for the TNA comment.

Its been said before, but the WWE really loves to keep those people (ex-TNA) low on the card.

K-Kwik barely had the US title, Daniel Bryan (while the WWE has him red hot now) probably wont go further than that, Gail Kim is doing nothing, Christian is a dead boat filled with IWC hopes and dreams (I only saw like 1 or 2 good matches with him and they were both ECW, but they were both great).

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
you know that's a good point that was raised. as long as he isn't getting squashed on superstars and appearing every week there's hope

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
He is probably still getting shit for the TNA comment.

Its been said before, but the WWE really loves to keep those people (ex-TNA) low on the card.

K-Kwik barely had the US title, Daniel Bryan (while the WWE has him red hot now) probably wont go further than that, Gail Kim is doing nothing, Christian is a dead boat filled with IWC hopes and dreams (I only saw like 1 or 2 good matches with him and they were both ECW, but they were both great).
Did you just seriously refer to Bryan as an ex-TNA talent?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fact that he's appearing on Smackdown on a weekly basis just to get squashed, it's even worse than not showing at all.

If he wasn't used at all, at least we could all say how WWe's dropping the ball, till his contract expires and another company hires him.

But with his top jobber position, his credibility is going down the crapper. That's the reason why I asked if WWE is punishing him. At this rate, when he's done with WWE, no company would care to promote that much Kaval's debut.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The man won NXT and got featured in a PPV in a IC title match, that's a pretty decent track record for a 'rookie' i must say. Yes he loses quite frequently but he's built up as an underdog sort of way so yeah it's expected that he loses more matches than winning. Oh, and look at Ziggler, he barely picked any victory last year and look what happened to him now. Just give it time.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts

Pretty much a perfect summary of the situation. It seems like since Sheamus won the title, suddenly just appearing on TV isn't enough anymore. A wrestler HAS to be champion within a few months or what's the point? Wade Barrett's just come off the biggest storyline of the year (if far from the best), and is going to be pushed huge off the back of it, in all likelihood. Alberto Del Rio's already been in a WHC match. Alex Riley's getting TV time every single week, in the WWE Title feud no less, being given mic time and while he is losing and getting his ass kicked most weeks, that's his role. Yet I've read posts proclaiming these people to be buried, held back, or a certainty to be fired.

Basically, there's zero patience in fans on here now. Absolutely zero. Remember Benoit and Eddie's WM celebration? It was special for a reason, and I'll give you a clue- it had something to do with the fact it wasn't their 3rd month in the company. Remember HBK's boyhood dream win? Or Hardy finally getting the belt? There's no reason to dismiss a newcomer to the WWE who's losing now, because it's not necessarily going to be their entire career. Look at The Miz for proof.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Who cares? He's nowhere near the level you make him out to be. He's nowhere near DB's level and nowhere near the best of Smackdown

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Pretty much a perfect summary of the situation. It seems like since Sheamus won the title, suddenly just appearing on TV isn't enough anymore. A wrestler HAS to be champion within a few months or what's the point? Wade Barrett's just come off the biggest storyline of the year (if far from the best), and is going to be pushed huge off the back of it, in all likelihood. Alberto Del Rio's already been in a WHC match. Alex Riley's getting TV time every single week, in the WWE Title feud no less, being given mic time and while he is losing and getting his ass kicked most weeks, that's his role. Yet I've read posts proclaiming these people to be buried, held back, or a certainty to be fired.

Basically, there's zero patience in fans on here now. Absolutely zero. Remember Benoit and Eddie's WM celebration? It was special for a reason, and I'll give you a clue- it had something to do with the fact it wasn't their 3rd month in the company. Remember HBK's boyhood dream win? Or Hardy finally getting the belt? There's no reason to dismiss a newcomer to the WWE who's losing now, because it's not necessarily going to be their entire career. Look at The Miz for proof.
Very well said. This kind of slow rise to the top is actually better for those involved in the long run. With the exception of Taker, pretty much all of WWE's all time greats had a slow ascension to the top. Hoepfully this will continue with the likes of Kaval, Ziggler, and Kofi.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
Let's see...he had the match of the night recently on his last PPV performance..that or the Bryan match. Take your pick. And he jobs out to the laughably unover Drew Mac? Who was sporting a new T shirt at that? LOL. Booking like that is why the E is in the runt it's in now. Horrible.
Who cares? He's nowhere near the level you make him out to be. He's nowhere near DB's level and nowhere near the best of Smackdown
LOL. Tell you one thing..he can sell a helluva lot better than "ring generals" like John Cena and John Morrison. That's for damn sure.

·
Registered
21,650 Posts
I do believe the Brawler was famous for blowing Pat Patterson, with that in mind I would hope that Kaval is not the new Brooklyn Brawler.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts