Wrestling Forum banner

Is CM Punk a hypocrite?

1659 Views 10 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  visko
Kayfabe of course

I'm pretty sure he destroyed Evan Bourne for absolutely no reason taking him out for a few months.

Now he's mad at Orton for punting him in the head two years ago for no reason...

ironic
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
83,359 Posts
Kayfabe of course

I'm pretty sure he destroyed Evan Bourne for absolutely no reason taking him out for a few months.

Now he's mad at Orton for punting him in the head two years ago for no reason...

ironic
I don't think irony plays a role at all.

Nor do I think this situation makes Punk's character a hypocrite. He's not saying that Orton shouldn't have done that. He's just trying to pay Orton back for doing it.

· Registered
819 Posts
punk and bourne were in an actual match and just hit him with a gts and pinned him

how is this even close

and punk did apologize for it when he did commentary
After the match he assaulted him outside of the ring and picked him up and ran him shoulder first into the ring post.

I think they are ignoring this because they only had Punk do it because Bourne was already injured and needed time off.

· Registered
484 Posts
Well to be fair, Orton was a heel when he attacked Punk in 08.
Eeh, this is WWE we're talking about. And I guess if we're going by technicalities now, CM Punk did wait for Orton to be face before getting back at him lol

· Registered
6,512 Posts
Orton taking him out cost him his title. It'd actually make less sense for him to ignore it just because he'd also injured someone himself, because heels aren't supposed to rationalise things, they're almost always booked to be incredibly self centred, and focused solely on how they feel that they have been wronged.

· Registered
410 Posts
Kayfabe of course

ironic
CM Punk did that for a reason and explained himself: to make an impact in his first night on Raw.

Punk shouting "it's nothing personal" was great xD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.