Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Re: its true that eddie guerrero was scheduled to win the world title tha day he died?

Yes he was scheduled to win the title in a triple threat vs batista and orton but on the next ppv not that day

·
Banned
7,268 Posts
Re: its true that eddie guerrero was scheduled to win the world title tha day he died?

He was suppose to win the World Title at the Smackdown taping a few days after he passed away.

·
Banned
4,039 Posts

Nah he wasn't going to win the World Title at all. That was just PR from WWE and Stephanie McMahon.

·
Registered
7,155 Posts

Nah, i don't think it was true, from what i remember it was said that he was going to face hbk at wm22, so giving him a short run wouldn't have made sense.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts

I don't think they were planning to change the title and the Eddie rumor is just something that was made up. Eddie and Dave were both on Team Smackdown going into Survivor Series and Randy was in the Taker feud. I think the match would've just ended in a no contest with Team RAW interfering, exactly like what happened when Batista had that title match against Orton the Smackdown before the PPV.

·
Registered
628 Posts

Was it not confirmed by Stephanie that Eddie was in fact going to win the title as Batista was injured at the time? I was more curious as to whether Eddie was going to turn back into a heel or he really was a babyface. Remember, he never used the chair against Batista at No Mercy in 2005. But I still believed Eddie was going heel again.

·
Premium Member
15,552 Posts

The way it seems, if Eddie was really going to win the title, it wouldn't be AT LEAST until WM 22 and that's questionable, depending if you believe Court and the HBK/Eddie plans.

I always felt that everything Rey got may have been planned for Eddie.

Meaning, Eddie & Batista win (and lose) the tag team titles, Eddie wins the Rumble and MAYBE WM 22 has the triple threat with him & Batista (instead of Rey & Angle) and Randy Orton.

Maybe Henry's return wasn't supposed to happen at that point and was planned to go down between Royal Rumble & No Way Out in 2006 but things changed after Eddie died because you're probably building toward the Eddie/Batista split/feud. So, maybe Henry instantly returns to feud with Taker.

Either way, I'd imagine there's nearly 5 months between when OP asks and when Eddie potentially would have won the title.

·
Registered
542 Posts
What would the angle have been after he won it? I always heard that they were thinking of Eddie Guerrero/Shawn Michaels for Wrestlemania 22, but then I heard that rumor from my secretary, Janine Melnitz, who's kind of a bullshitter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.