Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason that I ask this question is when he returned on Monday he owned Cole. On some of the occasions that he has returned he owned coach............. Thoughts?????

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I've actually been thinking about this also but no. Coach was 100x better than Cole and I'd take him over Cole anyday.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I agree with you but tbh, I think thats the way WWE will go they will make sure that Cole and Rock have an angle

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
He = The Rock. Know your role.

To answer your question, The Rock does always pick on the geeky heel commentator/backstage interview. So in that respect, yes, Cole has been the new Coach for a while now.

·
Banned
266 Posts
Will Darren Young become the next Bam Neilly?I don't know but it would be epic.

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
Look, far be it from me to trample over nostalgia. Hell, far be it from me to come even remotely close to defending the way WWE are pushing Cole as a bigger heel than anyone else in the company. But, seriously, we're talking about missing Coach now? Coach? He was somewhere between poor and almost adequate at everything apart from being abused. Don't get me wrong, that makes him useful for getting the face he's interviewing a cheap pop, but he's nothing you should be missing.

Anyone remember his work at the commentary table? Anyone remember the multiple matches we were forced to sit through his participation in? Anyone remember how badly it went every time he had to be around as more than the barely noticeable butt of someone else's jokes? At least Cole being overused has an upside. Somebody has to put The fucking Miz over and get the poor bastard the chance at some heat, because no one else is making the WWE Champion sound credible.

Cole isn't the new Coach, he's the new Vickie Guerrero. He's not the character who's only relevant when he's being abused by the face; he's the guy who's relevant anyway. He's the guy who, instead of being a fast track to a cheap pop, has the kind of lasting heat that can actually benefit both the heels he helps and the faces that insult him.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The reason that I ask this question is when he returned on Monday he owned Cole. On some of the occasions that he has returned he owned coach............. Thoughts?????
Well, he's already hated for all the wrong reasons, so yeah.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Look, far be it from me to trample over nostalgia. Hell, far be it from me to come even remotely close to defending the way WWE are pushing Cole as a bigger heel than anyone else in the company. But, seriously, we're talking about missing Coach now? Coach? He was somewhere between poor and almost adequate at everything apart from being abused. Don't get me wrong, that makes him useful for getting the face he's interviewing a cheap pop, but he's nothing you should be missing.

Anyone remember his work at the commentary table? Anyone remember the multiple matches we were forced to sit through his participation in? Anyone remember how badly it went every time he had to be around as more than the barely noticeable butt of someone else's jokes? At least Cole being overused has an upside. Somebody has to put The fucking Miz over and get the poor bastard the chance at some heat, because no one else is making the WWE Champion sound credible.

Cole isn't the new Coach, he's the new Vickie Guerrero. He's not the character who's only relevant when he's being abused by the face; he's the guy who's relevant anyway. He's the guy who, instead of being a fast track to a cheap pop, has the kind of lasting heat that can actually benefit both the heels he helps and the faces that insult him.
THIS!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Neither are good for anything except getting bagged out
The fact that Cole still has a job is beyond me

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
compelling argument
Well, Cole is a great heel. He is funny, entertaining, he plays his gimmick to perfection, and he gets a lot of boos. The coach was all right too, but nothing like Cole.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts