Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This may be an unpopular opinion but I personally think that all Ziggler needs to be a credible world champion is a slight change in character. I think people are sick of him and don't see him as legit because of the way he has been treated. Dolph gets a WWE championship title match seemingly once a year, and nobody ever actually believes they will make him champ so they don't get invested. If he switched up his look a little, changed his music and they gave him a slight gimmick change i think that's all that would be needed for people to get behind him as champ. He is great in the ring and he's a decent talker who can seemingly get a decent match out of anyone.

Or am I the only one? 馃槀

Registered
I agree to an extent. I remember there was talk a while ago of him doing the stable with a group of guys with an amateur background. I鈥檓 not sure where it came from, but I would have gone with that even if just on his own. The problem is they have way over played Ziggler teasing retirement, going away, complaining about not being used properly etc then he goes back to being the prime guy they go to get a match out of someone. I鈥檓 not sure if a gimmick change is enough now to bump him up to that level but there鈥檚 no harm giving it a go with their lack of guys on Raw.

rasslin
He was satisfied with being a midcarder with nothing going on when he re-signed with WWE. Its far too late for him now. Hes 40 years old and has had the same look and gimmick for more than 10 years.

He has done nothing since the 2014 Sruvivor Series that would ever make me think hes capable of being a main eventer.

Registered
Too late for him, he's way too exposed and has never been an actual main-event star in his entire career. No one will be buy him as a credible world champ at this stage in his career.

Registered
I don't think a guy like Ziggler would ever be booked as a credible champion. That's just not how WWE see him. Similar thing to Christian, he was booked as one of the most chicken shit champion heels in history.

It doesn't mean that Ziggler can't still be a World Champion again, there's always room for chicken shit heel World Champions.

The Babyface of WF
Ziggler is someone who can provide a temporary challenge to the Main Event level talent doesn't mean he should win the World Title, He's never going to be positioned as a viable candidate for the two Top Titles in the company, He won the World Heavyweight Championship when it was a permanent B Title that Midcarders were qualified for but now neither of them are treated any less important besides whichever Title Brock Lesnar is holding.

Registered
He needed to change his name and look a long time ago if he ever wanted to be a top guy. It never happened. That ship has sailed.

Registered
Too late for him, he's way too exposed and has never been an actual main-event star in his entire career. No one will be buy him as a credible world champ at this stage in his career.
I'm afraid this. He's entered into the same bracket as The Miz for me; guys that will never seem like credible main eventers anymore. He's been too goofy and soft for a while now that no gimmick change or music change will help. Which is a damn shame considering he broke away from the Spirit Squad nonsense and became established early on.

it's a tarp!
I think if Dolph beat every guy on the roster 3 times convincingly consecutively for the next year, in a years time he would be a credible contender.

Crap wrestler, but title contender.

Registered
A change in character may help him pull it off, you're right. In my honest opinion though, his chances have been and gone. He will always be the guy who had some potential, but just got wasted beyond economic repair. I have no interest in seeing him as a World Champion at this point. If this were 2012, maybe...

Waiting for Kawato
I feel like anyone can be rehabbed if you properly put the work in, but that obviously isn't happening here, so yes, he has been for years.

Registered
The guy has one of the most ridiculous names ive ever heard in wrestling. I was kinda watching around the time he debuted introducing himself to people and smiling and thought he was just a jobber that would get released within a year or less. Much to my surprise, he stuck around for a while.

Registered
I've always liked Dolph Ziggler and enjoy watching him, i would love it if he ever became WWE Champion but whenever he gets hot WWE freak out and tone him down. I do think he could actually work as a heel main event champion. He's reliable and always get a random world championship shot at a PPV every now and then so that has to say something.

Registered
Dolph Jobber was past being a credible champ a very long time ago. If he ever was at all, that's up for debate.

Registered
His injury history isn't helping his situation at all... at the time he was champ he was over with fans, but that time is up.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts