• No

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
The King Of Rants
10,813 Posts
You be surprise how many authority figures can't talk to people, are egotistical and get angry when you criticize them.
In the United States yeah. Pretty uncommon here in Australia. If you're in a position of authority you're usually quite well versed on how to speak to people.

I've seen some really bad American cops that break policy and even break the law because they get angry.

·
Registered
9,146 Posts
Wtf is this? Mean girls WF edition version 3000? Anyways fire is cool as a mod for me. I think he does take things too literal sometimes and quick to the trigger on bans. But overall he seems a decent dude that isn't standoffish as most people with mod duties anywhere. Probably to his own detriment as trolls start picking on him because he is an easy target as a mod. lol

·
14,687 Posts
The Australian government are fucking spineless. I'm way better than the clown's we have in office atleast I can't be bought.

If you're telling me I should be like scomo or McGowan or Gladys then I'm not your guy.

·
Hiding in the shadows
2,208 Posts
Was WWF your home territory back then?
It was in those early years, but then I took to NWA/WCW and rode that back and forth until WCW's demise, with a bit of ECW thrown in there as well. Once WWE took control over the wrestling business, my interest waned, until finding ROH, with TNA not far behind. Early TNA was really something special. ROH and TNA guys all in one place?! Yes please.

Then, I took interest in the independent and international scene. We had a local, but very successful independent promotion, called UWA Hardcore. There, you would see guys from TNA, ROH, CHIKARA, CZW, Japan and Mexico as well as the local guys. Claudio Castagnoli, Chris Hero, Sonjay Dutt, Alex Shelly & Chris Sabin, Tyler Black, Jerry Lynn, Johnny Gargano, BLK Out, Mike Quackenbush, Matt Cross, Delirious, Larry Sweeney, Arik Cannon, etc. Last but certainly not least, both Jushin Liger and Ultimo Dragon on more than one occasion.

I've been in Toronto, Windsor, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Philadelphia, Buffalo, all to see live wrestling. From early Maple Leaf Gardens shows, the Big-Event at Exhibition Stadium, WrestleMania VI at SkyDome, Rhino's first ECW match, New Jack live, Sandman, Sabu, RVD vs Jerry Lynn, WCW's Nitro debut in Toronto, TNA's unofficial/official first national TV taping where Jeff Jarrett defeated Raven for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, Kurt Angle's TNA debut... I could go on and on from where I've been and what I've seen.

Today, I think it's pretty obvious where my interest in pro-wrestling lies, AEW. Much like ROH and TNA fueled my excitement for wrestling back then and away from WWE, with the over-the-top characters and larger than life superstars, it all became goofy and childish as I grew older. I had to seek out something new. It's the same way I feel now for what AEW has done for pro-wrestling, presenting something different than the boring/tired characters and larger than life superstars of WWE. If there was any chance of me coming back to my "home territory", John Cena completely stopped that from happening. I still haven't watched WWE in years.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'm not gonna kiss your ass and/or brown nose you like some others here do, Fire.

It's a hard 'No' from me.

You have proven multiple times that you act too rash and emotional. Or just plain stupid. Whether it's an unjustified ban or you closing a topic you had no right to. But you're still better than Chrome and Clique, if that's any consolidation.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
LOL sometimes it feels everyone is 12 and cant master their puberty feelings. This is a fucking forum and everyone is a stranger (maybe besides the musties), how anyone can actually use their precious time to argue if someone doing a „job“ for free is good or bad is beyond me. This is a forum and no country..some people really need to look in the mirror and check if what they are doing is actually useful…rants really feels like twitter and not in a good way…

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm 53 and have, much to my own surprise while struggling with mental health the past 15 years, made it this far. Barring any physical disability, these next few decades will seem like a piece of cake... or I could get hit by a car tomorrow, so... No need to respect me... I'm old, but not old enough to fall for it, young whipper-snapper.

I've been watching wrestling since I was 12 and written about it when I was 36. The first time I remember seeing wrestling, was Piper hitting Snuka in the head with the coconut. That was it. Wrestling fan 4 Life.

This article was my last PPV review for PWTorch back in 2004.
So you were 12 when you found out about the conjoined twins story AND professional wrestling....very interesting indeed. Maybe you just liked the freakshow 19th century aspect of it all and just fell into pro wrestling!

Reactions: Garty

·
Registered
536 Posts
Also @LifeInCattleClass your thread is at 2k views, I think you need to make another thread saying you are the true draw of RANTS and the undisputed King Emperor.

Reactions: Fringe

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It's an unpaid internet janitor job, ofc he is fit. He might have made a mistake but oh well, no one is perfect.

·
Premium Member
The King Of Rants
10,813 Posts
It's an unpaid internet janitor job, ofc he is fit. He might have made a mistake but oh well, no one is perfect.
You called him an arrogant so and so just a few weeks ago and said he was awful at his gig, lol.

What's changed? He's made two huge mistakes since then.

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Meh… think we’re all over it

lets all go invade that tennis forum and make their mods work hard for a change

·
Registered
536 Posts
Meh… think we’re all over it

lets all go invade that tennis forum and make their mods work hard for a change
Surely you jest my Emperor...we must continue your thread is pure RATINGS GOLD! We cannot show the plebeians that the emperor has no clothes!

·
Registered
14,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Surely you jest my Emperor...we must continue your thread is pure RATINGS GOLD! We cannot show the plebeians that the emperor has no clothes!
nah, i’m fine with not having any clothes

in fact… i prefer it :sneaky:

to the tennis forum!

81 - 100 of 146 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.