Wrestling Forum banner

Is Hulk Hogan a positive or negative to this company?

1731 Views 30 Replies 24 Participants Last post by  Aya Reiko
Do you think that Hogan is an asset or a liability? Since I am a bitter IWC prick typing from a trailer park I will be the prosecution...

Horrible faction storylines

He brought in some truly loathsome stooges like the Nasty Boys and Bubba The Fat Fuck.

Long, rambling promos that go nowhere. Raisin' the bar, brother!

I think he was a main guy behind the foolhardy Monday Night "War" fiasco

Abyssamania. He should have managed Hernandez. "Hernandez is jacked and polished in the ring, immensely improved in all aspects. Oh yeah, brother! I'm high as a kite on Hernandez! I know, I'll manage this tub of shit garbage wrestler who hasn't been relevant in 4 years!"
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
7,589 Posts
Hulk Hogan being in TNA isn't as such the main problem because his name value does help TNA but where the problem lies is the fact that he is involved in so much of Impact every week he appears which leaves a lot of people without any or very little tv time. In order for Immortal to have been seen as a legitimate main event stable they needed Hulk Hogan but the focus should have been on the wrestler's and not Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff in almost every backstage segment.

One thing i have noticed though is that whenever anything happens that is considered a success we see Hulk Hogan or Eric Bischoff claim the credit but when anything is considered to have been bad then they both claim they are not involved in it. I really believe that Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff see TNA as a vanity project which keeps them relevant in the wrestling industry or so they can get tv time, if they were really in TNA for the long haul and TNA's best interests at heart they would see that what we have seen on a weekly basis since Bound For Glory is unacceptable outside of Fortune.

The amount of money it probably costs to have Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff around on top of Vince Russo is not really value for money in my opinion because in the fourteen months since the trio have been working together TNA has actually gone backwards in my opinion so you have to look at the product that is put out and the money spent. If Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff oversee a complete overhaul of the creative/booking team and cut away the dead wood from the roster so that we see quality over quantity as well as putting out storylines that make sense instead of overbooked and overcomplicated storylines then i will begin to have faith in the Hogan/Bischoff regime but until then i will see their regime as yet another failure by TNA.

· Registered
669 Posts
The positives of Hogan's arrival to TNA are clear. He brings more exposure to the company. TNA has had several opportunities to find their highest ratings ever for Impact. No Hogan means No Bischoff, Anderson, RVD, Flair, Hardys, or Mickie James because Hogan means money for TNA and the stars.

· Registered
4,806 Posts
I think the way TNA has set up the way they are using him is wrong. Bischoff and Hogan are essentially playing the same character and that is the biggest negative of it. But having Hulk Hogan in your wrestling company is a good think. The press around the world of Hogan signing for TNA did more to get TNA noticed than ANY of the marketing TNA has done in the 6 years before hand.

· Banned
1,068 Posts
Hogan is a good thing.

He gives TNA legitimacy.

I like promos too, he's better almost everyone in TNA when it comes to doing a promo.

· Registered
511 Posts
This is simple -

Hulk Hogan as a character and presence in your company = Positive thing

Hulk Hogan as a member of creative or in charge of booking = negative thing

It seems to me like he is trying to take wrestling back to the 70's. Back to the same crap... bring in big guys with no talent.

· Registered
12,961 Posts
This is simple -

Hulk Hogan as a character and presence in your company = Positive thing

Hulk Hogan as a member of creative or in charge of booking = negative thing

It seems to me like he is trying to take wrestling back to the 70's. Back to the same crap... bring in big guys with no talent.
You mean successful booking then. Hogan been in charge of booking for 3 weeks so we can't judge him yet. Big guys in wrestling is always a draw.If you under 5'10 WWE won't even look at you, really if you under 6 feet. Unless it's a unique wrestler like Mistico or someone with connections like Danielson.

Wrestlers are suppose to be cartoon characters. What made Goldberg popular was because he was tough ass,jacked up looking monster who destroy his opponent. You can say the business has change but it really hasn't. Other than Rey Mysterio(who been a draw since 96) and Mistico, you not going to find too many average size and small wrestlers draws from the past 10 years. Cena,HBK,Taker,HHH,Brock,Batista,Orton,Big Show.

Hogan sees that, he's been around Vince Mcmahon. He knows what draws. Sure,TNA is suppose to be the alternative which is fine but that doesn't mean no more big guys. Jim Crockett promotions and WCW was an alternative and their rosters was mostly big guys.

· Registered
2,260 Posts
Hulk Hogan being in TNA isn't as such the main problem because his name value does help TNA but where the problem lies is the fact that he is involved in so much of Impact every week
i stopped reading your post right there. Hogan was on TV once from October to March. since returning, he is usually involved in one opening promo (which have been good/interesting, especially the last week), and then maybe 1 or 2 quick segments backstage. he is not taking so much time from anyone. he's the on-screen "owner" of the company, of course he's going to be on the show.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
He's good thing and cancer, both at the same time.

· Registered
204 Posts
He is a positive, his name alone draws viewers to TNA, and I agree bringing in the Nasty Boys was a negative, I would say that Bubba the Love Sponge was a positive. Who else that has come along in the Hogan era has generated so much heat? No one and with the radio outlet he provided it got TNA known to alot more people. Could of been a major asset and ratings booster if it would of been used properly

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.