Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
100% Straight Fire
2,692 Posts
Yeah, definitely. I personally can't see the appeal of Ambrose and I'm certainly not a fan of his, but he's over and has some serious fan support. That, coupled with the fact the Wyatts have been mismanaged more than even The Big Show ever was, thus totally killing their momentum and potential, means that Dean's involvement is definitely for the best.

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
Not really.. Enough with the inconsistency. They start something between Wyatt and Lesnar and scrapped that like nobody remembers they have beef... If they wanted Ambrose they should've had this idea a month ago.. I have no problem with either match, but i do have a problem with their inconsistent booking... Make up your fucking minds already.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
In a sense, I'm glad because I feel whatever is planned for Wyatt now, he will at least go over instead of jobbing his 3rd Mania in a row.

Is Ambrose a better opponent for Lesnar though? Fuck no. They have booked him like a complete bitch up to this point when it comes to Lesnar. And he lost to a simple spear at Fastlane. Dean going over would be bitter sweet IMO.

Its just fucking sad how they treat Wyatt. "You're a big deal, but you're not.". I don't expect him to be featured in the top 3 matches every year (give others a chance), but he should have at least won vs Cena and Taker...now he's kinda...the comic book villain. And they better not go the Big Show route and have him get his Wrestlemania moment when his in his 40s fpalm

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Well hopefully the WWE braintrust realized that having Bray lose his 3rd consecutive WM was a terrible decision. Ambrose vs Lesnar has been getting great reactions and Ambrose can actually lose this match, and look better as a result. I tHink its one of those thing where WWE just stumbled into something that is markedly better than what they had planned. That kind of thing happens a lot in the wrestling world.

We can only hope that thus allows Bray to get a nice, productive win.Outside of retiring someone, though, I don't see a game altering win available for him

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Yeah it was the right call, Ambrose has surpassed Wyatt in credibility and momentum right now. This is good for Wyatt because Lesnar squashing him is just uh.... no shouldn't be happening. Hopefully this gives Bray a chance to be put into a match he can win.

·
Learning to break RECORDS
221 Posts
sigh.. I really hope Wyatt vs Big Show isn't apart of the WM card. I can still see Wyatt interfering in Sting's induction when all the hall of famers come out during that segment lol. that could be his moment

·
Banned
1,179 Posts
I think it's a great idea. I don't now if it's just me but I see the Bray Wyatt & the Family "gimmick" in a totally different way from most I've seen on the forum tbh. Everyone is always complaining that Bray talks a lot of big talk and there's never any pay-off in the end - I actually think that's kinda the point. Here's why:

Bray is NOT a true "supernatural" character like Undertaker/Kane. He's a "cult leader." In history most cult leaders (L. Ron Hubbard being the anomaly because somehow his cult is considered a valid religion in America now) were known for manipulating weak-minded people with fantastic/far-fetched lies into being their followers. They almost always had some form of "religious" or "supernatural" tone to their preaching - Charles Manson and Helter Skelter, Hubbard and Xenu/Operating Thetans etc. These devotees would then go and do the bidding of their "master" or "saviour" or whatever. So let's look at Bray Wyatt:

Crazy cult leader who believes he's "the eater of worlds" and has a strange charisma about him which pulls in followers - Check, this is standard for a "successful" cult leader.

Has a family of seemingly unintelligent followers who do his bidding/dirty work - Check

Talks a lot of nonsense that noone in their right mind would believe in - Check

Acts/believes he's far more important/potent than he really is - Check.

He's playing the gimmick, that's all. Charles Manson was a crazy person who convinced other crazy people to be murderers, he wasn't some supernatural threat at all. The Wyatts are totally "in character" all of the time they get beaten, they're a cult, not some demonic entity. Bray's "character" is that of a crazy, deluded, redneck cult leader who talks alot of un-true nonsense and makes predictions that never happen - JUST LIKE ALL OF THE CULT LEADERS IN HISTORY.

Basically, they're booking him to be exactly what he's supposed to be. The wrestling fans are just too stupid to actually realise it ;)

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Wyatt never should have been the plan in the first place. I'm genuinely happy for Ambrose getting this match as he's the last of the Shield guys to get a big singles match at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
24,396 Posts
In this situation, we forget about it and move on to the better option.

I love the Bray Wyatt character. I think he and his family should be the top heel stable in WWE. But that hasn't happened. They've been fucked over and over again. Even 4 on 1, I had no faith that Bray would have any chance with Brock.

But Brock and Ambrose. The story was already there. And fans were into the idea of these two together. That whole segment they did on Monday from the parking lot to the arena was very entertaining. And these two can go out there and just have a huge knockdown drag out street fight with a bunch of weapons and we don't have to get a bunch of Wyatt interferences.

WWE made the right call.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Lesnar will feud with Wyatt in the summer most probably. Wyatt will 'ONCE AGAIN' random attack his victim (Lesnar) come summer.

·
Registered
10,118 Posts
Should it even be debated? Of course Brock/Ambrose over Brock/Bray is the right call.

I've said it before and will say it again, Bray will never become a main eventer, never win the title and will never become the new face of fear...whatever that is anyway. He never wins when it counts and that's the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dean Ambrose deserves the opportunity, although Brock Lesnar is a terrible person to have a fight with at Wrestlemania. *cough*GoldbergvsLesnar*cough* and it's a lot more interesting to see one guy, hell bent on beating what's basically a walking gimmick. Paul Heyman is still fantastic, but Brock has been the same, silent, boring, violence machine since Paul Heyman brought him in the FIRST TIME. A match between the two would allow some development for at least one of them, it's David and Goliath. It's a simple enough idea to use as groundwork to build a really interesting feud.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Totally the right call.

Personally, I think they had planned to keep with the Wyatts vs Lesnar thing after Fastlane, but said PPV's build-up between Ambrose/Lesnar/Heyman became so huge and drew the fans in that WWE realized "hey, we may have something here..." It's the basic David vs Goliath storyline that actually could go either way since it is a no holds barred street fight, and the two have shown that they have more than enough chemistry in the ring to make this feud believable. The segment in the parking lot was just the icing on the cake. These two are going to all but kill each other in a fight that very well may steal the show.

Plus this makes me happy for Ambrose because he's the only Shield member left who hasn't faced Brock one on one and will get his first singles Mania match at the same time. I was especially happy to learn that this was the way WWE went after Fastlane as opposed to just throwing Dean into yet another multi-man match. Doubtful, but I would love it if they made Austin a surprise referee here too. Or even Rollins doing a surprise showing/face turn at some point during this to help Dean.

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,357 Posts
right call. Brock/Ambrose already have something good happening since Post-Rumble.

Brock can destroy The Wyatts on the March 12 special. And they can continue it on TV on the Post-Mania RAW where The Wyatts write Lesnar out. Which leads to Lesnar vs Wyatt and Lesnar vs Strowman in the Summer Time.

·
Banned
479 Posts
No. Ambrose, even in a street fight, doesnt belong against Lesnar. Except a low-blow, Ambrose has no "offense" against Lesnar. Before the match starts, while Lesnar is walking down, he is going to attack him with a object. Lesnar makes a comeback, beats the living shit out of Ambrose, and either F5 and its over or another low-blow, dirty deeds on a object and a fall. I see a F5.

Wyatt would have been a nonclean match either way. All 3 at ringside while Bray tries to get the upperhand on Lesnar. Would have been a nice piss break.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts