Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Seth Rollins (who got some boos at the beginning of the main-event in his opponent's home-country but still managed to win the crowd over by the end of the match after a thrilling babyface performance) having "no" charisma :lmao :lmao

Anyway, he's still a great wrestler who's average on the promo department.
look you know me, I am a rollins fan but last night's match was an embarrassment. getting a crowd to chant "this is awesome" doesn't mean shit and its something I had to admit to myself. the crowd will pop for big moves and good workmate and hardcore fans will be happy. I don't know if it's on him or on wwe , but the match with lesnar was an absolute embarrassment. its not even "no sell" anymore , there Is absolutely no psychology or continuity. the shit he did with supposedly broken ribs and all the shit lesnar did to him ( even internal damages). it was just terrible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Last night's match was amazing but it's time to admit he sucks in the ring :lol

The gimmick posting in here has become incredible.
By what definition was the match amazing? The spots? I guess spots wise the match was fine but what about storytelling? Seth Rollins the guy with the broken ribs was flying off the top rope doing splashes , doing multiple suicide dives in a row etc etc. The guy was barely walking a week ago on RAW and last night he was able to do all that just with a week rest? As i said in the OP i guess psychology doesn't matter anymore

·
seth will never be cool!
992 Posts
He can do movez but he lacks ring psychology and the ability to work a crowd. He just does whatever is preplanned. Look at his match with Dean which was one of three different seth matches hijacked by the crowd. You can see by his reaction that he has no idea what to do when the crowd turns on the match. His solution? he starts spamming suicide dives. :lmao He's basically a move spam robot. Fine if that is all the match requires but useless if you have to adjust on the fly. I will concede that his in ring is better than is ability to emote and cut convincing promos. He is just a severely limited performer.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts
This was a combination of Seth and WWE booking it this way. If they didn't book him being destroyed the last two weeks to where he was barely able to walk, I would have actually really really liked this match, it was a ton of fun. Brock was incredible, everything Seth did move wise was pretty great and some of it was really impressive, and in a vacuum it would have been great.

It wasn't in a vacuum. My main problem was that he sold absolutely nothing. He acted like he was perfectly fine, and it was goddamn infuriating, especially after how brutal the beatdown he got was.

As for everything else, if you want to call Seth the worst pro wrestler in every aspect that has ever existed in the history of wrestling itself, sure go for it. I don't like his face run, I think he's been frankly terrible and given terrible lines to work with. I really did enjoy him as a heel, especially with his character and even his promos were pretty decent. Just end this face run NOW, but they won't.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
This was a combination of Seth and WWE booking it this way. If they didn't book him being destroyed the last two weeks to where he was barely able to walk, I would have actually really really liked this match, it was a ton of fun. Brock was incredible, everything Seth did move wise was pretty great and some of it was really impressive, and in a vacuum it would have been great.

It wasn't in a vacuum. My main problem was that he sold absolutely nothing. He acted like he was perfectly fine, and it was goddamn infuriating, especially after how brutal the beatdown he got was.

As for everything else, if you want to call Seth the worst pro wrestler in every aspect that has ever existed in the history of wrestling itself, sure go for it. I don't like his face run, I think he's been frankly terrible and given terrible lines to work with. I really did enjoy him as a heel, especially with his character and even his promos were pretty decent. Just end this face run NOW, but they won't.
On each dive, he held his ribs before the jump. Did we watch the same match?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Looks like someone needs to watch Cena vs Rollins Summerslam '15. Rollins was working kayfabe injured, so he wasn't allowed to do the moves he did against Cena.

·
Registered
996 Posts
The match was really good. But honestly, that's all you can say. Seth winning made no sense at all. None. And I don't say that because I dislike Seth. I hated Brocks stranglehold on the title even more. But Seth's a stupid geek that got owned by Brock. And now he all of a sudden beats him clean as a whistle? Something not even Roman could? WTF is going on here?! Where does Vince want to go with this? Seth and RAW will get obliterated by Football anyhow.

And boy, everyone saying Seth sucks at telling a story in the ring/selling his injuries is probably dancing on the tables right now. This match proved it and you will never, ever convince me otherwise after this match.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I've never thought he was great in the ring. I don't think he sucks, his selling is poor though. I can only think of one great match in his career - the triple threat with Cena and Brock in 2015.

I'm glad he won. Now lets have a smooth transition getting the belt on Bray.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
All you have to do is watch 3 random matches of this guy to tell he has absolutely no clue how to tell a convincing story in the ring. He is the definition of a spot monkey. Has absolutely nothing to do with the flow of the match, but he's going to get all his spots in regardless. The only trick he knows how to pop the crowd is to a do big spot and then a near fall.

I really gave this guy a shot this year. It seemed like it could've been a Bret Hart 1994 or Shawn Michaels 1996 year. But the guy has flopped flat on his face. His promo work is a completely different level of bad, but his matches this year have absolutely sucked too

·
Baby It's Violence
7,122 Posts
On each dive, he held his ribs before the jump. Did we watch the same match?
Considering he was left for dead on the following two Raws, that wasn't anywhere near enough for me. The dude busted out a goddamn massive frog splash onto the announce table (which looked amazing mind you), and was still moving after it. In theory if his ribs were near broken or something, that should have like made him dead for the rest of the match.

And yes, I did watch the match.

·
Registered
24,457 Posts
OK, are people REALLY so high and mighty on selling?

Look, I like good selling too. But let me give you a history lesson. Remember Rock vs. Hogan from WrestleMania 18? Remember how a month before that match, Hogan damn near killed Rock with a fucking semi truck crash in the parking lot.

And the next month, Rock was showing no ill effects? Were people around then like "boy, Rock sure isn't selling the fact that he almost died a month ago."

I mean c'mon now. This is getting ridiculous. Good selling to me is showing that their is an injury and having it play a part in the match, which Seth did. But my God if he sold that injury as much some of you wanted, he would have hobbled around the entire match, and people would have said the match was completely boring because of it.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ok I get that you Rollins fans are happy your dude won. But let's look at this shit objectively. The first mugging, Seth takes 3 germans, one on the outside. An F5 into the steel post, 3 on the point of a chair, one on the stretcher. Internal bleeding. The next week Brock attacks the ribs more. At best Rollins should have been 50 or 60% health. So you're telling me a healthy 100% AJ, Bryan, Joe, Strowman, Reigns, and Undertaker COULD NOT beat Lesnar? Get the fuck outta here with that shit. What did somebody give him a senzu bean before he went out there?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
OK, are people REALLY so high and might on selling?

Look, I like good selling too. But let me give you a history lesson. Remember Rock vs. Hogan from WrestleMania 18? Remember how a month before that match, Hogan damn near killed Rock with a fucking semi truck crash in the parking lot.

And the next month, Rock was showing no ill effects? Were people around then like "boy, Rock sure isn't selling the fact that he almost died a month ago."

I mean c'mon. This is getting ridiculous. Good selling to me is showing that their is an injury and having it play a part in the match, which Seth did. But my God if he sold that injury as much some of you wanted, he would have hobbled around the entire match, and people would have said the match was completely boring because of it.
That's 2 different things. In the Hogan/Rock match nobody (as far as i can remember , i haven't watched that match in quite some time) was promoting that The Rock was injured or anything like that which just made that semi truck crash segment pointless and just for shock value. The Rock didn't come out all taped up or anything for his match so he wasn't intended to have an injury for this match. The story of the Rollins/Lesnar match was that of Rollins having to beat Lesnar injured.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Just talking about this specific feud/match weeks leading up to. (none of Seth's prior feuds/matches)

On Monday, when Seth Rollins limped ever so slowly down the ramp with the chair. Ever so gingerly climbed into the ring. ... Then proceeded to charge Brock with lightning speed. That was ... really poor.

Sorry, I still can't get past that one specific moment. Forget this match, go back to Monday. Now, what was that all about? Was he "faking it"? (talking TV character faking it, not "real" faking the injury) Faking the limp to Brock, to surprise attack him? Or was it poor selling? So poor that everything we saw and painfully had to watch Seth's sloth like entrance was for nothing. Either way, it needs to be explained. I can't get past that. And if I can't get past that, then I can't buy anything Seth's selling in his match at Summerslam. ... and I didn't.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Let's see here, he came into the match with injured ribs after 2 brutal beatdowns, took like 8 straight german suplexes (including that nasty one on the floor) and his comeback was 3 suicide dives and 2 frog splashes.

Fire all the agents and send this geek back to the performance centre. If Brock didn't wake up in a good mood and decide to put his working boots on that would have been an all time bad main event.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ok I get that you Rollins fans are happy your dude won. But let's look at this shit objectively. The first mugging, Seth takes 3 germans, one on the outside. An F5 into the steel post, 3 on the point of a chair, one on the stretcher. Internal bleeding. The next week Brock attacks the ribs more. At best Rollins should have been 50 or 60% health. So you're telling me a healthy 100% AJ, Bryan, Joe, Strowman, Reigns, and Undertaker COULD NOT beat Lesnar? Get the fuck outta here with that shit. What did somebody give him a senzu bean before he went out there?
That's very fair. It'd be nice to see Heyman get in Brock's face a little bit. Telling him he doesn't have it anymore. Then Brock grabs Heyman to shut him up. Next PPV Brock dominates someone. Seth can be known as the guy that just has Brock's number.

21 - 40 of 142 Posts