Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it? People are saying it's the biggest match in WWE history. Is it bigger than The Rock vs Hogan for example?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It's the biggest match of the current era.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Definitely the biggest match in recent memory and this time/era. Of all time, no. Sure you are going to have those out there who will call it overhyped and overrated. You will have those who say it wont be a great technical wrestling spectacle. However, as far as the attraction goes, this is a huge match up.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
it's a huge candidate for that spot .. but it's still arguable

hogan vs andre was so friggin' big at the time , it was a talk all around

plus let's not forget hogan vs warrior , rock vs austin (2001) ..

so it's gonna be in that category

·
Banned
5,374 Posts
Not even close. Rock/Hogan was bigger and its not even the biggest ever. It just seems that big because theres really not much going on in wrestling right now.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
It's at the very top of the list, that's for sure. It's up there with Hogan/Andre, Rock/Austin WM17, Rock/Hogan, etc.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
It just shows how important Rock was that he was or will be in three of the 4 biggest matches of all time .

I think Cena and Rock is bigger than Hogan/Rock just for the fact that it will most likely get more media coverage .

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Hogan vs Rock was way bigger than this. So was Rock vs Austin. So was Hogan vs Andre, and Hogan vs the Warrior. And Bret Hart vs HBK, and HBK vs Taker streak vs career.....

This match is ok, but it's not the biggest, or even top 5, and I'm completely serious. It's sadly going to just be Rock putting Cena over, because Cena needs to be even more over.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hogan in 02 was bigger than the rock now in 2011

Rock in 02 is bigger than Cena in 2011

So no

WM27 will do more PPV buys than Hogan v Rock though. The reason being that almost everybody who orders Mania doesnt bother ordering PPVs for the rest of the year. Whereas in 02 there were more PPVs across the year that were must see such as No Way Out with the NWO return, Backlash with Hogans title match, No Mercy with the HIAC match + the other big PPVS.

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
No, but its definitely up there.

Hogan Vs. Andre

Hogan Vs. Savage

Hogan Vs. Warrior

Savage Vs. Warrior

Hogan Vs. Rock

Angle Vs. Michaels

Cena Vs. Helmsley

Batista Vs. Undertaker

Michaels Vs. Undertaker

Cena Vs. Batista
All huge matches.

- Vic

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
No, Rock/Hogan, Rock/Austin and Hogan/Andre are the biggest matches in wrestling history.
Rock/Cena is a HUGE match, biggest ever? no, Cena wishes it was, because it's his only chance.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I say top 5. In my eye, Hogan v Andre was the biggest, most important match. I say that because it helped elevate Hogan to huge popularity and he changed wrestling.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I say yes because of how huge the rock is right now.
3million people who watch raw weekly + 3to4 million old fans who stopped watching + millions of fans the rock has made becasue of his movies = big fucking match

Plus this is gonna get a ton of press because rock is actually wrestling for the first time in 7 years.

Oh wait they fucked it up by doing his first match at survivor series.

Yeah one of the biggest but not the biggest.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts