Wrestling Forum banner

Should we call The Miz one of the greats of WWE?

• Yes he's one of the greats

Votes: 44 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 33.3%
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
6,644 Posts

His fans are almost as obnoxious as he is. He cuts the exact same promo and is a one trick pony. Turn him face and you'd be off the bandwagon faster than your head could spin. Good midcard heel but thoroughly overrated and the fact he's credited with having the best year in 2016 despite not one of you being able to remember what he did prior to Summerslam, the brand split, and his promo on Talking Smack with Bryan (which was 7 to 8 months into 2016) is a testament to that. Not a fan of Roman in the least but it going to be strangely satisfying to read a lot of you melting down daily once he gets the Rusev treatment and you realize they only put it on him to make Roman a grand slam champion. :maury

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
His 09-11 and 2016 stuff was awome but other then that he was trash. Bad booking I guess since the guy is really talented

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
He's starting to work his way into the convo of the greats that never held the title. Still have him well below Dibiase, Roberts, Henning, and Hall, though. As far as all time? No

·
Registered
976 Posts
He's starting to work his way into the convo of the greats that never held the title. Still have him well below Dibiase, Roberts, Henning, and Hall, though. As far as all time? No
Miz won the title in 2010 defended the WWE title against Cena at WM27. He is a former World Champ.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Team Narcisse
7,939 Posts
Miz won the title in 2010 defended the WWE title against Cena at WM27. He is a former World Champ.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Lol. Completely dropped the ball on that one. No excuses.

Reactions: Ace

·
Banned
6,708 Posts
Miz is by far the most stale character since Randy Orton and John Cena. His mic skills are solid, but he never really delivers a great promo every time he speaks. His shit talking isn't credible because he doesn't look like a threat. He looks like the guy next door with a white picket fence house and family of 4 with a dog.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've enjoyed him the past couple years and I don't think he has become stale. I loved him making fun of Cena.

All time great though? Definitely not. Might be one of the top IC guys (top 15).

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Just finished watching the match, and you know what? I don't think Miz gets enough credit for consistently having good matches with guys like Dolph Ziggler (good worker, zero heat) and Dean Ambrose (good heat, mediocre worker).

He can't work "main event style" for shit, but he's kind of a midcard GAWD at this point.

·
Registered
14,226 Posts
No.

I mean this in the nicest way to Miz... he's not a diamond in the rough... he's an air freshener in an outhouse.

Sure when you're in the outhouse the air freshener is nice, if not REALLY nice or vital for survival, but once you're out of the outhouse there's much better things to smell.

... Wow... that was a weird metaphor :p

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
He's been a solid hand for most of his tenure, with a couple of great stints here and there (2010, 2016), but I wouldn't call him one of the "all time greats".

However, if some of the ridiculous posts in this thread are any indication, he's still underrated as fuck.

When all is said and done, I see him being remembered in the same way that Christian is remembered.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts