Wrestling Forum banner

Is Edge above Chris Jericho in your all time great list?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Jericho would be in the top 40 probably but Edge would struggle to make it into my top 50 list, frankly. I'd say why but I'm sure another poster will come up with something.

·
Banned
852 Posts
I don't keep a list or anything, but I don't think either would be in the top 50. Jericho maybe, but Edge was always more notable to me as a tag team competitor.

Reactions: XFace

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I don't hate Edge, and I realize this will come off as more dickish than I want it to sound, but the idea of Edge being higher on the list of greats than Jericho is absurd to me. Jericho was a top guy when WWE's star power was still off the charts. Edge only got his break when the roster was thin. Edge would never have been WHC/WWE championship material when Rock, Austin, Triple H, etc. were still at the peak of their careers.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Fuck no. Strictly personal preference but Jericho is in my top five all-time, while Edge doesn't even rank.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Also I think another important factor is that Jericho was Undisputed Champion during the Attitude Era.
Edge wasn't a main eventer during Attitude Era.
And what Scrotey Loads says is true, Edge wouldn't have been World champion if Rock, Stone Codl and Triple H were still around.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hell no. I don't actually place them that far apart, but if you consider them individually, Jericho is A LOT greater. Edge got initial heat from being a Tag Team Wrestler. Jericho didn't need it. He grew his own persona and made it big when there was a lot of competition in the wrestling industry.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'd say no, but they're both definitely all-time greats, so it's not like it really matters who's a notch above who.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Edge and Jericho are in my personal Top 3. Love Edge to death but Jericho will always be better.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
I'd personally put Edge above Jericho but Edge is my favourite of all time, so yeah. I just enjoyed Edge's character more over the years than I did Jericho's. Although Jericho is one of my favourites as well.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
No, I've always preferred Jericho over him. He's in my top-5 of all time, whereas Edge would be ranked somewhere in my top-20.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Yes. Edge makes my top 10 of all time. Jericho would be in my top 15.

·
Registered
791 Posts
^ And thats a bad move. The "hell no" & "No" option is going to end up splitting the votes and inturn "Yes" option is going to seem as the winning opinion.

·
Banned
882 Posts
My objective list of the greatest:

1. Hulk Hogan
2. 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin
3. 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
4. Bret 'the Hitman' Hart
5. 'Macho Man' Randy Savage
6. The Undertaker
7. Shawn Michaels
8. Chris Benoit