Wrestling Forum banner

Should Y2J leave wrestling?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Banned
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking a look back at Y2J's career on his DVD, and after seeing all that he's gone through, wouldn't it be appropriate for him to finally hang up his boots? The guy has garnered almost every accomplishment in the wrestling world, and is in no financial problems.

What do you guys think?

· Banned
266 Posts
No,my RAWs and Smackdowns are already cut on 15 minutes each.I'll rather watch 60 year old Jericho sitting in the middle of the ring practicing facial expressions for an hour then having to rape my eyes with any of those frat boy clones or Orton/Cena for a minute.

· Registered
1,077 Posts
Not until we get a Jericho/Bryan feud.

· Registered
3,284 Posts
Not one bit. Heck Cena has pretty much accomplished everything there is to do in the WWE pretty much but does that mean he should call it quits? No. It's just that people look at Jericho's age and wonder how many years he's got left in him.

Age is just a number and Jericho still has alot to offer to the WWE, he's a valuable asset and is the third most experienced wrestler in the entire WWE behind Taker and Goldust. Experience is so important and can only be gained in time, his experience can help the younger guys like Morrison, Miz, Kofi etc. get to the next level.

Sure if he never comes back then fine, he's had one of the best wrestler careers of all time but if he does then all the better because he is one of WWE's most valuable superstars.

· Registered
38 Posts
Definately not, he's still got it, he's older than a lot of guys but he is nowhere near past it. His ability and reputation allows him to project younger stars into the main event picture, but at the same time he can easily compete at that level himself still.

· Banned
266 Posts
Not one bit. Heck Cena has pretty much accomplished everything there is to do in the WWE pretty much but does that mean he should call it quits? No. It's just that people look at Jericho's age and wonder how many years he's got left in him.

Age is just a number and Jericho still has alot to offer to the WWE, he's a valuable asset and is the third most experienced wrestler in the entire WWE behind Taker and Goldust. Experience is so important and can only be gained in time, his experience can help the younger guys like Morrison, Miz, Kofi etc. get to the next level.

Sure if he never comes back then fine, he's had one of the best wrestler careers of all time but if he does then all the better because he is one of WWE's most valuable superstars.
This,people tend to forget that Hogan was 43 when he started the greatest angle in the history of wrestling as one of its focal points,they also forget what kind of matches Benoit had at 40 years old.There are many examples like that.Another one is DDP,guy bloomed and rosed to hight of his fame in his early to mid 40ies.Vince McMahon experienced that in his 50ies.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
He made it clear yesterday that he's not returning anytime soon and that's fine. He shouldn't have to break his back to carry the WWE on his shoulders when Cena/Orton/HHH want to take injury time outs and get their little skank wives pregnant or whatever other little goofy activities they be doing on their off time while Jericho was carrying the show week after week.

· Banned
2,684 Posts
^ Really? Is that true?

That's great. If he does return, it should be with something new. The heel character ran it's course. In answer to the thread, Jericho could call it quits and I wouldn't hold anything against him. He's already given plenty of entertainment. It's his life. He can do what he pleases. If he returns however, I would like to see a new character.

· Premium Member
286 Posts
I did not like jericho's character when he left for his "break". To be honest ive never really liked his character. I would really like to see him just hang it up and be an announcer

· There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
^ Really? Is that true?

That's great. If he does return, it should be with something new. The heel character ran it's course. In answer to the thread, Jericho could call it quits and I wouldn't hold anything against him. He's already given plenty of entertainment. It's his life. He can do what he pleases. If he returns however, I would like to see a new character.
In every recent interview in the last two, three weeks or so, he's said that he will not be returning as The Honest Man character. He says that run is done, and he will come back as something else entirely.

From one of his longer interviews (this was just a week ago or so):

-Jericho on returning to WWE: "When the time comes for me to come back, you're not going to see the suits and slow-talking Jericho anymore. Now when you turn on WWE, every heel is talking like that and wearing a suit. I refuse to do it. It's not about what happened in the past. It's about reinventing yourself for the future. I've only been gone four months. WWE is doing fine without Chris Jericho."

In another interview he said that he won't be coming back in suits and speaking slowly with a large vocabulary, calling the fans "parasites and hypocrites."

So, he'll be playing an entirely different character and persona once he comes back.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Vince would like him back as a face, at least initially, if for no other reason than it'd make some sense for him to give rubs to their fleet of young, fledgling heels. Maybe for only a number of months before going back heel. In any case, it's exciting that he wants to create a wholly distinct final chapter to his career whenever he returns.

· Registered
6,157 Posts
The guy has garnered almost every accomplishment in the wrestling world
Sometimes it's not just about accomplishment. He could stay for

A.) To help give back, to build more stars, to help the business that gave him so much.

B.) To see what happens. Put it like this, if you're 80 and you've seen your grandkids grow, you've retired with ease etc. that doesn't mean you just kill yourself and be over with it. Sometimes just being around means you see so much cool shit (like an old person who lives through the wars, see's man visit the man, the first black president etc. Even if she didn't accomplish anything herself, the things she saw were amazing. Maybe Jericho just wants to be there).

· Registered
3,828 Posts
Watching all his accomplishments as far as a wrestler goes, I wouldn't mind seeing him retire from in-ring performing. But leaving the WWE completely, I say no. The reason being is his mic skills are amazing and he could be a great commentator or GM. Fantastic performer overall, so in general I wouldn't want to see him gone. But if it really came down to his actual wrestling time dying down. A commentator and General Manager would easily be his best bet!

And here is a little treat:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.