Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are there separate rosters anymore anyways? I don't think wwe.com lists the superstars and divas under specific shows anymore.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
They do, but you have to go and look for it. The brand split is pretty much just for house show tours now, but I believe Bryan is still a Smackdown guy. Much like Jericho is a Raw guy competing for the World title and is a Smackdown guy. Kane bounces around towards every show too.

·
Asuka
96,572 Posts
Unless the commentators mention it like they did with Del Rio, assume he's still on SmackDown, and Jericho is still on Raw, for that matter. They could just be rotating spots to create fresh, filler feuds.

·
SGT. AT ARMS
18,515 Posts
Smackdown superstars appear on Raw every week now, the whole SD roster is a part of Raw. Thats why there wasn't a draft this year, because basically everyone is already on Raw with the supershow.

·
Banned
283 Posts
i dont think so, hes still a smackdown star right.? besides bryan is just a filler right now for cm punk i feel the wwe has bigger plans for lord tensai vs cm punk. after OTL bryan will lose and will go back to smackdown to the mid-cards where he belongs. daniel bryan jus isnt a main eventer.

·
Banned
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But he has Main Evented Raw along with punk plenty of times. SD superstars dont main event RAW.

I think he is part of RAW from now on and its good for him.

·
Banned
283 Posts
But he has Main Evented Raw along with punk plenty of times. SD superstars dont main event RAW.

I think he is part of RAW from now on and its good for him.

please tell me when cm punk and bryan have main evented together? those times when they were both champs? going 1 o 1 @ the beginning of the 2nd hour of Raw? thats not main eventing. plus last week it was punk vs tensai. bryan was jus a filler so he main evented on a technicality. bryan and punk jus are not main eventers.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
It doesn't really matter. The brand extension has been dead since the invention of the RAW Supershow and the fact that we got not official draft like we usually do was the WWE's discrete yet official way of telling us the brand extension is effectively dead.

·
Glory Glory Man Utd
8,780 Posts
Seems like they have traded Bryan with Jericho. Doesn't really matter as the shows stars interchange, what brand is Brodus Clay on?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
WWE doesn't want to officially end the split because of the money made with two house show schedules but it's unofficially over. A Raw guy is in the WHC match, and a Smackdown guy is in the WWE title match.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
He's been showing up on Raw every week for several months now.

·
Banned
71 Posts
The brand extension seems to be pretty much over nowadays. The reason they did this back in 2002 was because after the acquisition of WCW the size of the WWE roster was doubled. The roster in 2012 is very thin.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
In 2002, they had Austin lead Raw. They had Rock lead Smackdown. They was able to get away with more back then.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
Well no he's on both RAW and Smackdown for different reasons. He's the only wrestler in the company to have two ongoing storylines.

ON RAW, Daniel Bryan is feuding with CM Punk for the WWE title

On Smackdown Daniel Bryan is feuding with AJ Lee for entertainment

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I think he is going to become a RAW Superstar down the line. Imo the reason for moving him to RAW is to get him away from Sheamus in order to keep Sheamus from getting booed all the time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The brand extension seems to be pretty much over nowadays. The reason they did this back in 2002 was because after the acquisition of WCW the size of the WWE roster was doubled. The roster in 2012 is very thin.
This.

I was thinking earlier that the roster is really limited nowadays and ofc this doesn't really help the WWE's current issues.

Yeah the brand extension is more relevant for house shows. I guess SD obey it a little more than Raw since Raw became the Supershow but it is still not really a split any more. It is better like that anyway imo.

·
Premium Member
44,386 Posts
Psst, there are no separate rosters anymore. Raw = A Show that features top talent every week, Smackdown = B show that uses some of them while also serving as a farm system to introduce new talents to the show. That's it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts