Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After the match with Brock at Summerslam is it time to admit that Rollins sucks in the ring? How can you be considered good in the ring when you are not able to sell an injury? Near the end of the match when Rollins did 3 suicide dives in a row despite having broken ribbs was so ridiculous. People used to give so much shit to someone like Jeff Hardy calling him a spot monkey and bad in the ring and everything yet Rollins does the exact same thing and maybe he's even worse. Atleast Jeff Hardy was good at selling. I guess psychology doesn't matter in this era and its not required to be "good in the ring".

·
Registered
98 Posts
The guy went top rope and frog splashed through a table with 'broken ribs'. It's not time to admit anything. The dude has always had no ring psychology and besides his voice has always been one of his biggest weaknesses. Look at the stupid ass falcon arrow spot he does all the time.
The guy's a fucking joke.
End of story.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Not being able to sell and booking the match in a way where selling doesn't occur are 2 different things :draper2

My guess is Seth Rollins is capable of selling but why they booked the match that way (or Seth decided to work it that way or whatever) really made it look bad. I mean in a vacuum the match itself was a very good match. But when you take into account that the story going in was Seth's injuries, the way it was structured and booked, from the standpoint of Seth's part, made it look very stupid. I get you need to suspend disbelief, and from what I've seen on here I am one on this site that can do that the most, but there is a limit to that, even for people who are able to do it well.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not being able to sell and booking the match in a way where selling doesn't occur are 2 different things :draper2

My guess is Seth Rollins is capable of selling but why they booked the match that way (or Seth decided to work it that way or whatever) really made it look bad. I mean in a vacuum the match itself was a very good match. But when you take into account that the story going in was Seth's injuries, the way it was structured and booked, the standpoint of Seth's part< made it look very stupid. I get you need to suspend disbelief, and from what I've seen on here I am one on this site that can do that the most, but there is a limit to that, even for people who are able to do it well.
Its probably both Seth's and WWE's fault. The very least WWE could've done is to book a healthy Seth beat Brock instead of an injured one. Maybe the match would've been decent this way and the things Seth did would've been more believable

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,244 Posts
I don’t know if it’s all on Seth but whoever is producing these over booked, nonsensical, no ring psychology matches needs to be fired.

You had an absolutely ridiculous Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano match at takeover. Now you have super Seth vs Brock. This Superman booking shit is ruining the business. It’s like watching a video game. They might as well just put an animated life meter over their heads.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The guy went top rope and frog splashed through a table with 'broken ribs'. It's not time to admit anything. The dude has always had no ring psychology and besides his voice has always been one of his biggest weaknesses. Look at the stupid ass falcon arrow spot he does all the time.
Words can't describe how much I fucking hate that video game offense spot.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
You can't have Rollins sell like he did for two-three Raws in a row then at the PPV he sells those injuries he was selling for weeks for a few minutes then BAM he doesn't anymore for the rest of the match. If he's going to draw power from the millions of Hulkamaniacs all over the world or whatever and no sell his previously taken damage then it needs to happen at the very end and just long enough for him to win. Not for 3/4 of the match

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,548 Posts
It baffles me really. Like the only thing this guy can do is ringwork, thats the only string to his bow; workrate. He sure as hell cant cut a promo, or work a character. He has no charisma or personality. But his ringwork is pretty well respected, yet he no sells everything. And not in a Brock/Hogan way, in a he's too stupid and all he can do is dumb spots way. Rollins is the sort of guy who will never let ring psychology or selling get in the way of trying to make the fans go "ooooohhhhhh".

For a guy who is meant to be this amazing in ring talent, for a guy who literally all he brings to the table is workrate, his workrate sucks. There's no point doing all these moves and shit if you cant sell anything or display any kind of ring psychology. How this guy has got to the spot he's in astounds me, he's either sucking some dick backstage or he has pictures of someone sucking dick because even the McMahons aren't this dumb to try and pretend this no talent bum is FOTC material.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Very true, and we can't blame booking/creative for this one as Seth clearly has control over his matches, and he keeps doing that hit garbage over and over again.

Well wrestling fans got their wish, Lesnar's has been beat clean as a whistle by a clown who doesn't understand how to give a good promo or put out a semi-passable match in the ring. Let's see what kind of impact he has now that he's cemented as the top guy.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
basically rollins can do moves.......thats it, he cant act, he cant talk, he cant sell.

like microsoft narrator in tights.

I know its cliche but in any other era, this guy would be nowhere near the top. Hes only getting a look in because wwe hasnt built anyone remarkable in well over a decade. Its like winning the world cup when all the decent players are not playing. You arnt really the best, you are just the best of the worst.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
It baffles me really. Like the only thing this guy can do is ringwork, thats the only string to his bow; workrate. He sure as hell cant cut a promo, or work a character. He has no charisma or personality. But his ringwork is pretty well respected, yet he no sells everything. And not in a Brock/Hogan way, in a he's too stupid and all he can do is dumb spots way. Rollins is the sort of guy who will never let ring psychology or selling get in the way of trying to make the fans go "ooooohhhhhh".

For a guy who is meant to be this amazing in ring talent, for a guy who literally all he brings to the table is workrate, his workrate sucks. There's no point doing all these moves and shit if you cant sell anything or display any kind of ring psychology. How this guy has got to the spot he's in astounds me, he's either sucking some dick backstage or he has pictures of someone sucking dick because even the McMahons aren't this dumb to try and pretend this no talent bum is FOTC material.
:sodone
Damn. This is so accurate it hurts

:Rollins2

·
Listen to me, When the times comes, you gotta run
527 Posts
Seth is the biggest example of wrestler who can do moves but that is literally all he can do.

Dude has no idea on psychology or the concept of selling, he was literally murdered the last two weeks and tonight the idiot is going through tables like a stereotypical Indy mark.

Can't cut a promo, does not have charisma Rollins is midcard trash

2,268 Posts
Stone Cold: “Rollins is somewhat over, not all-the-way over, not by a long shot. Now, I don't mean that in a bad way. That's just being honest. He [has] relied on his sequences and his athleticism to carry him. To take him to the next level, he'll have to get more character development."

“When you say 'Seth Rollins' or if you want to say 'Seth Freakin' Rollins', I still don't have a sense of what or who this guy is. And so, that rests on Seth Rollins' shoulders, as an individual, as a performer, to define or create that as well as the WWE because I still don't get a sense of what kind of personality he is."

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,996 Posts
Seth Rollins (who got some boos at the beginning of the main-event in his opponent's home-country but still managed to win the crowd over by the end of the match after a thrilling babyface performance) having "no" charisma :lmao :lmao

Anyway, he's still a great wrestler who's average on the promo department.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
I admit that I over rated him. I thought he was a lot better than he actually is.

Reactions: BlackieDevil
1 - 20 of 142 Posts