Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
come on guys. I've seen you hating Wasteland. Attitude Adjustment. Starship Pain. You guys say these moves are weak.

But nobody's talking about the GTS! It seems that Punk misses it all the time. And these misses are rather blatant in fact. So really, what is your opinion of the GTS?

edit: If you think it's okay to love a move that never hits, then do you hate on moves that seem weak? It seems hypocritical to love the GTS and hate the AA, really. If you love both or hate both, it's fine, but if you only love the GTS..

edit: the same case can be said for the tombstone piledriver. I've definitely seen that one given a lot of love...

·
Registered
491 Posts
Re: The GTS never hits

KENTA does it stiffer, but Punk also can't be as stiff with it because of the WWE 'safe style'.

Which tends to look like it doesn't connect flush every time.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts

It looks like it connects to me...but then again I don't replay this shit in slow motion to look... why would I?

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts

I think if it's sold right it's a great finisher. Like most finishing moves it mostly relies on the wrestler who is receiving it. I've seen it botched a couple times, but I definitely wouldn't say it never hits.

·
Banned
452 Posts
Re: The GTS rarely hits

Nobody's talking about it because Punk's dong is the IWC's temple........ or something like that.

·
Banned
763 Posts

I like Punk but I personally think the GTS is lame altogether, I'd say the same if it were finishing or not, and regardless of how often he actually "hits" it. It's tough for me to suspend reality enough to believe that hoisting a guy a few feet off the ground really adds THAT much more impact to a knee to the face, especially since 60% of Punk's repertoire consists of, you guessed it, kneeing guys to the face.

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts

I like Punk but I personally think the GTS is lame altogether, I'd say the same if it were finishing or not, and regardless of how often he actually "hits" it. It's tough for me to suspend reality enough to believe that hoisting a guy a few feet off the ground really adds THAT much more impact to a knee to the face, especially since 60% of Punk's repertoire consists of, you guessed it, kneeing guys to the face.
If you don't buy a direct shot to the face as a knock out blow then I have to question your knowledge of fighting. I see nothing to question.

·
Banned
763 Posts

If you don't buy a direct shot to the face as a knock out blow then I have to question your knowledge of fighting. I see nothing to question.
Well, firstly I really don't give a rat's ass what you question about me. Second of all, you apparently missed my point entirely. Unless you're watching a different CM Punk than I am, he lands a LOT of hard knees to his opponent's face throughout the course of a match. I didn't question whether a knee to the face would be effective; I simply said hoisting a guy on your shoulders first really doesn't add much in terms of velocity. And it doesn't.

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

oh, I actually do accept the GTS as a legit finisher..

Hmm. Maybe I should change my thread title...

·
Super Moderator
19,307 Posts

Well, firstly I really don't give a rat's ass what you question about me. Second of all, you apparently missed my point entirely. Unless you're watching a different CM Punk than I am, he lands a LOT of hard knees to his opponent's face throughout the course of a match. I didn't question whether a knee to the face would be effective; I simply said hoisting a guy on your shoulders first really doesn't add much in terms of velocity. And it doesn't.

Him landing those knees really has nothing to do with his finisher. If you have a complaint it should be about the knees he lands to the face in the match, not his finisher. That's Punks fault.

Also to your point directly.... someone falling down into a knee lift would be much more effective than someone already standing. The gravity adds to it. Him falling into the knee lift is much more brutal than him just standing there because it adds velocity. It's just common sense.

It's like a baseball player being able to hit a ball that is pitched much further than a ball on a tee. What don't you understand about that?

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Okay. John Cena never applies pressure during the STFU. So what's the big deal?
the main problem is hypocrisy. By all means, criticize the AA, the STFU, every move that looks weak but don't leave out the GTS or the Tombstone, every move that doesn't hit?

·
Banned
763 Posts
Re: Is it hypocritical to love the GTS which rarely hits but hate the AA cos it's wea

I don't have a "complaint," you're just trying to prove you're smart about... well, frankly, a topic that's pretty tame. And no, your argument is weak anyway because his knees during the match aren't just "standing there" and you know it. Punk's flying across the ring and smashing into them in the corner. But hey, take the "win" in this lame argument if it makes you feel better.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts