Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
they have changed writing teams 100 times over the years and nothing seems to work.I also don't think its all Vince's fault for the bad Raws I mean Heyman was booking Raw late 2019 into 2020 and it was still awful he gave us that horrible Lana/Lashley storyline so you can't blame that on Vince.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think the draft will shake things up and probably improve Raw a fair bit. But I also think SmackDown is prioritized now since it's on broadcast television.

I think the Lana/Lashley thing gets a bad rap. The night it started is classic Raw IMO. My main issue is they threw the fans a bone with the Liv Morgan thing and then dropped it the next week. But overall, that's a classic Paul Heyman type storyline so I don't know why people were surprised he booked that.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts

No but seriously. Fire Kevin Dunn for starters. Then clean house and hire more writers. Get Bishoff back too. Let him actually do something this time. See what he can do.

·
Banned
417 Posts
Done to death topic, but here's three biggest things they need to do immediately:-

1)Fire most of the women wrestlers, cut down women's wrestling to 5 mins per show, featuring only hot to semi-attractive women, if at all.

2)Drop the third hour for good, forever.

3)Hire better writers/creative and stop catering solely to kids, and start catering MORE to the 18-34 male demographic by involving edgy, hardcore storylines, better characters, no more scripted promos, and women in hot/sexy roles.

Until they do this, Monday night raw is doomed to be a steaming pile of crap.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Let's think about this. No matter who has allegedly booked the shows in the past: Heyman, etc--the show has sucked. No matter how many writers they hire or fire, the show has sucked.

What's the common denominator?

I'm sorry, but it defies logic that a company of this value, which is the top dog in its industry, cannot find a single person who can write or book worth a damn. It is not the fault of any of them. It's the man at the top who is ripping up scripts hours before the show on the reg.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Well considering Raw's lead announcer doesn't know what a suplex is tells you they don't give a shit about the quality.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I think the draft will shake things up and probably improve Raw a fair bit. But I also think SmackDown is prioritized now since it's on broadcast television.

I think the Lana/Lashley thing gets a bad rap. The night it started is classic Raw IMO. My main issue is they threw the fans a bone with the Liv Morgan thing and then dropped it the next week. But overall, that's a classic Paul Heyman type storyline so I don't know why people were surprised he booked that.
To add further, the viewership increased quite a bit for that wedding segment of Bobby and Lana!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Make raw 2 hours again. Too much filler stuff or stuf that’s not needed that drags it down. Would instantly make it look better

make the 24/7 title into a hardcore or at least a lower tier title again

calm down on all the social media. At times yes it works but your watering down the character and over exposure.
times have changed yes but it’s gone too far now

less women’s wrestling 90% don’t actually care

give people an actually character and identity. To many of the roster look and act the same with no major differences

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
Blissy's #1 fan
4,110 Posts
book stars AS STARS and not with stop start booking

don't saddle promising/already established talents with crappy stories and gimmicks

·
Registered
#PushElias
3,703 Posts
If they dropped the 3rd hour then the show would be a little more watchable, but I think wrestling as a whole will continue to fall. Nothing is ever gonna bring viewership back to wrestling unless some miracle happens.

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again. The problem is Vince. It doesn't matter who the writers are when he's rewriting the show right before it starts.

Reactions: scshaastin

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

the wedding itself was fine it was the burying of Rusev plus as u said droping liv out of the angle.

my biggest problem with Heyman he was pushing some boring guys doing his time as booker Black was great but guys like ricochet should never be pushed.

·
Registered
20,506 Posts
The storylines are just so fucking dull today. Nothing interesting. Nothing must see. You can tell that except for Mania, most talents have been phoning shit in

·
Registered
47 Posts
Better usage of its talent.

Like you have a bunch of guys who aren't on TV like Riddick Moss and Ruas and you have the 24/7 guys running around so why are we getting repeated matches every week? Let these guys be the jobbers. That way your main guys look strong.

I'm hating repeating matches especially after a PPV. Whats the point of a big PPV match if its just gonna happen again in a day.

Use all your talent.

·
Registered
398 Posts
the wedding itself was fine it was the burying of Rusev plus as u said droping liv out of the angle.

my biggest problem with Heyman he was pushing some boring guys doing his time as booker Black was great but guys like ricochet should never be pushed.
Yeah, I was always a Rusev fan so I didn't like the burial of him either. I didn't realize that Heyman was behind pushing Ricochet but he's definitely one reason Raw was boring during that time.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts