Wrestling Forum banner

Is It really hard for you supposedly "smarks" to understand ?

8K views 103 replies 61 participants last post by  AJ_Styles_P1 
#1 · (Edited)
Cena vs Orton is NOT FOR YOU.
it is for this generation's 5 year olds who get to have their generation's defining fued.
just like 80's kids had hogan/warrior,90's had bret/shawn and 00's had austin/rock and 10's has cena vs orton.
i know you don't want it but mostly 80's kids would'nt have surely wanted bret/shawn and so.
so stop your bitching and try to move on.
punk/bryan are NOT big enough to me a wm,so you can stop those tears running down your eyes in grief that your boys won't be maineventing a wm.
OH! YEAH

See less See more
Reactions: Lilou
#19 ·
Bring back Saturday Morning Slam and put it there then.

Reactions: RandomLurker
#77 ·
Totally agree.

I find it hard o believe it will be Cena - Orton at WM 30. Orton has opened the past two WM, giant had a meaningful title run in ages, and has been inc the shadow of Triple H since winning the belt.

You know the belts will be unified before WM 30. There could be controversy before then but bet the farm that Orton will be out of the title picture come WM 30

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#78 ·
Marks haven't existed in over 30 years. Makes it kind of hard for smarks to exist. "Smark" is just a mild term used for asshats that think they know everything about wrestling because they look shit up on wikipedia and watch shoot interviews on Youtube.

#85 · (Edited)
I don't understand why people are overrating the impact of this match. How can we call them "smart fans" when they think a match at a B ppv with a 3 week build is WWE attempting to make Cena Orton the rivalry of the decade?

You want to know why Punk's not in this match? He's winning the Rumble and winning the belt at Mania. Last time I checked that's bigger than TLC.

Yeah Unifying the titles is a somewhat big deal but how big of a rub did Jericho actually get from that?

#88 ·
Exactly. I'm so excited for Punk/Orton. I almost want Orton to retain then lose at Extreme Rules just for his legacy. Cena's validating the WHC and the unified title for everyone on the roster.

#2 ·
Bryan main eventing 3 or 4 PPV's in a row and being pushed in a major tag team with CM Punk = the definition of overpushed, also. About time they gave Cena and Orton the spotlight.. now let's hope they can stop emasculating Orton's character and let him be as good as he was in 07-09

#43 ·
You have to be kidding me Cena and Orton have had the spotlight for the past 10 years. what have you been watching? both have held 25 world title reigns between them.

I think its time for someone else to get the spotlight.

This match is like when WCW did Hogan / Warrior II. Oh lets do it for the new generation of fans.

Please.

#24 ·
I'm pretty sure Cena fans love this. Btw, what if Orton wins and defends against Punk at WM XXX? Wouldn't that be awesome? Cena/Orton is perfect for validating the new belt, the only way for the WHC to mean ANYTHING going into the unification is to have Cena hold it. And Cena and Orton ARE the two most successful wrestlers currently (not counting Punk), and both debuted the year the undisputed title was dissolved by Lesnar, so the symbolism is cool. I get that Cena/Orton are similar, but that doesn't mean they aren't huge stars with a great rivalry that we haven't seen in years. I got back into WWE in 2011, when Punk got big, I NEVER saw Cena/Orton is a big match, so to see it with Orton at his career best (in my opinion, I've seen some old stuff) is awesome, I'd love to see him unify it and be anointed the storyline star of the company. And then Punk/Orton at WM? I'm so excited for that. One Cena/Orton match is worth validating the belt and closing the book on a generation. Punk/Orton are the (near) future.

#4 · (Edited)
^ AND their fans did'nt even bitch about it when punk made ryback his bitch and when bryan first giving the shield it's first loss and then beating them at EVERY SHOW.
i can imagine this forum EXPLODING HAD CENA DONE IT.

@raw2003 i don't think many fans here are 5 to 8 years old so just like i said this is NOT ABOUT THEM THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM BUT THIS NEW GENERATION.
and if they don't wanna see it then don't watch.
it's NOT THAT HARD,I DID IT DURING HALF OF PUNK'S REIGN,so why can't you.
but instead these "smarks" need something to bitch about bc apparently they are paid to do so or have made a habit of doing so.

#8 ·
Well shit, I'm 19 and I'm looking forward to this match, bullshit ending and all. I can understand people being frustrated that these two are still constantly in the spotlight and D-Bry/Punk etc. are being handled in the wrong way, but this is a fued I've enjoyed since it's early days. We are being offered a solid main event here and with the Royal Rumble to come, that's another name we can add to the mix aswell.

I'm going to give this build up a chance, granted last nights main event wasn't anything special... But I think by TLC the majority will hopefully be sold on a potentially brutal match.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

#10 ·
Orton vs Cena has not been done in four years. So in a way it is fresh cause there are fans who weren't watching four years ago. Plus it gets Alberto Del Rio out of the picture. You realize Del Rio every PPV this year(except TLC) was in a heavyweight title match? Now that's what I call an over push.

The Ladder match while may get a finish of both men grabbing a belt, it has at least for me given me more excitement for the TLC ppv then Survivor Series. A B ppv in TLC getting an A main event.

#12 · (Edited)
Cena vs Orton is in no way close to those other feuds because their rivalry has been dull. The don't suit each other.

This generation's best feud has probably been Punk vs Cena. They have good chemistry and Punk is one of the few performers where Cena brings his A game rather than his going through the motions schtick. I also think Punk steps up a notch with Cena as well. Matches generally have always been good and the promos have always been good. Well above the usual Orton/Cena standards.

Funnily enough I think Bryan and Orton have good chemistry as well. Their matches before Orton turned heel where very good.

Punk vs Cena would be a much better choice of mania main event if they were going down that route. The crowd reactions to Cena and Orton say it all. If it was this generation's Rock and Austin, the pops would be off the scale.

You don't have to be a smark to be underwhelmed with Cena and Orton again. They don't have the chemistry or rivalry to relive them.

#33 ·
Cena has great chemistry with Punk and Bryan the problem is WWE so desperately wants Cena to be cheered they don't want him working programs with those two. They spent who knows how many millions on the Rock to come in and anoint Cena as a great star on his level, and nobody bought it for a second.

Orton doesn't have the charisma or mic skills to be a top star of a generation. Punk passed him very early in his main event run as a star.

#23 · (Edited)
And the thing is, those feuds had less matches and more time in between them and I felt that it left a lot of suspense because you could see the next match going any way. With Cena/Orton, it goes either two ways:

1. Cena beats Orton.
2. Orton beats Cena with interference or cheating.

It's happened so many times and Cena's booking remains to be the same it was back then so can we really say that things are going to be different now? Where's the suspense? The progression of character from the last time these two faced off? There's no new tangibles, no new factors...NOTHING NEW, nothing to suspend the disbelief of anyone who's watched the product for years now and has watched these two feud over and over and over and over again.

#25 ·
Cena vs Orton is NOT FOR YOU.
it is for this generation's 5 year olds who get to have their generation's defining fued.
just like 80's kids had hogan/warrior,90's had bret/shawn and 00's had austin/rock and 10's has cena vs orton.
i know you don't want it but mostly 80's kids would'nt have surely wanted bret/shawn and so.
Based on the crowd reaction it doesn't look like this is this generation's Hogan/Warrior, Bret/Shawn or Austin/Rock

#27 ·
Cena and Orton are already stars...lets have a match between them two for what..the tenth time??

Excuse for Punk/Bryan not main eventing? They're not stars.... :allen1
Well no shit...Dat WWE Logic :vince2

What WWE is telling me through their actions is

-Punk and Bryan are good enough and over enough to be the workhorses...using their popularity and overness with crowds to help get the guys that vince wants in the main event.

:kobe6

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.