Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts

Your answer is likely to depend on the era you were brought up on.

Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and John Cena are all legit choices.

·
Aggressively White
6,238 Posts
Edge, Punk, Lesnar, Guerrero, Austin, Rock, HHH, Jericho, Michaels, Hart, Savage, Orton, Foley, Batista without troubling google.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
HHH is the greatest wwe champion of all time, the title was his legit life

"I'll bash my grandmothers skull in with a sledgehammer to keep this belt"

- HHH

·
Registered
947 Posts
Emphatically, No.

Great champions like Hogan, Austin and The Rock raised the profile of the company and attracted new viewers. During Cena's decade long run as the face of the WWE, house shows barely draw 6,000 people despite cheap ticket prices, that they constantly had to go overseas and that well is starting to dry up. With the exception of Wrestlemania's, PPV buys are lower than in previous years. Cena is what Shawn Michaels was in 96 or Bret Hart in 93, rightfully the top star of the company but not good for business.

When he retires WWE will paint him as the greatest of all time and will probably say he drew more money than Hogan, Austin or The Rock, but don't be fooled. Hogan, Austin and The Rock had more or less a 3 year reign at the top, whilst Cena will likely have 15 years at the top to accumulate merchandising dollars and house show attendance.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts
Emphatically, No.

Great champions like Hogan, Austin and The Rock raised the profile of the company and attracted new viewers. During Cena's decade long run as the face of the WWE, house shows barely draw 6,000 people despite cheap ticket prices, that they constantly had to go overseas and that well is starting to dry up. With the exception of Wrestlemania's, PPV buys are lower than in previous years. Cena is what Shawn Michaels was in 96 or Bret Hart in 93, rightfully the top star of the company but not good for business.
Stop it. Before Cena was the face, the company was doing much worse financially and attendance wise. Take a look at the 2003 and 2004 average house show attendance and you'll catch my drift. They barely were drawing 4,000.

·
#WoodwardOut #LUHG
15,085 Posts
What's with all the terrible John Cena threads lately ?

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Stop it. Before Cena was the face, the company was doing much worse financially and attendance wise. Take a look at the 2003 and 2004 average house show attendance and you'll catch my drift. They barely were drawing 4,000.

This. I remember attending shows in 03 and 04 at Allstate and it was only a half house sometimes for raws. Wwe wasn't making SHIT those 2 years

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Has the title actually gained in prestige? No
Has he made the company bigger by being champion? No

Hogan and Austin did so thats that argument out the window

1 - 20 of 32 Posts