Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Re: Is Edge medically cleared ?

If Edge takes one bad bump on his neck, there's a possibilty that he could be paralyzed. That's the reason he retired in the first place. It's def not worth the risk.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

It was great to see Edge deliver a Spear, completely caught me off guard, surprised they had it on the pre-show rather than the main show in a way, needed his pyro in his entrance too.

·
Registered
46 Posts

Whatever he is has made me lose respect for him. He took an easy paycheck to bury a current wrestler that will never get put over in return.

He is now up there with Austin, Foley, Hbk, oldberg, and numerous others. Just showing up for an easy check and not giving back.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
Well, some say they have given enough back by putting asses in the seats and money in the boys pockets.

So no one really cares at the end of the day.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts

Whatever he is has made me lose respect for him. He took an easy paycheck to bury a current wrestler that will never get put over in return.

He is now up there with Austin, Foley, Hbk, oldberg, and numerous others. Just showing up for an easy check and not giving back.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk
How about letting Becky railroad him in a promo or Seth assault him to get the authority back in power?

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,097 Posts

He once said he would never do a spear if he wasn’t medically cleared. Do you all think he is? It would be amazing if we got at least one more match from him
Pretty sure the thing Edge has that made him retire is permanent. So no, he's not medically cleared to return. I wish he was, but he's not.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts

It was great to see Edge deliver a Spear, completely caught me off guard, surprised they had it on the pre-show rather than the main show in a way, needed his pyro in his entrance too.

wwe isnt made of money.

Reactions: Paladine

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
What confuses me is he never performed a spear in all these years and suddenly...

My understanding is there isn't levels of being 'cleared', you either are or aren't.

That is to say you can't be clearer for just a spear. I could be wrong.

That being said, it's possible he was cleared but will never compete due to the dangers around it.

Still, very interesting.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
I'm sure his neck is better today than what it was 8 years ago from rehab and not taking bumps night in and night out. Also it's not like it was a super high impact move, Edge's spear is basically a running tackle hug.

·
Registered
918 Posts
He once said he would never do a spear if he wasn’t medically cleared. Do you all think he is? It would be amazing if we got at least one more match from him
Why is it that so many fans want to see someone that hasn't wrestled in years do one more match. Are you really that obsessed with nostalgia.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I'm sure his neck is better today than what it was 8 years ago from rehab and not taking bumps night in and night out. Also it's not like it was a super high impact move, Edge's spear is basically a running tackle hug.
His spear sucked when he was in his prime. Don't see how it can be any better now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I always thought the spear was a totally odd move for Edge to have. He's always been very tall and lanky. Spears only work when you've got absolute beasts doing them. Edge never seemed to fully commit to the move, so it always looked half assed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
538 Posts
I absolutely adored Edge, especially as the Rated R Superstar. Post-Attitude era, he was the single coolest wrestler in the WWE in my teenage eyes. His matches were great, his entrance was badass and he could cut great promos and appeared legitimately awesome. As much as I loved seeing him throughout his career, he is unfortunately done.

I would love to see Edge every now and again, but wrestling is and should remain off the cards for him. When he does pop in though, give him some fucking pyro though!

·
Registered
14,229 Posts
Not worth the risk if the guy can hit a spear every now and again great but he seems happy and settled with a family no point risking long term health imo.
I agree, and a lot more workers and fans both need to start paying more attention to this. :quite

Especially some fans.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts

I don't think so. I'm not a doctor, but he's probably got better with time and successful rehab. There is a difference between doing a low impact move versus taking bumps.

I honestly don't think Edge would come back even if he was medically cleared.
I didn't read past this post so apologies if this was corrected but, that's not how injuries to discs in the neck work. They don't magically get better with time. In fact, they get worse with time because your discs naturally degenerate as you get older.

·
Absolute Scumbag.
4,020 Posts
:reigns3

He will literally be paralyzed or die if he takes another bump, he'll never wrestle again.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts