Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because i think that he did. He goes out there and has these 5 star matches every week that the fans can really get in to and thats why people react to him the way they do. Win or lose its always entertaining. The people just respect him for his wrestling ability. Not saying thats a bad thing, thats actually a great thing. If only more can do the same.

·
RIP Fredo
3,105 Posts
Re: is it safe to say that Daniel Bryan got over mainly based on his wrestling abilit

Nah, it was the yes chants and his stint as with Team Hell No

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Re: is it safe to say that Daniel Bryan got over mainly based on his wrestling abilit

Unique charisma, his loyal "ain't having that shit that took place at MANIA 28" fanbase from the indy scene fans, a catch phrase, and beautifully booked story lines, and strong showing in all his matches. imo

·
Registered
7,523 Posts

Yeah sums it up well

1: Loose 18 Second Match To Sheamus
2: Have Bunch Of Smart Fans Do Your Chant Night After Mania
3: Do Comedic Segments With Man In Mask To Try Work Out Anger Issues
4: Get Diploma For Step 3
5: Become Part Of An Over Tag Team
6: Put On Great Matches
7: Over Wrestler

·
Registered
6,640 Posts

The yes chants, his unique charm and his comedic stint with Kane got him over but his wrestling ability kept him over.

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts

Not even a little bit. The 10% of his current fanbase that like him for his wrestling ability have been there pretty much since the beginning. He blew up because of his hilarious PG shenanigans in Team Hell No.

·
Registered
485 Posts

The YES chants and the supercharged charisma/pace he's had in his matches over the past year or so like the dropkicks corner to corner and love his new finisher. He needed one.

·
Banned
859 Posts

Again austin316 took words out of my mouth and as the ither poster also said that more than his 90% his fans like him coz of yes and team hell no.

·
wrap
9,027 Posts

Well, he was relatively over back in 2010-2011, before Team Hell No and the Yes! chant. Casuals could give less of a crap about wrestling ability, and he was pretty over with casuals back then. I can't put my finger on what it was though, but I remember him making some cheesy catch phrases like, "If you don't tap, it'll snap.", or whatever, and the crowd seemed to like it.

·
Registered
11,942 Posts

he got over with the kids and casuals doing stuff like this

·
Registered
3,973 Posts

Nah, it was the yes chants and his stint as with Team Hell No
This.

Honestly think the Team Hell No definitely helped elevate him.

The fact that he was/is strong really helps though.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

The yes chants, his unique charm and his comedic stint with Kane got him over but his wrestling ability kept him over.
This.

The only thing he lacks are decent/believable mic skills, which hopefully he will develop in time as his character grows.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts

I think it's weird when people say he only got over because of the "YES!" chants.

Obviously the chants are probably a big part of it, but also because he's entertaining to watch, the fans get really invested during his matches and I don't think it's just because of the chants. And he's genuinely a like-able babyface, plus he's very sympathetic. Not to mention he has a cult-following on the internet and a lot (or at least some) of the fans in the crowd go on the internet constantly. And I also think the "Weak Link" storyline + Team Hell No enhanced his over-ness a lot as well.

I could be wrong, though lol. Just my assumption.

·
Acknowledged by Lex Luger
443 Posts

No, I don't think that has been the case with any WWE superstar ever.

·
Registered
7,606 Posts

I think people generally just get behind a good underdog story.

·
Registered
619 Posts

He aint over yes chat is. otherday tripleh started yes chants and the crowd followed

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts

he got over with the kids and casuals doing stuff like this

I'll admit it, I snickered at "Cousin Daniel?".
The way it sniffs him :lol

As already said Daniel Bryan was over with the ROH carry-over crowd already for his wrestling abilities and got over with the WWE Universe by just owning all the crap thrown his way (Yes chant, Team Hell No).

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

He got over as a result of being booked consistently to be entertaining.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts

I would agree fully with this.

Reactions: #Mark
1 - 20 of 31 Posts