Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
:hmm: .... Big pay day and move around in a wheelchair with a straw or don't come out of retirement .... tough choices.

·
Registered
461 Posts
:reigns3

He will literally be paralyzed or die if he takes another bump, he'll never wrestle again.
Exactly. All the money in the world don't matter if you die or spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair. If you were millions in debt I could see why someone might risk it to leave Saudi Money with their family,but dude is financially stable and has young kids who he ain't about to traumitize for a payday no matter how great.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
Re: Is Edge medically cleared ?

I didn't read past this post so apologies if this was corrected but, that's not how injuries to discs in the neck work. They don't magically get better with time. In fact, they get worse with time because your discs naturally degenerate as you get older.
As I said I was just guessing, so thanks for the correction. :D

How would you say he was able to do this move, even though he said he wouldn't a few years ago?

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I hope he never wrestle again. He's in his 40's and he had some serious neck problems. He don't need to comeback. He left the perfect way...with his last match being at WM and him retaining the World title, there is no better ending story than this.

Let him enjoy life.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Re: Is Edge medically cleared ?

As I said I was just guessing, so thanks for the correction. :D

How would you say he was able to do this move, even though he said he wouldn't a few years ago?
He was careful :D . Honestly, I think it's because he can't do falls, bumps, or anything high impact and the spear was determined to be light enough impact with how he did it to be safe.

·
Premium Member
3,541 Posts
Edge retiring was the best thing that happened to wrestling at the time. Mid carder at best that they pushed for no good reason.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
I was surprised and cringing when I saw him do it, since I don't expect him to do that anymore. I don't think he'll ever be medically cleared to wrestle and even if he was cleared, I doubt he'd do it considering there's more risks to be considered. Pretty sure he asked for permission to do that and his spear isn't like how Goldberg does it too.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Yeah, Edge is not cleared. Much as I'd love to see him back for a new run, it can't happen. I'm happier to see him now and then, showing up for special appearances, looking healthy and walking upright.

There were reports after Summerslam stating that the spear was a big discussion point before the fact with Vince and co. Edge is still listed as "No Contact" for his appearances. With his condition, all it takes is one bad twist on impact on any kind, and he's a multimillion dollar lawsuit.

I would actually have preferred him to adjust his delivery of the spear into just running right into Elias, shoulder and arm going right through him, and letting Elias's sell do the work. But seems like it worked out just fine.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts