Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Absolutely not. I'd put the 4 Horsemen, the NWO, and others above DX.

They were extremely entertaining, though. The later incarnations of DX after Shawn became Born Again weren't really as entertaining.

·
Registered
10,002 Posts
Early DX was entertaining as hell, HBK, HHH and Chyna. The stuff they did, and the stuff they barley got away with doing was amazing, they were being themselves on camera, and you can tell they weren't holding anything back. Later incarnations of DX were great, the DX Army, DX 2000, HHH & HBK in 2006-2010, but nothing beats the original DX.

·
Registered
340 Posts
hbk, triple h, chyna and Rude version = yes
even when xpac and nao joined it was still a great stable untill they turned face imo. (i must be the only one who doesnt think them spoofing the nation was funny)

heart foundation 97 was very underated and my personal fave(quite an achievment considering they didnt have a single great promo guy apart from pillman who hardly spoke). also i know this will be unpopular but the Ministry also entertained me alot before joining the corporation

·
Banned
864 Posts
To an extent, yes. All the shenanigans with Slaughter, McMahon and, the holy grail, Invading WCW, will be put down as the third funniest thing I've ever seen (Just behind Chris Jericho's man of 1,004 Holds Promo and CM Punk invading Squidward's Privacy)

But once we were at the stage of PG, we couldn't how unfunny these guys were. The whole run they had with Hornswoggle, I think they were putting on fake smiles. No-one wants to be in a run with Hornswoggle. No-one...*

*Except for the trolls on WF that are online at 3am.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts

Best. Shit. Ever. :lmao

Seriously though, I know most people didn't like them but I found DX fucking hilarious. Just take it for what it is and stop yapping about such and such not getting enough tv time lol.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Since that's my quote from another thread the OP is using, let me add the missing context, which is that I was referring to the original DX from '97-98 of HBK, HHH, Chyna, and Rick Rude. The DX Army was OK. All DX after that sucked balls.

But I do stand by my belief that the original group is the most entertaining stable ever. Everything they did was gold. They started the Attitude Era.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I always liked Triple H, Outlaws, X-Pac, and Chyna version as my favorite. The other versions were okay too, until 2006. everything after 2006 completely sucked. Not funny whatsoever, INCLUDING Starbuck's video.

Were they entertaining? Hell yeah, but only until 2006. Then they were the worst and in my opinion, one of the things in pro wrestling I am embarassed to watch with other non wrestling fans because it's easy for them to say "This is why wrestling sucks" and i couldn't disagree.

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
I was always entertained by them, i happen to know the HHH, Chyna, Xpac, NAO version . i never saw the horsemen , and comparing to other stables such as corpotrtion, right to censor, corporate ministry, the ministry of darkness , Evolution etc, all these bored the living fuck out of me , Evlotion i never got to live it cause i stopped watching wrestling, but what i have seen, and how it was build up around HHH , Batista ydayada, it looked like a joke .

·
Registered
878 Posts
Entertainment wise yes, they always got a laugh outta me, and i always looked forward to seeing either Triple H or Shawn Michaels each monday night. but the greatest for me..NWO !

·
ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,284 Posts
No, I never really like them as much as the other big stables around, like the NWO, Nation, Hart Foundation etc.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Looking back, many stuff from 97 to 99 was was horrible, i liked some but mostly they seemed obnoxious, and i found the New Age Outlaws way better, i guess HHH or HBK saw how over they were and made them join. I have to say though DX the third version i found good, cause i found the Backstage skits hilarious.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
-The original DX with Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Chyna and Rick Rude was entertaining.

-The DX Army with Triple H, X-Pac, The Outlaws and Chyna was most definitely entertaining., they was at their absolute best in that stage.

Degeneration-X is no doubt one of the most entertaining, successful factions in the history of professional wrestling. WWF’s DX was the answer to WCW’s NWO.

As for the later Incarnations of Triple H and Shawn Michaels for Degeneration-X? It was HORRIBLE. Triple H continue to think he is one of the funniest men in the business with his 10 year old jokes and you got Shawn Michaels keep leaving a segment that involves half naked women. Hell some women can still be clothed up and he still cover his eyes and squander off.

Degeneration-X was a young gang of rebels who acted and spoke as they pleased, no matter how provocative. Ever since their reunion of 2006, Triple H and Shawn Michaels are hypocrites and become the very same thing that they use to mock back in the day and that is old washed up superstars who never want to leave the spotlight. You got 40 year old men running around like they still fresh and young with a stupid midget and telling children to “Suck it” and doing Crotch chops.

LOL please.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts