Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is Dolph Ziggler a jobber?

IF SO...Why?

Don't understand it, sometimes I don't understand the climate of the WWE as a hole. Why are the best workers buried and disrespected? He's put his time in and deserves some limelight.

I could understand a guy like Rusev being buried a two-bit curtain jerker I could see. Hes like nikolai volkoff-lite.

But ZIGGLER??!? Why is he jobbing, he should bow to NO ONE. Shinsuke Nakamura????? COME ON REALLY?

How can i take this guy seriously as a main eventer? Prove yourself in the states first.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, Ziggler isn't a jobber, he just sells everything so well he can look anyone look good. Because of that, they use him as a stepping stone to make other guys look good... which makes Ziggler appear to be a jobber.

Now I hadn't thought about it that way. but if he's SO skilled and talented to convince even me that he's a jobber why isn't he a bigger star. They keep rolling out these awful stars and they have a guy like this ready and waiting in the stable.

I wish the WWE polled us fans more often on how we would like to see the story develop and grow. More fan interaction and more outdoor matches. and not in some BS NFL stadium I'd like matches in like town centers and rodeo places.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No he's just putting others over.

So why is there an additional step between Jobber and Star. Is he a "Put over" should we develop a name for that. "Pushies" "Over-Men"

If that is the case I don't think Dolphie should be a pushie. Hes a star. let him beat Cena fair and square.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Now I hadn't thought about it that way. but if he's SO skilled and talented to convince even me that he's a jobber why isn't he a bigger star. They keep rolling out these awful stars and they have a guy like this ready and waiting in the stable.

I wish the WWE polled us fans more often on how we would like to see the story develop and grow. More fan interaction and more outdoor matches. and not in some BS NFL stadium I'd like matches in like town centers and rodeo places.
He's won Money in the bank, he cashed it in and won the World Title, He's held the World title twice... that's a lot more than some of the biggest stars in the business have. I just think it comes down to dollars, he doesn't sell enough merchandise for them to continue to give him a Championship push, but he is a good enough worker that they can keep teasing him as a top star that is a road block for new guys to get to the upper echelon of the WWE.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
He's won Money in the bank, he cashed it in and won the World Title, He's held the World title twice... that's a lot more than some of the biggest stars in the business have. I just think it comes down to dollars, he doesn't sell enough merchandise for them to continue to give him a Championship push, but he is a good enough worker that they can keep teasing him as a top star that is a road block for new guys to get to the upper echelon of the WWE.

But he's never held the intercontinental title and everyone knows thats the big one. All the true stars have worn that belt.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
He's not really a jobber, more of a midcard enhancement talent. He will win matches, which jobbers pretty much never do, but he'll never win any big matches, he'll always put the other guy over when it comes to it.

He used to be more than that, but a combination of WWE refusing to pull the trigger on him and his character falling off a cliff has pretty much led to his standstill.

But he's never held the intercontinental title and everyone knows tha'ts the big one. All the true stars have worn that belt.
Don't know if i'm missing sarcasm here, if so i apologise, but he's a 5 time IC champ, and he held the belt as recently as October...

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
But he's never held the intercontinental title and everyone knows tha'ts the big one. All the true stars have worn that belt.
He was the Intercontinental Champion. I think the only title he hasn't held was the Tag Team Championship.

Edit: He was a Tag Team Champion when he was part of the Spirit Squad.

World Wrestling Entertainment
World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
World Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with the Spirit Squad
WWE Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
WWE United States Championship (1 time)
Twenty Second Triple Crown Champion

http://prowrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Dolph_Ziggler

Money in the Bank winner, and also won a Survivor Series match.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know if i'm missing sarcasm here said:
HELD? HELD?! HELD?!?!?!?!? Anyone with a half a wit knows the Honkey-Tonk man held the title for a record time. There is a major difference between having and holding a title in this game buster.

By the way

a cup of coffee with the IC belt doesn't mean you've "held" anything.

·
Banned
32 Posts
Dolph Ziggler is a jobber. Just because you win a few matches here and there it doesn't make you a non jobber. He's a jobber because he loses all the time I mean look at his Pay Per view record it's horrendous. He lost to Apollo and Kalisto for goodness sake. If the WWE really took him seriously he wouldn't be losing this much; and I don't understand this praise for Dolph Ziggler he's a bland worker and a bland promo cutter. What in the ring does he do good? A drop kick, a DDT? Hell half the time he botches the fameasser. The guy has never cut a memorable promo in his life despite being on the screen for 10 fucking years. His "shoot" promo made him look like a child not a credible bad ass wrestler, it just sounded like a kid on YouTube complaining that he doesn't get views on his videos. No voice, no cool facial expressions, no character, no gimmick, no nothing, he's garbage. And don't tell me being a showoff is a character, I mean what does that even mean? Every wrestler is suppose to be a showoff. Another thing a lot of people elude to while talking about Ziggler is that he's such a hard worker I DON'T CARE EVERY WRESTLER WORKS HARD IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DESERVE TO BE IN THE MAIN EVENT. The main even wrestler is suppose to be the most entertaining part of the show and he is suppose to look like a big deal. Ziggler does not look like a big deal he looks like a fag. Sure so did Shawn Michaels but at least he had character, charisma, and he looked pretty jacked for his size.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dolph Ziggler is a jobber. Just because you win a few matches here and there it doesn't make you a non jobber. He's a jobber because he loses all the time I mean look at his Pay Per view record it's horrendous. He lost to Apollo and Kalisto for goodness sake. If the WWE really took him seriously he wouldn't be losing this much; and I don't understand this praise for Dolph Ziggler he's a bland worker and a bland promo cutter. What in the ring does he do good? A drop kick, a DDT? Hell half the time he botches the fameasser. The guy has never cut a memorable promo in his life despite being on the screen for 10 fucking years. His "shoot" promo made him look like a child not a credible bad ass wrestler, it just sounded like a kid on YouTube complaining that he doesn't get views on his videos. No voice, no cool facial expressions, no character, no gimmick, no nothing, he's garbage. And don't tell me being a showoff is a character, I mean what does that even mean? Every wrestler is suppose to be a showoff. Another thing a lot of people elude to while talking about Ziggler is that he's such a hard worker I DON'T CARE EVERY WRESTLER WORKS HARD IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU DESERVE TO BE IN THE MAIN EVENT. The main even wrestler is suppose to be the most entertaining part of the show and he is suppose to look like a big deal. Ziggler does not look like a big deal he looks like a fag. Sure so did Shawn Michaels but at least he had character, charisma, and he looked pretty jacked for his size.

WRONG

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
HELD? HELD?! HELD?!?!?!?!? Anyone with a half a wit knows the Honkey-Tonk man held the title for a record time. There is a major difference between having and holding a title in this game buster.

By the way

a cup of coffee with the IC belt doesn't mean you've "held" anything.
You said he never held the title... he held it FIVE times.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
a glorified, supremely talented, perhaps the best seller in the entire business .. jobber

yes, he is

but in the grandest scheme of things.. Zigg is in a class all his own and cannot just be called, "a jobber"

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You said he never held the title... he held it FIVE times.

Please see there is a difference in having and holding the title. Honky Tonk man HELD the title.

There's been some good opinions on this thread but not understand this difference between having and holding is pretty serious.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
a glorified, supremely talented, perhaps the best seller in the entire business .. jobber

yes, he is

but in the grandest scheme of things.. Zigg is in a class all his own and cannot just be called, "a jobber"

YES! I could not agree more. You sir get it. I wish there wern't so many jobbers on this post TBH.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts