Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's what TNA basicly made people think after Genesis. Miscommunication made them lose the titles.

Is it time?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
wait, what? are MCMG supposed to win every single match or else it makes people think they should break up?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Miscommunication made them lose the titles.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Although both Sabin and Shelley both have very promising singles careers (Shelley especially) I think they should at least get one more long title reign before they're done.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I for one think it may be time. It may benefit the tag division having the less well known teams like gen me and ink ink getting a chance to show there talents along with the newly reformed british invasion. Plus the x division or global title picture would really benefit from having these two sittin tight there for a bit.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Hell to the motherfucking no.

Don't get me wrong, these guys would kill in the X-Division, especially since it has been so flat lately. But seriously, MCMG and Beer Money ARE the Tag Team division. One reign and they're meant to break up? Fuck that. Let 'em go for redemption.

·
Banned
315 Posts
Yeah, it was definitely very subtly teased with the screw up and the repeated closeups of a distraught Chris Sabin.

I'd be o.k. with them breaking up. They've been teaming in TNA for nearly four years now and had a nice run. They'd make good singles additions to the X-Division and Television title scenes.

With that said, I really hope they get a chance to take on the Hardy Boyz before they break up, assuming that they do.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
I'd say no.

I think they have at least another 1 - 2 years left in them. Sure the guns have been together for awhile but its only been since July that they FIRST won the tag-titles. Breaking them up now only after ONE reign seems kind of pointless and dumb. Plus if you break them up now we may never see them feud with the Hardy Boys which would be a dream match imo.

TNA just needs new tag-teams to add in the mix. The Guns arn't getting old its just them vs Beer Money, or them vs Gen Me is.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
It'd be pretty insane to break them up, even if they're out of the tag division. They could easily work as singles wrestlers while still being friends, and then you've got the option of using them when BM vs Ink Inc gets too boring every week. Not sure why there's this obsession with every team having to break up when they start working as singles guys, especially when Sabin and Shelley have done so before.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Long title reign. I'm not done with these guys yet as a team and no fued. Just a "We'll see who's better one more time" thing with these guys still being cool with eachother. Not every tag team needs to...fued within itself.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Honestly, as much as i like both of them.... I don't want to see them doing anything other than tag team wrestling.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Simply put no TNA shouldn't break up The Motor City Machine Guns and it shouldn't even be considered as right now they are probably the best tag team in the world to watch in the ring which is TNA's saving grace because they can't draw for shit as a company. Eventually every tag team breaks up with the exception of The Road Warriors and The Nasty Boys but whilst Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley will one day have good singles career's neither man is a standout star that will go on to be the main guy in the company as people like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Scott Steiner and Booker T all were at some point.

They couldn't keep the tag team title's forever and i think they have had a great and lenghtly run but anytime a face has a title for too long they become stale and that applies to tag teams as well so the move to put the title's back on Beer Money was a great idea as it freshens up the tag team scene again and we'll probably see another tag team come in for the title's now like Ink Inc. Now that Team 3D have been split up and Homicide almost a lock to never return to form LAX i think that TNA needs another tag team and i don't mean just throwing a couple of X Division wrestler's together, i would love to see TNA pull out all the stops for Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas or The Briscoe Brothers or even a Mexican or Japanese tag team.

At the moment there is Beer Money, The Motor City Machine Guns, Ink Inc, Generation Me and seeing how Immortal are a stable they could easily throw a couple of wrestler's together when the situation needed it plus there is Jeff and Matt Hardy on occasions but i would add one more to that group so they can keep the tag team scene fresh at all times. If they did break The Motor City Machine Guns up after they had the initial feud with each other they would both just be in the X Division with one doing well and the other doing nothing before they changed it around and roles were reversed because TNA don't care about the X Division as much as they used to so i wouldn't even consider splitting them up.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Maybe a hiatus, but not a full blown break up. That'd be insane to break up a team like this. Plus all it was was miscommunication.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts