Wrestling Forum banner

Is it true...

1473 Views 11 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Zatiel
I just watched some ROH Matches of the last years. We all know that direct chair shots to the head aare forbidden in WWE for years now, but is it true that all the ROH guys take their shots like Foley?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,306 Posts
No. A lot of them used to, but in recent years it's been reportedly banned. El Generico and Kevin Steen took some unprotected to the head during their feud, but beyond that I can't remember any since maybe 2008.

· Is a Snit Head
33,676 Posts
Steen, Generico, Cabanna, and Corino are the only ones that I remember seeing not protect themselves recently. I actually can't remember anyone else even being hit with a chair in the last few years now that I think.

· Ramble On
11,737 Posts
Yeah apparantly it's been banned in ROH from what i remember, in blood fueds its happened such as the recent generico/Steen fued and the AOTF/Briscoes fued a while back, but apart from that it doesn't happen much.

· Banned
762 Posts
Spoilt with greatness? I don't count a guy being slammed over the head with hard objects as greatness, maybe extreme stupidity.
Greatness in that dudes in those days would sacrifice anything for the business. They weren't all in it just to get on TV. Some people loved wrestling, even enough to take a clean head shot just to make it look real.

· I must away and tend to my ravens
12,061 Posts
Greatness in that dudes in those days would sacrifice anything for the business. They weren't all in it just to get on TV. Some people loved wrestling, even enough to take a clean head shot just to make it look real.
If they were better wrestlers they wouldn't have needed to do it, maybe they thought they loved wrestling but the damage they did to the industry suggests otherwise. Not all of the guys who did thses things were bad wrestlers of coursem, some of them were very good but they were brought down by the bad ones.

To paraphrase Jim Cornette, wrestlers used to pretend to hurt each other for fans who believed it was real, now they actually hurt each other for fans who believe it's all fake.

I'm guessing you can tell what my stance is :rolleyes:

· Registered
1,771 Posts
To paraphrase Jim Cornette, wrestlers used to pretend to hurt each other for fans who believed it was real, now they actually hurt each other for fans who believe it's all fake.
Yeah... Cornette's a guy who bladed so bad he has permanent scarring and destroyed his leg falling off a scaffold. While his opinion sounds nice, it's full of crap. Hardcore, stiffness and reckless risks existed long before Foley, and Cornette was party to plenty of it.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
No. A lot of them used to, but in recent years it's been reportedly banned. El Generico and Kevin Steen took some unprotected to the head during their feud, but beyond that I can't remember any since maybe 2008.
that is the only time in recent years that it was called for

· Registered
1,771 Posts
The Steen/Generico feud is actually a good example of headshots being an exaggerated concern. Those guys bladed, fell on ladders and concrete, did dives of over ten feet, were whipped with heavy chains, got blasted in the spine, and legitimately hurt their knees at multiple points. Yet people bitched about Steen taking an "unprotected" chairshot that was primarily to his shoulder, not his head.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.