Wrestling Forum banner

Is it possible that Rey may lose his mask at Wrestlemania?

3065 34
Cody is really getting over, and with Sin Cara incoming (and with much more impressive moves thatthe ones Rey's using right now) they may believe that he'll be the one who'll be selling masks (the main reason why Rey still has it).

If you go to: http://www.wweshop.com/category/FunMemorabilia/Masks you see that nearly all masks of Rey are in clrearance (some with a humongous 75% discount!), maybe because they know that once he loses it, it'll be tough to sell them (why would kids buy it if he doesn't wear it anymore?).

Maybe I'm hoping too much... What do you think? Is there any possibility that Cody wins?
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
23,897 Posts
I doubt it but now with the debut of Mistico set to happen they could have him lose his mask to stop a clash, the downside of this though would be them losing the opportunity to have a Rey-Mistico match where they're both masked up.

· Registered
169 Posts
He's already lost it before in WCW so I don't think he'd be too precious about it.
Actually, given the Gilbertian methods by which he put a mask back on I'd say it was a very big deal for him. Plus he looks crap without it, with the mask he's a warrior with mystique and charisma, without it he's a short man with chin pubes and a lot of tattoos.

Also, the mask is just too iconic of his character to lose, WWE made that mistake with Kane, they won't make it with Mysterio.

· Registered
44 Posts
Rey won't loose the mask. This spot monkey needs this mask.

· Registered
3,657 Posts
There will be no clash if people buy both mask WWE makes money and that is all they care about - kids love masked wrestlers - if Rey is to ever lose his mask it should be a retirement match at wrestlemania with Sin Cara and hopefully by then he speaks good enough english to carry some weight to the event.

· The One Who Knocks
5,703 Posts
There's more chance of Christian going over Undertaker at Wrestlemania than there is of Rey permanently losing his mask.
Agreed. WWE would never do away with something that makes such easy money for the company. For the same reason the ridiculously corny WWE Championship belt isn't going away any time soon, the same goes for Rey's mask.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.