Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm probably going to get flamed into a new for this but who cares! I see a lot of john morrison hate because of the shit with the bitch. But honestly is that any of our buisness? The guy constantly puts on good matches and is solid in the ring. Sure he may be a bit sloppy but so is CM Punk and people love him. IMO he could be a huge star and has all the assets to be big in this era. Again the shit with him and melenia shouldn't concern us, what should is what he does on TV and IMO he's pretty good. His mic skills aren't that good but there is only like 2 faces in the company that can work the mic, he cut good promo's as a heel. Also the guy gets huge pops. All of this is my opinion though so I'd like to hear yours.

Thanks for reading. Just an FYI I feel the same way about Kofi, but that's a diffrent story for a diffrent time.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
He sucks ass.

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
I really enjoy his matches, and don't think he's the 'spot-monkey' people make him out to be. Yeah, his mic skill are poor, but IMO he more than makes up for it with entertaining me in matches.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
I absolutely love watching him perform in the ring. It's everything else that has to come with it that bothers me.

·
Asuka
96,238 Posts
Yes, he is THAT bad. In the ring, he's a good athlete, but he's not a good wrestler, and the two things do not necessarily go with each other. He's just a spot guy.

On the mic, though, is his real problem. Now everybody knows I have ridiculous, unfair standards for mic skills, so I'm gonna say what needs to be said about him by basically paraphrasing somebody else. The difference between bad talkers like Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and so on, and a guy as bad as John Morrison, or Jeff Hardy for another example, is that John Morrison is so horrendous on the mic that he literally takes you out of the moment. You can't suspend your disbelief when he talks that you're watching a program between two people who are legitimately fighting, because he's so fake and forced and phony that it kills the aura of the show.

·
KO
5,348 Posts
Yes, he is THAT bad. In the ring, he's a good athlete, but he's not a good wrestler, and the two things do not necessarily go with each other. He's just a spot guy.

On the mic, though, is his real problem. Now everybody knows I have ridiculous, unfair standards for mic skills, so I'm gonna say what needs to be said about him by basically paraphrasing somebody else. The difference between bad talkers like Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio and so on, and a guy as bad as John Morrison, or Jeff Hardy for another example, is that John Morrison is so horrendous on the mic that he literally takes you out of the moment. You can't suspend your disbelief when he talks that you're watching a program between two people who are legitimately fighting, because he's so fake and forced and phony that it kills the aura of the show.
Holy shit, you've grown up. You made a reasonable post about someone you hate... I never thought I'd live the day. I'm kind of a Morrison fan, but I have to agree if you put it this way.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
John Morrison isn't that bad overall, but he's TERRIBLE on the mic. He gets nice pops, but sadly his bets use right now is as a midcard jobber face...eventually he could get a ME push, but not for now

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
John Morrison should not be jobbing at all. I guess he's not a main eventer but he's one of the guys who actually has some kind of talent and can do neat spots. I don't know what's wrong with doing spots...it's one of the things that got Jeff Hardy over in the Attitude Era. I want to see him as that upper midcard guy that's almost always sort of in contention for the IC belt and jumps into multi man World championships. As for his mic skills, I've heard worse.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I'm not going to bring his personal life into play, but he's horrific on the mic and isn't that great in the ring. He had a few good matches this year with guys like Miz, Del Rio and Daniel Bryan (underrated match, check it out), but other than that, he's crap.

·
There's only one of me
1,203 Posts
I feel like the WWE tried to put Morrison on stage to be the next HBK, and it was a huge failure, so now they have no idea what to do with him. They were hoping his charisma and his style would attract the crowd, and that he would improve significantly on the mic.

Well, for one, it's a rough crowd...and I really think expectations were set far too high to begin with, because we're always looking for that next high-flying superstar. I mean, how many of us WOULDN'T want a guy that has the charisma and attitude of Michaels, and the high-flying abilities of Hardy?

So, yeah, we're not going to get that from Morrison, but he's still decent in the ring. The mic skills are terrible, though, and it's extremely hard to drop someone into a storyline if they can't tell a story effectively. That's just how wrestling is, and it's been that way since Hogan and Savage were screaming on the mic, and even when the Ultimate Warrior was rambling and talking about space, spaceships, spacebars, whatever he was saying.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
No he isn't that bad, and the amount of hate he gets right now is ridiculous.

The guys is fantastic in the ring. I dont believe any of this 'spot monkey' crap because he isn't, he has all the ability in the world to put on great matches and he's done it again and again so why people continue to maintain he's a spot monkey is beyond me. They should maybe go watch his numerous matches with people like Jericho, Punk, Hardy, Mysterio, Edge, Kidd, Bourne, Miz, Sheamus etc. That's the hate that gets me the most because it's absolutely untrue.

He also does have charisma, it's not in an abvious cocky heel, screaming down the mic with a catchphrase way but he does have it, otherwise he wouldn't get the fan support he does. He's got a great look too which could appeal to a lot of the crowd if he's booked well, especially the kids and the women.

As for the mic work, I can admit that he isn't fantastic but he's not as awful as many make out. I know someones going to post that promo he did on Smackdown, or another occasion where he's been bad but aside from one or two instances he's at least solid on the mic as a face and can be pretty good as a heel, so I dont see that as an issue either.

He's far too talented to be booked the way he is.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
For the most part, Morrison's a good worker. His strikes, especially his punches, tend to look awful, but he's otherwise good. His mic skills are poor, but I'd still rather see Morrison at this point than Alex Riley, Zeke, or the rest of their Can't Work a Match NOR Speak Worth a Damn ilk. Mason Ryan is probably in that group, but he hasn't looked too bad as a character the last two weeks, so we'll see. He still can't wrestle though.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
He's very solid in the ring, but instead of booking him as a solid ring guy, they're trying to make him a cocky charismatic face and it's falling flat.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts