Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
If punk returns tomorrow and for whatever reason get a main event with HHH over everyone else , the only Interest that it will spark is that the crowd and the internet will shit all over this match as well as five Punk more heat than Batista got when he won the rumble .

People liked punk because he spoke his mind and said what a lot of people are thinking - that part timers shouldn’t be main eventing , that Wwe sucks and that they should not sideline existing stars over has beens.

You are completely out of your mind if you think that if Punk returns and does everything he himself vilified before - take the top spot over current talents and main events with another has been part timer- that he will be welcomed back or cheered .

Punk will turn from one of the most loved ex stars to the most hated man in a matter of days and Not hated as a character or as a person and rightfully so.
People only feel passionate about that type of stuff when it's someone they like having their spot taken from them, i.e. Daniel Bryan in 2014. There's no one like that today; certainly not Drew, especially considering he'll still be in a championship match, even if it doesn't go on last.

·
Registered
113 Posts
People only feel passionate about that type of stuff when it's someone they like having their spot taken from them, i.e. Daniel Bryan in 2014. There's no one like that today; certainly not Drew, especially considering he'll still be in a championship match, even if it doesn't go on last.
Uhm yes , Punk in the main event sidelines :

Brock ; Drew; The fiend ; Roman ; Becky; Charlotte; Edge; Randy.

All these stars are more deserving of the main event spot than Punk and HHH and all their fans will be pissed for Punk to headline.

If you don’t believe me, make a thread on here asking if CM punks returns tomorrow for a WM main event program with HHH will they welcome him back.

I guarantee you that 99% of the people here will say NO

·
Registered
6,441 Posts

All these stars are more deserving of the main event spot than Punk and HHH and all their fans will be pissed for Punk to headline.

If you don’t believe me, make a thread on here asking if CM punks returns tomorrow for a WM main event program with HHH will they welcome him back.

lol Who gives a shit what 99% of people here say? To say that we're a miniscule part of the fanbase would be an understatement. The (vast) majority of fans wouldn't care because they love Punk so much and would be glad he's back. They wouldn't put up a fus at him stealing the WM main event from of the other talents.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Drew is okay.

Not the worst, not the best.

Vince is notorious for changing his mind. If you think Drew is already written down to go over Lesnar then just look at the Wrestlemania 34 finish. Plans do change when Vince is invested in it.

Drew has already got the Lesnar rub, they might be better off turning it into a 4-way or something.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yes..Just for the singular reason that he is squaring off against Brock, the guy who has been portrayed as this mountain to overcome, the final hurdle so to speak.. I mean come on, otherwise we get Roman in the main event yet again..and we have years of him having highly forgettable, badly thoughtout matches on the main event scene... If you dont try new options, how the hell are you planning to get new stars. The product is already in a rut because you buried everyone else... And Drew, if he wins, is definitely going to get cheered because its a fresh option and people like fresh options and not Roman standing tall for the 100000000th time....

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
I feel like the exact same people complaining about Drew being elevated to this main event spot would be complaining, no matter what the main event was.

There's already just as many people whinging that The Fiend can't be the main event, plus almost everyone deciding that Roman would be universally despised if he got the spot again. Can we not just take a step back from our constant need to whine, and see that WWE have done what we have been asking for, for years?

They have taken a new guy who is already over, and they have pushed him to the main event, creating excitement and adding a fresh face to the mix. They have 2 months to build the feud, and the mania win will be the thing that gets him 100% over, just like it has done for people in the past.

·
Registered
207 Posts
WM isn't going to have a main event this year so it doesn't matter.

There hasn't been an actual main event since Rock/Cena.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Well yeah, the guy is over. Gets constantly positive and loud reactions each week and the crowd loves him, plus he looks like a star so he should 100% get the rub over Lesnar in the main event.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is Drew McIntyre really over enough to Close Wrestlemania Celebrating ?

I feel its a very underwhelming. I mean I understand he has buzz but this spot ??? They are giving it to him. I know hes not getting alots of boo like Roman all those years but I still feel like the people cared about RR more
Nope. There’s a lot they can do before now and then. But he’s not massively over in the way others have been.

·
Registered
22,591 Posts
Well if last night is anything to go by, he certainly seems like he's getting there. The crowd treated him like a big star.

Though if the show is 8 hours again it doesn't really matter what the main event is. The crowd will be to exhausted to care.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Look at Raw's numbers. This dude isn't over by any stretch. He's another flop in the making.

For the first time ever, Mania season numbers are going to be below what they were heading into the Rumble. And this will be the second year in a row there has been no Mania season bump.

Both Drew and the Edge/Orton angles are a complete dud.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Look at Raw's numbers. This dude isn't over by any stretch. He's another flop in the making.

For the first time ever, Mania season numbers are going to be below what they were heading into the Rumble. And this will be the second year in a row there has been no Mania season bump.

Both Drew and the Edge/Orton angles are a complete dud.
I don't think they're duds. My guess is the WWE has turned off its audience for so long that some former viewers just stopped tuning in period. The Edge/Orton stuff is the most exciting feud they've had in a long time. Drew is getting great reactions from the crowd.

- side note: I know a lot of people didn't like the "sexy Scottsman" thing but it got a chuckle out of me.

·
Team AEW
2,782 Posts
I don't know what are some of you people watching. Drew is very over right now and the crowd genuinely cares about what he has to say. The ratings aspect can only change if they actually COMMIT to his push and don't pull the start and stop bullshit with him. The stars aren't made in one week, he's been a nobody for too long, the tv audience needs to get used to him being featured more, only then we'll see if he starts moving numbers. Also, he needs some new merch, it's LONG overdue.

I also don't understand why some say he is a corny babyface or he sucks up to the crowd all of a sudden. He didn't do that, he just thanked people for getting through the blizzard, what's the big deal? Any top babyface did that, Cena and Roman did that, hell Austin did that. Drew is positioned as The Guy, at least for now, so he does what they did. Nothing more than that. I guess when Randy Orton says something like "all the good people of insert town" when he's a babyface, it's fine, and this is not? The sexy Scottsman thing he also was saying before, multiple times. Sometimes he sits on 1 knee while cutting a promo, he does things like this on occasion - it's just his style. Honestly the promo was pretty good and I don't know what are people complaining about here. It was short, emotional and to the point, exactly how it needed to be.

One thing I'd like for them to change is I'd want them to actually book him in competitive matches again. Squashes are fine at the beginning, but the guy needs to have longer matches, because if they're gonna make him a main eventer, the crowd needs to get used to him being in longer matches, plus he needs the experience in storytelling.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,822 Posts
my prediction honestly is that the match opens the show and brock wins.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts