Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
That's exactly what i was saying a few days ago, Pillman was "dangerous and unpredictable" on the mic, that's what Punk tries to be.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Here we go. Give me a damn break.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
I bet you people don't even know the history of Brian Pillman and are just looking for a smokescreen to blast Punk....again.
I know right? The Summer of Punk has caused so much reaching and straw man crap. It's laughable.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
For arguments sake let's say Punk based it off Pillman's loose cannon character. Why would that be a bad thing and how on Earth would it be a rip off? If anything I'd love Punk more than I already do if that is indeed the case. I think it would be a credit to him.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Yup, Austin was quite similar to Sandman when it came to the alcoholism. then again he may have been stealing Scott hall's gimmick so who knows

And yes, Pillman innovated the shoot promo style, but the basic character is different than Punk. Then again, you could argue that Shane Douglas too is owed credit for his contributions. Shane douglas throwing down the NWA title was huge, and probably did influence Punk to some extent

Wait until you see the similarities between Don Muraco and Dwayne. that'll blow your mind

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Yup, Austin was quite similar to Sandman when it came to the alcoholism. then again he may have been stealing Scott hall's gimmick so who knows
Entirely possible. He did steal his theme tune after all.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.