Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,446 Posts
Way too early too tell. His stint on the main roster has shown NOTHING as far as character goes (much like the rest of The Shield). I don't care what he did in FCW or the Indy's since that means nothing to his character on the main roster (and it's certainly not indicative of how WWE will use him). His attitude isn't really that much different than most heels on the roster (apart from some goofy mannerisms here and there). Sure, he may have the potential to be, he may have shown that he can be that kind of character, but his position right now and his actions up until now have not proven in any way, shape or form that he's going to be the next big anti-authority figure. That's not a knock on Dean's abilities, but in terms of kayfabe (and knowing that in WWE, you should never assume a guy is going to be the next anything), I have no reason to believe he's going to be a huge name like Austin/Punk anymore than I should think Rollins or Reigns or anyone else on the roster would be.

·
Registered
10,028 Posts
Yep.

Ambrose = Punk
Reigns = Batista
Rollins = Jeff Hardy

·
Doing it for the Rock
530 Posts
Way too early too tell. His stint on the main roster has shown NOTHING as far as character goes (much like the rest of The Shield). I don't care what he did in FCW or the Indy's since that means nothing to his character on the main roster (and it's certainly not indicative of how WWE will use him). His attitude isn't really that much different than most heels on the roster (apart from some goofy mannerisms here and there). Sure, he may have the potential to be, he may have shown that he can be that kind of character, but his position right now and his actions up until now have not proven in any way, shape or form that he's going to be the next big anti-authority figure. That's not a knock on Dean's abilities, but in terms of kayfabe (and knowing that in WWE, you should never assume a guy is going to be the next anything), I have no reason to believe he's going to be a huge name like Austin/Punk anymore than I should think Rollins or Reigns or anyone else on the roster would be.
First three sentences says it all.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
I don't see how you can compare Ambrose to anything other than a generic heel who sometimes makes funny faces when he's selling. He hasn't really had a chance to even display who is.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
No, not at all. Deanne Amber Rose plays a psychotic "no fucks to give" type of heel. He wouldn't be against the boss (unless they're a face), he'd be with them; reigning terror upon all foes for both his pleasure and his gain.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,622 Posts
Everyone always has to be the next someone don't they. It's impossible for a wrestler in today's era to work in WWE without someone saying "oh he's going to be the next someone". Just goes to show how stuck in the past we can be.

·
Registered
373 Posts
No, not at all. Deanne Amber Rose plays a psychotic "no fucks to give" type of heel. He wouldn't be against the boss (unless they're a face), he'd be with them; reigning terror upon all foes for both his pleasure and his gain.
Erm that's exactly what Stone Cold played, except he was a *******, while Ambrose riffs off the Joker and being a bit mad. Stone Cold channel his 'no fucks' into chasing the title, Ambrose could do the same thing for the chaos it'd cause. Of course we're talking 2014/5 here, he might unify the mid card titles or something before Wrestlemania but he's not getting near the main event guys.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts