Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he is not exciting as he was not to long ago when he did his first major shoot, there kind of trying to turn him into a big babyface and to me it's making him less entertaining.

I liked how they had it at first, people loved him but he wasnt catering to them.

I prefered him how he was when he was with his 2 other goons, very edgy but still entertaining.

kind of how HHH was back in the day, now he is just trying to act funny for the crowd.

What you guys think.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Re: Is CM punk Stale to you already

He isn't stale to me. He's being put into stale situations. They need to stop acting like the WWE championship is midcard, and make it clear that Punk is the Batman to Cena's Superman. More likeable, edgier, and when it comes down to it everyone knows Batman can kick superman's ass.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts

No, not yet anyway. The thing with Punk is he's had so much character development in the past 2 years or so that its difficult to find him stale and he's one of the few characters that actually has any real depth and thats why his feud with Jericho has been successful and moved away from who the best in the world is and centered around Punks straight edge lifestyle.

·
Rolex Bomb Defuser
410 Posts

He has always come off as forced to me. Even his "shoot" had many forced moments and his body language was very off rhythm from what he was trying to convey.

He had the potential to be great but somewhere along the line the pieces didn't come together.

Maybe it's not too late for him. Who knows? He's not but 16 months younger than Brock Lesnar though and that's not a good sign.

CM Punk is turning 34 this year. He's not the same CM Punk we saw 5-6 years ago that was hungry to be the best. It seems he has settled down and accepted his role.

If he doesn't get things straightened out by 2015 then in my opinion he's a bust.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Ah, so CM Punk finally gets the face of the company push people were crying for back in the Summer of 2011. Now he's finally gotten that push, they're turning against him already. What can you say? IWC = hypocrites.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I prefer him as a heel now that he is a full babyface the wwe have took out the edginess of his character and him putting his differences aside with HHH fucked it up.He still comes up with gold every now and then but its not the same.

·
-
7,495 Posts
Yeah, he hasn't done anything entertaining since the feud with Cena.

Daniel Bryan(even though his marks are annoying) is much more entertaining than this guy.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Nah he still a bit of breath of fresh air despite being in a terrible program with Jericho lately. He just now being treated as a 2nd rate Champion with the booking he has been receiving lately. I mean when was the last time he close the show? he suppose to be the focus of RAW due from being the WWE Champion. It's like they just put the belt on him so his marks can shut up and focus on the real main event and storyline.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Ah, so CM Punk finally gets the face of the company push people were crying for back in the Summer of 2011. Now he's finally gotten that push, they're turning against him already. What can you say? IWC = hypocrites.

im not turning against him or anything, and to tell you the truth, at first he got the push i wanted, now he is getting sucked into something totally the opposite of what we started loving about him.

i like the position he is in, just not the way there going buy it

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
What Face of the company push? they just gave him the WWE title and let him float around in the mid-card. Randy Orton IC title reign was getting more exposure than Punk's.

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Nah he still a bit of breath of fresh air despite being in a terrible program with Jericho lately. He just now being treated as a 2nd rate Champion with the booking he has been receiving lately. I mean when was the last time he close the show? he suppose to be the focus of RAW due from being the WWE Champion. It's like they just put the belt on him so his marks can shut up and focus on the real main event and storyline.
This. He's still fresh to me, and he's one of the only things I'm enjoying about the current product. I wouldn't be opposed to him holding the WWE title for at least a few more months. He's definitely one of the better WWE Champions in recent years.

And yeah, as the WWE Champion he should be the main focus on RAW, but with Cena around he was never going to be.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Nope he's not stale to me but others on here will say he is because they have moved on from CM Punk and jumped to D-bry soon they will hop from d-bry to dean ambrose when he debuts and so on and so forth. But to answer the question no CM Punk is not stale to me.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
If people don't like Punk cause they never really liked him from the start, then I can understand,and people not liking Punk though they only started liking him after his big promo, then it's sorta predictable(this time next year,they'll be booing their former,former fave star who hasn't even appeared in wwe yet probably). But fans who don't like Punk that have liked him for years, I don't understand why they would.

Calling CM Punk stale now(compared to 10 months ago) would be like calling a bottle of water stale. It might not be the exact same as it was 10 months ago, but there really is no reason to say it's worse than it was 10 months ago.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts