Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On superstars the past 2 weeks the crowds been loving him and he's been getting pretty massive cheers. Plus he's really been bringing his A game in his ring work, watch his tag match with Chris Masters vs Cody and Drew. Think WWE will realize this and capitalize or will they continue to turn a blind eye to it?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Somebody said the pops he get on Superstars are fake. But Whatevs.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Superstars matches are usually the second match of the night, the crowd will cheer or boo just about anyone.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
MVP has always been hugely popular. I'd say he's the top midcard face that heels can go over now, since he doesn't seem like he's ever going to get moved up the order now.

still, his win / loss ratio on smackdown so far must be pretty amazing.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I'm pretty sure these clips are what you're talking about. listen to how the opening roars sound exactly the same, then listen to how it suddenly just fades away. And watch the crowd to see if people are really going nuts like that all over. Maybe it is real, maybe not. My guess is that it's part real since he is over, but it's mostly fake pops with the volume cranked up.

MVP comes out about the 1:20 mark in this one:

I'd say the answer is no, he's not getting more over. But he's not less over either, so he's fine.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Well he got pops on Raw too when he was beginning to "feud" with Orton (never materialised, but the crowd popped for it) and during his tag run with Worlds biggest ratings.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,977 Posts
loving his new theme, it gives it a big time feel.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
MVP has always been hugely popular. I'd say he's the top midcard face that heels can go over now, since he doesn't seem like he's ever going to get moved up the order now.

still, his win / loss ratio on smackdown so far must be pretty amazing.
I doubt it. Remember that losing streak?

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
He's always been over as a face for some reason. Too bad he sucks at being one.
How can you suck at being a face if you're over?

It's been said a million times but heel MVP is world championship material

Face MVP even if he's as over as it might seem can be a force in the midcard but that's it

Reactions: Chain Gang

·
Banned
6,658 Posts
I agree, and I think he should turn heel. Set up a stable with these members. Reunite Cryme Tyme, and have them has his henchmen. Then he could have them steal the RAW world title claiming that it looks better on him. After that, he could then mail them the old Smackdown world title, or the GM could just have a new one made for RAW voted on by the WWE fans live on RAW the following week.

MVP needs to take the next step, and for Smackdown it should be as the top heel of the show. MVP can hold the mic down rather well, and I think he could easily go back to being the highest paid athlete on the show. His best work was while playing heel. His first big feud could be with Edge. Which is perfect because there was a thread the other day that asked who Edge has eve put "over", and MVP could be that man one day.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Yeah,he's been VERY over for the past two weeks on Superstars.On the
live Smackdown show he was getting a good reaction too so nobody can
it's "fake".They may enhance his entrance pops but the MVP chants
are real.

I doubt it, they show the crowd standing up and cheering
Exactly.

MVP on his twitter page mentioned that the reaction the Milwaukee crowd gave him was amazing.The guy is over.

Superstars matches are usually the second match of the night, the crowd will cheer or boo just about anyone.
The reaction Masters got was weak.Tyson Kidd got a weak reaction too
and those two appeared on Superstars.

MVP is over.Those two really aren't.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
He's always been over as a face for some reason. Too bad he sucks at being one.
This is by far the most Retarded statement i ever heard, seriously, he is over with the Crowd, but that doesn't make him a good Face, being an Asshole as a Face or totally arrogant, yeah this is the definition, fuck the Crowd. How is he not a good Face when being over?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
How can you suck at being a face if you're over?

It's been said a million times but heel MVP is world championship material

Face MVP even if he's as over as it might seem can be a force in the midcard but that's it
Because it's not his thing. You being over doesn't mean you're a good face. You even said it, MVP as a heel owns.

his is by far the most Retarded statement i ever heard, seriously, he is over with the Crowd, but that doesn't make him a good Face, being an Asshole as a Face or totally arrogant, yeah this is the definition, fuck the Crowd. How is he not a good Face when being over?
Read my above post.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
WWE shouldn't just ignore the big reaction that he always gets. Give this man a push that he deserves.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Because it's not his thing. You being over doesn't mean you're a good face. You even said it, MVP as a heel owns.

Read my above post.
You get that wrong, he might not entertain you but if he is over and entertains the Fans he is a good Face, also a Heel shouldn't own, he should be hated.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts