Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
According to every "report" concerning this topic, it has been said that just about everyone in the locker room is effusive of his talents, noting that he is an all-out brilliant wrestler and one of the great "gets" the WWE has snatched up in the past few years for sheer in-ring talent. He's also philosophically old-school and grounded, with a keen eye to honoring tradition and the past, and WWE loves that attitude.

Reactions: ESPNNYC1

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
What makes you think we know? But I suppose he is well liked, I mean who else can choke a ring announcer, spit on Cena and still be employed :p

·
Harley's Circus
2,565 Posts
No one knows but he hangs out with Sheamus and Willain Regal so hes probably one of "those guys" backstage.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
If he wasn't why would he be featured weekly, usually going over? Not to mention why would they bring him back?

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Skip to about 5:20 in this video and watch C.M. Punk and William Regal's faces in this video when the Miz asks him if he really thinks he's better than him!

Their faces tell the whole story. He's completely respected and well-liked by the guys that "get it".

·
Banned
681 Posts
What makes you think we know? But I suppose he is well liked, I mean who else can choke a ring announcer, spit on Cena and still be employed :p
But anyways i would think he is, he is a Champion and if he wasnt he would be on Superstars every week putting Chavo or someone over

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Right after Danielson was brought back there were a few reports going around that some of the bigger stars in the company went to bat for him so I'd assume he has a lot of supporters. Surely there are some people that have been with the company longer and are jealous of the success he's had this early in his career but most of the time we hear that he's a respectful, hard-working guy that just goes about his business.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I think he would be. He seems pretty chilled back even though he is in character.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
i imagine he has one of those attitudes that makes him impossible to hate. Obviously not everyone will like him as that is impossible but as long as VKM, HHH or John Laurinitis likes him he'll continue to be on tv.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
That was a legit and spontaneous reaction from 2 guys who have known Bryan from the very beginning!

2 heels would never agree with the babyface in that way! At least as far as kayfabe goes.
also get over it it was scripted to go that way on television. Heels mock other people its what heels do. They could believe it aswell but it happened on tv because it was scripted to do so.

·
Registered
50 Posts
After what he pulled at the last Raw with the Bella twins, who wouldn't like him? Seriously though, he just has a "nice-guy" aura to him, but I wouldn't know.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Also he got his start as one of Shawn Michael's students. I'm sure being one of Shawn's boys counts for alot...look at how many doors kept being opened for Lance Cade..

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Also he got his start as one of Shawn Michael's students. I'm sure being one of Shawn's boys counts for alot...look at how many doors kept being opened for Lance Cade..
William Regal was the guy that really, really trained him, though. Along with Tracy Smothers.

That's why Daniel Bryan's style is so similar to Regal's.

Like C.M. Punk said on Raw a couple weeks ago. Shawn Michaels took Punk's money, but William Regal was the one who was actually working with him.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts