Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Banned
8,200 Posts
Are you fucking high on crack?

· Registered
1,626 Posts
He's the hippie guy right?

As a guy that spent his adolescent years helping to organise Jerry Garcia tribute festivals I can safely say I have no idea what this character is trying to accomplish. I've only seen him once and he came off as cheesy as hell. If he wants to go the hippie route he needs some corduroy pants instead of trunks, for starters. Next he should learn some sort of performance art, like poi spinning. The majority of "hippies" I've grew up with didn't spin around like drug induced tasmanian devils and preach about "peace and love, maaan". They were more attuned to Hawaiin / Samoan or whatever islander styles of recreation rather than how it was back in the 60s. This character is like them making a "metal-head" character and giving him a mullet and zebra striped ripped spandex.

Reactions: Spanish Lariato

· Banned
19,488 Posts
If he had a better gimmick I think he could be. I mean, the name is shit, the gimmick is shit, he's too cartoonish (in a bad way) at portraying it, everything about the gimmick is horrible. The guy isn't a bad wrestler, and could do way better with a different gimmick and look.

· Registered
4,256 Posts
Negged for troll attempt

· Premium Member
27,399 Posts
I don't like CJ Parker. I think he's slow and sloppy in the ring. A very, VERY, limited move set that actually makes me look forward to his finisher (which is something from Splinter Cell so I guess that's ok) because I know the match is done. I don't think he has the mic ability, the look, or the physical ability to be even a decent jobber on the main roster.

Once he is repackaged, which for the life of me I HAVE NO IDEA WHY HE (of every other wrestler who has been repackaged) HAS NOT BEEN REPACKAGED! Why! I used to think CJ PArker was awful due to his gimmick alone. I currently think he's just not cut out for wrestling in general.

· Registered
19,085 Posts
He won't ever win any title in the WWE. But at the same time...that doesn't mean he shouldn't be a relevant character. There was a time in WWE where even guys on the bottom of the card drew interest from fans because those guys had gimmicks,characters,and storylines. I'd rather see someone like CJ Parker doing relevant stuff in the lower card of WWE over guys like Slater,Jinder,Great Khali and others who are on WWETV.

· Registered
893 Posts
Future IC Champ.

I talked to CJ Parker after an Armory show in Orlando a while back. Great guy.

Heel or face, he's ok if you cheer him or boo him. The main thing is that he gets a reaction. He's very receptive to fans' opinions. I told him how much I've enjoyed his promo work recently and he genuinely cared to listen to my thoughts.

His gimmick works in today's WWE. It's similar to CM Punk's "straight edge lifestyle" gimmick. CJ Parker can harp on being "green", "organic", "gluten free", any related terms.

He's a well rounded wrestling talent. Good athlete, technical in ring skills, good on the mic, good understanding of psychology, and a hard working, humble, good person.

Why do people root for guys like these to fail? Why do people wish for him to not have a job in a year? It's really disheartening.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.