Wrestling Forum banner

Is CM Punk really doing anything for The Nexus ?

2313 Views 26 Replies 23 Participants Last post by  tombo2326
i know this might upset a lot of Punk smarks but come on has he really helped make them a credible threat ? i sure as hell dont see it what with Orton taking out 2 members already leaving him with Batista stunt double Ryan and David z list Oplunger that trio is sure to scare the sh1t out of the roster .

wont be surprised if the Punk v Orton match ends up with the stipulation that if Punk loses Nexus breaks up as thats the way it seems to be headed right now.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
3,506 Posts
Well you can't blame Punk because that group lacks good talent, but he still makes them atleast worth watching, if it was not
Punk as leader, then the group would have immediately failed.

· Banned
6,835 Posts
Even though I'm a huge CM Punk fan, I will admit that Wade Barret made a superior leader, he looked and played the part much better imo.

I'm still quite interested in the Punk/orton feud right now though, I don't think I would care about Nexus anyway considering the lack of talent they have in that group.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Even though I'm a huge CM Punk fan, I will admit that Wade Barret made a superior leader, he looked and played the part much better imo.

I'm still quite interested in the Punk/orton feud right now though, I don't think I would care about Nexus anyway considering the lack of talent they have in that group.
the talented members followed Barrett to SD i feel sorry for Punk they have really set him up to take the fall with Nexus that Barrett would have had he not moved to SD.

· Registered
317 Posts
No. The Nexus is dead. The New Nexus are serving Punk, Punk is doing nothing for them.
Quite so. The orginal Nexus seemed to have a purpose (albeit we never found out what it truly was other than trying to dominate RAW) but New Nexus seems to be just a collection of jobbers being used to legitimise Punk's strength against Orton. The remaining members of the New Nexus (or NexSES, if you like) seem to have no agenda other than to come out from the the locker room from time to time to scowl at Punk's opponent of the day before taking their turn to be punted off the roster by Orton.

Punk plays his role as a heel to perfection but it is over his watch that Nexus are disintegrating. On the other hand, Barrett was by far a better leader of an emerging stable, which makes me far more excited about The Corre's prospects on Smackdown.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quite so. The orginal Nexus seemed to have a purpose (albeit we never found out what it truly was other than trying to dominate RAW) but New Nexus seems to be just a collection of jobbers being used to legitimise Punk's strength against Orton. The remaining members of the New Nexus (or NexSES, if you like) seem to have no agenda other than to come out from the the locker room from time to time to scowl at Punk's opponent of the day before taking their turn to be punted off the roster by Orton.

Punk plays his role as a heel to perfection but it is over his watch that Nexus are disintegrating. On the other hand, Barrett was by far a better leader of an emerging stable, which makes me far more excited about The Corre's prospects on Smackdown.
i agree with this the only thing holding Corre back now is Del Rio getting the big push at this time so that means Barrett will be out of the Title hunt for a few months hopefully the draft brings in some faces from Raw for them to feud with .

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,262 Posts
I'm just sayin' if it was still these 8 men and there was a real explanation, this group would still be powerful, interesting, and one of the best groups in WWE history.

If only somehow they could reunite!

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

i mean seriously, do you see who CM Punk is teamed with? They're all shit. All of them. His ragtag group of scrubs is being kicked off the show one by one, because they're all shit. you can put anyone you want behind shit, it's still gonna be shit. at least CM Punk provides some entertaining promos.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

i mean seriously, do you see who CM Punk is teamed with? They're all shit. All of them. His ragtag group of scrubs is being kicked off the show one by one, because they're all shit. you can put anyone you want behind shit, it's still gonna be shit. at least CM Punk provides some entertaining promos.
you saying Otunga is shit lol thought you liked him .

· My man
6,562 Posts
No, we knew he wouldn't as soon as he stepped into the picture. They've been nothing but SES mk2 but without the boobs (apart from the one big one, Otunga) He's literally took the rubbish part of Nexus which leads me to believe creative wanted him to get rid of the waste all along.

· DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
14,070 Posts
you saying Otunga is shit lol thought you liked him .
i think Otunga is entertaining, but it's for all the wrong reasons. i like Otunga the same way i'd like a horror movie that featured a 50-foot beaver fighting a 100-foot seahorse in the Atlantic Ocean. he's absolutely awful, but i'd still rather watch him be awful than watch a guy like Edge try to be awesome and be awfully awful.

CM Punk can't do anything with nothing, and that's what he has. He has nothing. At least Wade Barrett had a generally fresh and exciting concept, even though it eventually became nothing and Barrett became a general joke that Cena made his playtoy.

· Registered
5,733 Posts
I refuse to believe that Punk could not have tried to get someone in NN over. He chose not to.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.