Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Forever Blowing Bubbles!
4,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Completely own Cena on the mic at the start of Raw? Cena seemed really off his game. Do you think it was planned to make Cena sound that stupid? He paused a lot and didn't know how to counter what Punk was saying and it's just unusual for the WWE to allow a heel to own their top faces like that.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Re: Is it just me, or did CM Punk...

Punk owned him, but Punk owns everybody because he's a cut above the rest of the roster. Jericho is the only guy WWE has access to who could retaliate against him well.

I don't know if it was planned for Cena to sound like a fool, but he had no hope against Punk regardless.

·
Banned
6,658 Posts

Like I said if Punk keeps this up, fans will start cheering him, and booing Cena. Did you hear how the fans responded to the CM sucks? Punk will turn Cena heel, and the WWE Universe will be the ones who decide it. Punk will do what creative couldn't figure out how to do, and that's build another credible "face" that isn't named John Cena, but CM Punk.

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts

Cena has gone through hell the last 6 months so after it was finally over, he didn't take Punk seriously. It was that "what can you do to me that I haven't already experience?" mentality.

·
Registered
895 Posts

Yes he owned him, but anyone would look like a fool next to CM Punk. Punk is just so fluid and natural its hard to get on top of him in a verbal confrontation. Cena is somewhat limited by the PG era (hence the childish "CM Sucks" failure), but still he was owned.

If this feud goes all the way to Mania, and im fully expecting it too now that Nexus is involved. And if Punk does not have the reigns pulled back in by creative, then i see Punk completely owning Cena for the next 3 months. This will delight smarks around the world and no doubt generate some massive heat for Cena and a rather loud CM Punk chant during their matchup.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts

Cena wasn't off his game, he was just fucking with somebody who knew what he was doing. More I think about it, it makes sense for it to go like that since Cena wouldn't know what the hell Punk's problem was.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts

It wasn't that bad, but yeah, he was outclassed in that promo. Cena is going to have to do better than the typical "Smilin' Cena" promo, and the writers are going to have to do better than "CM Sucks" I think he will step his game up though. Cena can cut some pretty epic promos when he really tries.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts

Punk owned him, but Punk owns everybody because he's a cut above the rest of the roster. Jericho is the only guy WWE has access to who could retaliate against him well.
Pretty much this. Ain't nothing new. CM Punk made Big Show a "Big Joke" not too long ago when they shared promo time together on Smackdown.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts

The delivery was good, as you'd expect, but I thought the content of Punk's promo was fairly average actually. They could have come up with something better than "you're a liar Cena and I don't like you because you're a liar".

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts

Cena has gone through hell the last 6 months so after it was finally over, he didn't take Punk seriously. It was that "what can you do to me that I haven't already experience?" mentality.
No my friend, Punk owned him.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts

All the Punk/Jericho fanatics ought to go read their tweets back and forth to each other on Twitter. That's some intense shit you can all jerk off to. ;)

Really though, Punk always hands his opponant's ass to them when it comes to showdowns on the mic. The only other guy who pwned Cena just as good was Batista that time before he left.

·
The Man
15,344 Posts

It wasn't even at the start of RAW, but at the end of RAW as well. Cena was absolutely terrible last Monday, and that CM Sucks nonsense was cringeworthy and not catching on with the crowd. Punk was good, but Cena was also really off as well.

·
Registered
147 Posts

I think it was supposed to sound like Cena was underestimating Punk, I mean... kayfabe wise, Punk's had a shitty year, so I'd do the same thing.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

The Punk promo reminded me of the HBK-Jericho angle they had where Chris Jericho stated all the facts and truths about the hypocrisy Shawn has done and yet still got cheered.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Punk Domination.

IMO Punk sounds more fluent and real, Cena sounded like he was reading it off paper for the first time. CM Sucks ... really?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts