Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think Kofi is ready to be moved to main event scene? Should we expect a 2012 with Kofi brought up in the ladder and having matches with Orton (again), Punk, Sheamus, or Cena, or do you think he does not deserve it at all and should be left in mid-card for the rest of his career?

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
He really should be given a main event shot. He is only guy(other than Morrison) I can see having a similar moment to HBK when winning his first world title

·
Breaking kayfabe to get over.
1,377 Posts
I def think Kofi, along with Ziggler, will be in the main event scene starting at some point next year.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,788 Posts
He's ready, but they aren't ready for him. He'd need to be given significantly more direct focus (which they've at least started to with him as one half of Air Boom), and given something like a six month-long, lengthy push through the upper midcard. With Daniel Bryan holding the Smackdown briefcase and probable other contenders for each world championship going into Wrestlemania XXVIII, I hope that Kofi is given something of a "boyhood dream" push going into Wrestlemania XXIX in 2013. He just turned 30 years old, and he's gained a great deal of seasoning over the last two years since the Orton feud, his time should be coming in the next 12-18 months.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Of course, as he is my fellow countryman, as I am from Ghana too, the first ever Ghanaian WWE Champion I love it, or the first ever Ghanaian World Heavyweight Champion

·
Registered
125 Posts
after he changes his tights and stop dancing and hopping all the damn time then....maybe

his current tights look so jobber and the colors look so distastefully meshed together...

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Jeez. The guy's blossoming as a tag team champion with tons of room to grow and a chance to bring importance to a dead division and there's talk of pushing him to the main event? Have some patience.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
It is how the WWE does it. They take midcarders and put them in the main event scene with Cena or Orton for a few months as filler before they get to their big feuds. Since Jeff Jarrett & Chris Jericho in 1999, midcarders have become part of the main event scene...in doses. WWE has made it an artform with how they rotate talent around Orton & Cena to keep the scene fresh despite only having two legitimate main eventers in the company. Miz, then Truth, then Punk, now Henry, soon Kofi, last year Swagger, etc...

·
Registered
826 Posts
That piece of crap is still so green its ridiculous. He gets eliminated from the battle royal from an ankle lock and doesn't even sell the ankle. He's not ready for a main event push and he never will be. Then again, neither will Mark Henry...

·
Dragon Slayer
6,625 Posts
Hes doing good in the mid card. Plus RAWs main event scene already has Punk,Cena,Del Rio, Miz, Rey when he returns and Troof. Kofi would be buried in the main event scene, while he can flourish in the mid card

·
Registered
970 Posts
He could've been promoted to ME when he was feuding with Orton a while back. He did brilliantly with that but unsurprisingly the WWE dropped the ball

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
i would LOVE to see him in the main event scene. only problem is hes a tag champ right now and the only way he could be in the main event is to have him turn on evan bourne turn heel then maybe they will give him a feud with another face. although i would like to see kofi as a face in the main event, but then that would mean bourne turning heel, which is rediculous because he can never pull that off.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I don't think Kingston is nowhere near ready for a main event push. Right now, he isn't good enough to be in the main event, despite having some good spots he is not very good in the ring and he's even worse on the mic. It also seems that WWE are keen to push Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes rather than Kofi.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts