Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out McIntyre's match against Chris Masters and it was a good match but I think it's the first time that McIntyre had a match on Superstars. Do you think Del Rio is going to take his spot as the next up and coming heel or do you think McIntyre's spot is still secure?

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a great sign.

Alberto del Rio generated a lot more heat in his debut than what Drew has been able to in months.
I agree. I'm not a McIntyre fan but I was just speaking in the terms of it being a bad sign for Drew McIntyre. IMO Del Rio is way more entertaining than McIntyre.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,207 Posts
Well, Del Rio had been talking shit for a month and a half, then completely douchebagged it up before submitting the brand's top babyface in his debut.

McIntyre wasn't pushed nearly that strong.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
It's a great sign.

Alberto del Rio generated a lot more heat in his debut than what Drew has been able to in months.
Drew McIntyre has been beating up Fatt Lardy for half of his career. Del Rio made the top face on SD tap out in his first match, he hasn't been pushed nearly as hard.

This isn't the first time Drew has been on Superstars, so I think he's fine. They usually put an established star in the main event each week. I remember Jericho faced Yoshi Tatsu a few weeks ago :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Drew McIntyre has been beating up Fatt Lardy for half of his career. Del Rio made the top face on SD tap out in his first match, he hasn't been pushed nearly as hard.

This isn't the first time Drew has been on Superstars, so I think he's fine. Besides Swagger was on it just last week, they usually put an established star in the main event each week. I remember Jericho faced Yoshi Tatsu a few weeks ago :)
The WWE had great plans for Drew, being Vince's chosen one. He had a nice undefeated streak and was given the Intercontinental Championship, but, what was Drew able to do with all that? Nothing, with no reactions from the crowd and almost no one caring about him, the WWE depushed him and is now feuding with a higher lowcarder, Matt Hardy.

Let's see now about Alberto del Rio. The WWE has great plans for him, making one of the most over wrestlers in the WWE tap just in his debut. What has Alberto been able to do with all that? A lot, because he gets great heat from the crowd, at least for me the best debuting wrestler this year (second one Daniel Bryan), the great majority of the IWC likes him, his wrestling is entertaining and exotic and his heel character is very convincing showing passion and charisma.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I thought he was in the doghouse over this whole Tiffany thing as well. I'm sure i read somewhere that they were not happy that he didn't report the incident to WWE officials straight away (or something like that). Can't remember where i saw it so might be complete rubbish. Either way he will be fine. It won't hurt him to wrestle on superstars and in any case half the matches on superstars end up being really good because they are given more time.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Chris Masters is the king of Superstars anyway, so I believe McIntyre being on Superstars and beating him is a very good thing. A win's a win.

(...slowly awaits the Chris Masters push that'll never come :()

·
I must away and tend to my ravens
11,236 Posts
No, it's probably better for him to have a reasonably long match on Superstars rather then a short match on Smackdown, long-term it's much more beneficial to him. Superstars isn't a burial ground, there are other reasons for appearing on there, for example, Christian and MVP sometimes work a match there so that they can do a The Peep Show/VIP Lounge later on.

In Drew's case he was able to get a decent enough match on tv and practise working on a limb which will set him in good stead down the line. And let's not forget, Maystrio worked a Superstars match with Tyson Kidd as a tune-up for one of his PPV matches with Punk; 2 months later he was WHC.

·
Offto Club?
1,275 Posts
It's a great sign.

Del Rio went up againt Rey Mysterio, the top baby face of the company (yes incuding Cena). If McIntyre went up againt Rey went he first debuted, he would have gotten the same reaction that Del Rio got.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
it's better than the overkilled Drew/Christian/Matt story.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Del Rio went up againt Rey Mysterio, the top baby face of the company (yes incuding Cena). If McIntyre went up againt Rey went he first debuted, he would have gotten the same reaction that Del Rio got.
The WWE wasn't sure of Drew's mic work skills and charisma, so they didn't want to take the risk of elevating him over a top baby face. Smart move from the WWE.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts