Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Cody Rhodes a future world champion? I think so. He has in-ring ability, excellent mic skills, and cuts good promos. He has the right look to be the face of the company for many years to come. I'm not quite sure if I'm sold on the "Dashing" gimmick, but his beauty tip segments are hilarious and draw a lot of heat. He is one of the fastest rising stars in the WWE at only 25 years of age and he is over as a heel. He will most likely win the Intercontinental title in the near future, and hopefully win next year's Money in the Bank contract catapulting him into a main event role. What do all of you think?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
no he is a mid carder at best he is decent in the ring and on the mic his problem is his look if he had DiBiases look then i would say yes .

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I actually think he is. He's good on the mic, he's good in the ring, and he gets heat. He definitely has a chance.

·
¡GOLDADO!
2,309 Posts
Is Cody Rhodes a future world champion? I think so. He has in-ring ability, excellent mic skills, and cuts good promos. He has the right look to be the face of the company for many years to come. I'm not quite sure if I'm sold on the "Dashing" gimmick, but his beauty tip segments are hilarious and draw a lot of heat. He is one of the fastest rising stars in the WWE at only 25 years of age and he is over as a heel. He will most likely win the Intercontinental title in the near future, and hopefully win next year's Money in the Bank contract catapulting him into a main event role. What do all of you think?
Looks like a "Dashing" Rachel multi to me :hmm:

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
It's very early to tell, he's only 25, far away from his prime years. Anything could happen, but if you want my opinion, I would say that it's not very likely. There's nothing special about him and he doesn't have the look of a world champion. With the route that he's going, anyway, if he does end up as a future world champion, it is a very, very long time in the future.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I'm with OP on this one, Rhodes could absolutely be a future world champion.

Will it happen with in the next 2 years? Probably not. But as OP said he is only 25 but is over as a heel, if Rhodes continues to improve over the next few years I could easily see him as a World Champion, but not for a long time.

·
Registered
241 Posts
He's good on the mic but like most wrestlers now hemmed in by the limitations of the writing. Still, his promo on Fat Hardy was terrific. He was a real confidence on the mic that most of the young guys don't have. Really on Barrett compares in that regard (of they young guys).

Heavyweight champion? No, he's too small really and with nothing special about him to overcome that. He just doesn't look very threatening in the ring.

I can't see him progressing beyond the midcard - although he could remain a staple there for years to come if he wants it.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Wasn't the plan for Wrestlemania's MITB or the PPV MITB to have Cody win the briefcase?

I'd love to see this guy with the IC Title, as for WHC or WWE, I don't think just yet.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Absolutely. Cody Rhodes is gold on the mic, his in ring work is entertaining to watch, and he is overflowing with confidence and potential. He's also a heat magnet right now. I'm excited to see where he goes with his career.

·
Registered
330 Posts
From what I have seen from Cody Rhodes till now he isn't anywhere near a world title.Unless he improves drastically he won't be a champion ever.But like the OP said he is very young and maybe, just maybe he may become a champ in say 5-6 years

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I think he is a future world champion. He's only 25 and his best days are still ahead of him too. He's got a good look, he's good in ring, he's good on the mic, he's got a good character, he's charasmatic. I could definatly see him as a world champion a couple of years in the future.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
I don't know. He's certainly got a solid run of midcard titles in his future. Whether he'll be pushed beyond that, I don't know, but I think he could make a good main eventer. Plus, it'd be a great visual for him to check his reflection in the World Heavyweight title.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Wasn't the plan for Wrestlemania's MITB or the PPV MITB to have Cody win the briefcase?

I'd love to see this guy with the IC Title, as for WHC or WWE, I don't think just yet.
It was the MITB PPV. He faced Orton and DiBiase at WM.

And yes, I do. He's still young, so he has a great chance to, considering he's already pretty over.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yes he is.Its a sure-shot.He has got a 100% chance in my book.I'll go one step furthur & say nothing can stop him from being a WORLD CHAMPION.

SON of a LEGEND( big adv. specially cz Dusty is still connected with FCW & WWE)
Vince doesnt have any huge hatred towards him or his character
Cena & Orton (the guys who would be the two most influential guys in the next 10 years) like him.

He is great with the mic
Good in the ring
Has charisma & can play his gimmick quite well & is working hard to get a decent look.

HE IS A SURE SHOT IMO.He needs one mid-card IC reign to establish himself.

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Until he ditches this 'Dashing' persona, I just can't see it happening.
and then we complain that main eventers dont have a personality
Thats the biggest mistake the WWE can do. Look what it did to Swagger......
He is unique let him keep his silly gimmick and run with it, he makes it work.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts