Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Orton goes to AEW, would he be booked as bigger than Cody or vice versa? I know in WWE, Cody was clearly a level (or two) below Randy and was his lackey in Legacy. Then during their feud, Randy won most of their matches. Has the tables turned since Cody left WWE? Is he a bigger deal than Orton now?

·
Used to be a Dreamer, Dreamin' of a Fire
6,076 Posts
Nah, he's not even close. Randy Orton could go over Brock Lesnar, Cain Velasquez, Seth Rollins and be presented as the FOTC starting tomorrow and most people don't bat an eye.

Cody would need some type of build up and reintroduction before he was anywhere near that level.

Personally I think Cody is BETTER than Orton at the moment and he's more relevant at the moment. In the same way that Future is more relevant than 2Pac. But nah he's not more famous

·
KNEE DA PEOPLE
2,406 Posts
Not yet - I'd say you could book either man to win and no-one would criticise the winner if they had a match.
If Orton ends up in AEW, it's a great storyline to play with a heel Orton reminding Cody "who made him" etc.

·
Registered
15,662 Posts
Yes and No. Hes a bigger deal now than Orton for sure. More fresh and hes a good talent. His match vs his brother really showed me hes legit. Now....Not sure if hes more known than Randy...i doubt it. But Cody has given his character a way more legit and serious persona, it's a much more main event appeal than Stardust

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not an Orton fan but he isn't even close to being bigger. Nowhere near. I do like what he is doing in aew as he was pretty dull in wwe. That rodes bros match was best one iv seen in years.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Well he can book himself however he wants in AEW.

Is he actually bigger than Orton now? No and will likely never be. He will certainly go down in history for AEW and doing his own thing and on that level he might be considered to have had a bigger impact on the business long term. They aren't in the same league though as performers or wrestlers.

No doubt he has bridge the gap though, Orton has been the same tired act and done nothing notable for half a decade if not longer. AEW would likely be good for him. If he did end up switching there is no way they wouldn't play him as being anything other than one of the top tier main eventers. He is a bigger name than anyone other than Jericho.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Randy Orton's stature had a hard, hard ceiling put on it when Brock Lesnar beat his brains out at SunmerSlam and he never even tried to avenge it. He's an upper midcarder at best, and always will be.

Cody can be more than that.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts