Wrestling Forum banner

Is it still PG?

2450 Views 26 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  2ManyLimes!
The reason i ask is when the rock first came back he was bleeped for saying A/s/s right? But wasnt bleeped for saying it last RAW.

Also randy was saying some M rated stuff, like "when i kick you so hard in the head that it makes your neck snap,that i crush your spine" dosent sound like PG to me or am i the only one that think that?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
5,733 Posts
You really need to learn what falls under the pg rating.
Precisely. WWE has been acting G more than PG.

· Registered
594 Posts
I see what you're saying and agree. They have slowly becoming more edgy. Go back and watch Rocks promo when he came back, Cenas promo the next week and Rocks from this week. Them three have been alot more adult than "I'm gonna fight you for whats right and I'm gonna respect you even if you kill my family".

Please go away with this weekly crap...its getting boring at this stage...
If you can't post a decent argument, please don't fill the forum with your bile.

· Registered
18,863 Posts
You really need to learn what falls under the pg rating.
It's not really their fault. People don't really pay attention to tv shows ratings but they do for WWE, so after seeing what WWE did for the past 2 years, they believe that's what PG is, but when you look at other shows, you realize that WWE is further from 14+ than those other PG shows are.

It's not being censored(even in canada which im surprised cause canada airs it twice on a delay so they have lots of time to censor) cause they're realizing that what's being said is technically PG.

Nice to see WWE not getting these things censored and maybe we'll see things like this start to become natural in WWE again. Not saying it'll make anything better, but that's main reason why people felt like PG was gonna suck cause everything that naturally came into WWE seemed to get taken away due to the rating but people are finally seeing that the PG rating didn't take away what WWE can do, their own writers did that.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well i do live in australia so i might have a different out look on what PG is, but i think there slowly getting over the PG rating since rock came back or at the very least they have gotten better.

· Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please go away with this weekly crap...its getting boring at this stage...
What weekly crap? If you dont like the thread then dont click it and dont vent your crappy life all over me.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
It's still PG. It will be for a long time, or at least until there's some competition that necessitates the change. The only reason they've allowed an increase in swearing is because it's the "Road to WrestleMania". When that's over, all we'll have is "CM Sucks" and Cena's "poopy" jokes.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
Why is everyone so concerned about the PG rating, especially without knowing exactly what the fuck it is?

Television

This program contains material that parents may find unsuitable for younger children. Many parents may want to watch it with their younger children. The theme itself may call for parental guidance and/or the program may contain one or more of the following: some suggestive dialogue (D), infrequent coarse language (L), some sexual situations (S), or moderate violence (V).
Movies

PG - Parental Guidance Suggested - Some material may not be suitable for children under 10. These films may contain milder swear words, brief smoking, crude/suggestive humor, natural non-sexual nudity, short and infrequent horror moments and/or mild violence. Usually no drug use is acceptable in this category. Topless men may be present but topless woman are not usually acceptable unless in an educational or scientific context. A few racial insults may also be heard.
So yes everything WWE has done since The Rock came back, has been completely PG. Just because someone cursed or said something about kicking someone in the spine, does not mean they're pushing the envelope.

Some of the best shows on TV are rated PG and some of the best movies of all time are PG. It does not interfere with putting on a good product. If you're so concerned with it being PG, here's a hint: stop watching.

Reactions: Mister Hands

· Registered
483 Posts
I see what you're saying and agree. They have slowly becoming more edgy. Go back and watch Rocks promo when he came back, Cenas promo the next week and Rocks from this week. Them three have been alot more adult than "I'm gonna fight you for whats right and I'm gonna respect you even if you kill my family".

If you can't post a decent argument, please don't fill the forum with your bile.
Its not me thats filling this forum with bile. There are numerous threads about this topic already, all it takes is a quick search and you can post away there. Ive already posted my argument there, there's no need for having multiple threads rolled out every time someone says something even remotely edgey....thats all!

· Registered
109 Posts
If it's true WWE is cutting million dollar deals with the likes of K-Mart, and Lind M. looking to run for office again, PG is going to be around a very, very long time. The rating doesn't matter at all to me. Wrestling is no different than a movie. There are plenty of excellent PG movies. WWE needs more meaning, and emotional build in their storylines. Lawler/Cloe is a good example, regardless of the quality of match they can or can't deliver.

· Registered
109 Posts
Why is everyone so concerned about the PG rating, especially without knowing exactly what the fuck it is?

Television

Movies

So yes everything WWE has done since The Rock came back, has been completely PG. Just because someone cursed or said something about kicking someone in the spine, does not mean they're pushing the envelope.

Some of the best shows on TV are rated PG and some of the best movies of all time are PG. It does not interfere with putting on a good product. If you're so concerned with it being PG, here's a hint: stop watching.
Dang... just read your post after posting mine. Didn't intend to copy you.

· Banned
3,177 Posts
they let Rock have the freedom but still unknown but this monday if they let Steve Austin have the same freedom on mic then i believe/confidence WWE going toward edgy down the line after WM...
What the fuck? No.

The fact that Rock and Austin (which he will get the same freedom) are allowed to push the envelope a little farther is because they are FUCKING LEGENDS. The WWE is not going to baby down the two biggest stars of the attitude era, they would look like idiots. Not to mention neither one is going to stick around for any considerable amount of time, so it doesn't matter that they get a little freedom for a couple of months.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.