1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Poll.

I Dont think he is.

He is not a great worker.
His promos are highly overrated around here. He doesnt seem like a natural talker on the mic.

His delivery on the mic while it is really good hasnt changed for what like 6 months now??

Its like its the only way he knows to do it. Can he be funny on the mic?? ever?

Just Wondering.

·
-
7,495 Posts
Yes. He has good in-ring skills, good mic skills and has charisma(I guess). The only thing lacking is his looks. He's way too skiinny.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
He's a great talker , he's a good ringworker.

But i'm getting sick of him and his mask ,that gimmick is dead. His Dashing gimmick was way better and the path to his new gimmick was okay and promise some good things and it worked for a short while.

He needs to be Dashing again. That was a way better gimmick.
And yeah he looks skinny.

I voted yes , but he isn't ready he still needs some more time to develope his gimmick.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
He needs some focus on building some more muscles and improve his ring work!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Absolutely. For Wrestlemania 29. In 1.5-2 years he will make it.Very good in the ring,fantastic in the ring,charismatic just does not have the look & the size.

But size & look mean shit to me. I dont want a talented superstar to be stuck in the mid-card because he is not a 7 feet 350 pound guy.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I think Cody is great; smooth in ring, good mic skills, good ability to make his gimmick good. I definitely think he should evolve his gimmick further though, because this has got a bit stale.

One of the reasons he looks skinny is because he doesn't wear knee pads or arm pads. He looks so naked in the ring, like a young skinny guy wearing just his underwear and looking in the mirror to see if he looks like a wrestler.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Great in-ring worker- one of the best out of the young bunch.

Great talker- one of the best out of the young bunch.

Charismatic.

But he's only 26. He's got years ahead of him and more than enough time to keep developing as a performer. Three, four, five years from now, I have a feeling he'll be one of the top main eventers, just like he should be. But for now, there's no rush. Just have him develop in the midcard and find a persona that truly works for him. There is really no hurry.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Watching him in the match with Orton made me realize that he shouldn't be in the main event; at least not any time soon

If he is going to be a credible champion/title contender, dude is going to need to put on some weight. Watching the match, i found it hard to believe that Cody could really beat Orton. In order for him to be a credible champion, he's going to need a lackey/bodyguard type guy to help him win matches. They should have let him stay win Ted

·
#JeterFarewellTour
1,278 Posts
Without any doubt in my mind I think so. He has all the intangibles it would take to become a main eventer. If there's anything he needs to do, it would be, like a few people have said, put on some muscle. But that alone shouldn't keep him from the main event imo. Give him a lengthy IC title reign and go from there.

BTW, it's not surprising that someone who thinks Bill Goldberg is the GOAT wouldn't think that Rhodes is main event talent. If you really think Goldberg has any talent, you really don't know what talent is now do you?

·
Banned
2,045 Posts
First thing he needs to do is 'bag" the bag gimmick. Even he said in an interview last week that it got the reverse effect he wanted as now people wanna be 'bagged' so they can get on tv. Didnt I say that when he first started doing that gimmick? Yes.

Two is get kneepads to cover those chicken legs. Please. Third is lose the mask. Its not over plus if hes so scarred why is he wearing a transparent mask? Jeez.

But yes hes very talented and will only get better by facing guys like Orton and Bryan.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
First thing he needs to do is 'bag" the bag gimmick. Even he said in an interview last week that it got the reverse effect he wanted as now people wanna be 'bagged' so they can get on tv. Didnt I say that when he first started doing that gimmick? Yes.

Two is get kneepads to cover those chicken legs. Please. Third is lose the mask. Its not over plus if hes so scarred why is he wearing a transparent mask? Jeez.
But yes hes very talented and will only get better by facing guys like Orton and Bryan.
He's already had that look in the past and nobody gave a flying fuck about him he was just CAWdy Rhodes.

I do agree he needs to evolve his gimmick slightly though, maybe put more emphasis on his love on hurting people then other peoples ugliness. Give him a bodyguard too, maybe Brodus Clay?

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Anyone could be main event material. All it requires it being booked for the main event. As for whether I see it as a possibility in the future, not with his current gimmick. However, his chances greatly increase of getting main event opportunities beause of the shallow Smackdown roster. He's likely next in line for the WHC. If he was on Raw, it would be a different story.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Yes, he is. Mic skills - checked, talking - checked, personality - appealing, but it's true that he lacks charisma and presence, but he's not completely without those things.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts