Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it "wrong" or frowned upon when people give n00bs bad rep for making stupid posts like requests out of the request thread, or changing their user title to something like "Little Bitch?" Bascially, what I want to know is does doing this piss off you mods and will doing it get me heat from you guys?

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
People being stupid irritates me. However, picking on new members who genuinely don't know better isn't fair. It's probably forgiveable for a member to post a request outside of the request thread once, and that shouldn't warrant the giving of bad rep or a nasty user title. They should only be treated like that if they ignore the rules despite knowing them or if they're rude or something similar.

The reason they shouldn't suffer a bad rep rating or a title change when they're so new is that it would likely put them off coming back. Without members the site is nothing. We were all new once. (Although admittedly, many of us weren't stupid.)

Those are my thoughts on it, as requested.

N

·
0 Posts
Ignore Flash.

You are free to give people ratings however you want, or change titles however you want. The features aren't there to be monitored. We monitor posts and signatures, not reputation (which is like a PM) or user titles.

·
Don't rewrite the books, just rewrite the titles,
15,672 Posts
Isn't PM abuse an offense worthy of warning? I'm sure it used to be, at least.

·
Registered
11,885 Posts
Who said it wasn't?

N

·
0 Posts
I never said it wasn't, that's for sure.

Monitor, you know, as in looking. We don't "look" at PMs that are sent to users because we're not going to invade the privacy. We can if we want, and that is our right, but overall we're not going to be responsible for what is sent. If it breaks the rules and we check up on it, then the user can be banned, but we're not "monitoring" PMs without a user's consent.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is there a limit to what I could change a n00bs user title to, like say "I heart cock?"

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet, cause I know a n00b that needs to learn his place.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
and who would that be?because if it's someone who annoys me aswell i'll dish out the points to do it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts