Wrestling Forum banner

Is Cena the one elevating The Rock's game? Rock Rust?

8081 Views 104 Replies 61 Participants Last post by  Cynic
I speak for a fairly vocal majority when I say that the Rock's return has been simply put; underwhelming. Very underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong; I's not like I enjoy free-styling, but it seems like the goal behind this feud(other than money, obv) would be to elevate Cena up to that same echelon of legendary status as The Rock and Stone Cold. Cena has been right on the brink of that for probably over 2 years now.

What I see on Raw is The Rock not pulling his own weight. The Miz is out-talking him, Cena is making very real insults and jabs at The Rock's legacy(which is obviously allowed by the bookers and The Rock) and out-talking him, and aside from The Rock's very first entrance when he returned, he isn't getting bigger pops or more heat than Cena, Cena's game hasn't stopped a beat, and The Rock seems rusty.

I can only hope the feud actually incorporates some storyline instead of just being "LOL ROCK VS CENA CLASH OF TITANS ETC".

I would honestly rather see The Rock be anon GM and maybe a Taker vs HHH vs Cena triplethreat match at WM27 instead. The Rock is just not selling this feud well and is getting carried, it's been all Cena. And it's clear as day even to the kids and their moms that go to live shows.

Maybe The Rock needs a help me up? Batteries from the energizer bunny? Because it's safe to say he has NO electricity left
Reactions: Goku
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

· Registered
1,858 Posts
Cena did one rap with rehashed lyrics, and then the usual drivel where he pretends to be intense, yeah thats real great.
The miz continues to be a jericho clone with his clothes and slow talking, and does the same promos he cuts every week.

meanwhile the rock cuts promos with actual feeling and emotion, something the other 2 can only pretend to have.

The Rock has barely scratched the surface on tearing cena a new asshole, meanwhile cena came out with wack ass insults about his movies. oooooooo

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cena took jabs at The Rocks LEGACY? When?
Well, they were somewhat true. He claimed in his little rap that The Rock left the WWE universe hanging high and dry for 7 years or some rhyme. He also said that The Rock claims he loves the fans but Cena is actually there to show it, etc etc.

I view those as jabs, and it doesn't seem at all needed. Probably the work of Vince

· Registered
3,657 Posts
to be honest it felt like the rock was going to cry or something like it was a real emotional response rather then his funny one it just added a whole other dimension to the feud that i think people are unaware of because they expect something funny - while you get emotion from the rock you get john cena talking about eating toilet paper.

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, if there is any emotion in this feud, it's from Cena. He is speaking TRUTHS. He is speaking on behave of A LOT of the WWE Universe and airing their years of complaints about the Rock, to his face. Is this needed? I don't think so like I already said but that is indeed what is happening. The Rock is still The Rock, he will always be The Rock... but I just don't see the electricity at all and it's making me pull for Cena. Which is a rare and new thing for me

· Registered
63 Posts
I speak for a fairly vocal majority when I say that the Rock's return has been simply put; underwhelming. Very underwhelming.

Don't get me wrong; I's not like I enjoy free-styling, but it seems like the goal behind this feud(other than money, obv) would be to elevate Cena up to that same echelon of legendary status as The Rock and Stone Cold. Cena has been right on the brink of that for probably over 2 years now.

What I see on Raw is The Rock not pulling his own weight. The Miz is out-talking him, Cena is making very real insults and jabs at The Rock's legacy(which is obviously allowed by the bookers and The Rock) and out-talking him, and aside from The Rock's very first entrance when he returned, he isn't getting bigger pops or more heat than Cena, Cena's game hasn't stopped a beat, and The Rock seems rusty.

I can only hope the feud actually incorporates some storyline instead of just being "LOL ROCK VS CENA CLASH OF TITANS ETC".

I would honestly rather see The Rock be anon GM and maybe a Taker vs HHH vs Cena triplethreat match at WM27 instead. The Rock is just not selling this feud well and is getting carried, it's been all Cena. And it's clear as day even to the kids and their moms that go to live shows.

Maybe The Rock needs a help me up? Batteries from the energizer bunny? Because it's safe to say he has NO electricity left
Troll.

· Registered
4,939 Posts
I usually like Cena, but his promo with Miz on Monday was putrid. Miz is the only thing that saved it. The Rock has been great. Rusty Rock is still better than Corny Cena. The only reason Cena isn't getting killed by the crowds, is that the kids are too young to remember Rock, so they stick up for their hero.

Edit: yeah, I call troll too.

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
Well, they were somewhat true. He claimed in his little rap that The Rock left the WWE universe hanging high and dry for 7 years or some rhyme. He also said that The Rock claims he loves the fans but Cena is actually there to show it, etc etc.

I view those as jabs, and it doesn't seem at all needed. Probably the work of Vince
Understand this Cena is talking to the new generation of fans, and not the old generation. Because if the rock left us high and dry, he wouldn't have attended Mania 20, and then have guest appearances after, return to hall of fame 2008, and then cut a promo on the 10th anniversary of smack down, the show he revolutionized to tease his return. And then return in 2011 feb 14th to host the grandest stage of them all. The Rock had an 8 year career, and Cena is on his what 9th year?

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's Vince being bitter and making jabs at The Rock for bailing on WWE. He's talking through Cena like one would a puppet. It's a sad state of affairs. Thus far atleast, maybe the feud will get better. But I mean... Bret Hart's didn't :\

just had to get it off my chest than Cena has been carrying the rock's candy ass in this feud

· Registered
724 Posts
Rock's return promo forced Cena to go back to a gimmick that died 4 or 5 years ago just so Cena could come anywhere near Rock's level on promos.

I don't see how Cena has done anything in any way to elevate Rock's game ...

Now, somebody get a hammer and hit me really, really hard.

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
It's Vince being bitter and making jabs at The Rock for bailing on WWE. He's talking through Cena like one would a puppet. It's a sad state of affairs. Thus far atleast, maybe the feud will get better. But I mean... Bret Hart's didn't :\

just had to get it off my chest than Cena has been carrying the rock's candy ass in this feud
Cena carrying The Rock? Umm if The Rock wasn't hosting Mania nobody would give a crap about Wrestlemania's so called "MAIN EVENT" I didn't want to agree with those others, but yeah I think trolls are starting to leak in the forum.

· Premium Member
297 Posts

You speak for yourself. Thats about it.

· Premium Member
297 Posts

Another person fails at trying to pass opinions off as fact. :rolleyes:

· Banned
4,265 Posts

1. No you dont
2. No he doesnt
3. No it isnt
4. You're a retard

Next.

· Banned
4,265 Posts
Nah, if there is any emotion in this feud, it's from Cena. He is speaking TRUTHS. He is speaking on behave of A LOT of the WWE Universe and airing their years of complaints about the Rock, to his face. Is this needed? I don't think so like I already said but that is indeed what is happening. The Rock is still The Rock, he will always be The Rock... but I just don't see the electricity at all and it's making me pull for Cena. Which is a rare and new thing for me
Why do you think you are the voice of the 'WWE universe'?

You speak your own nonsense for yourself, not for us.

· Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Why do you think you are the voice of the 'WWE universe'?

You speak your own nonsense for yourself, not for us.
I said Cena was "the voice of the 'WWE universe", not me. And in this case he IS. He is calling The Rock out for things that have been BROUGHT UP ON THESE FORUMS for years. Basically Cena is just airing out the IWC checklist of errors The Rock made in his WWE tenure.... Like bail on the WWE to be a crappy actor, saying his name is Dwayne not The Rock and not wanting to be called The Rock, doing Road to Space Mountain or w/e the same time The Marine was coming out. etc etc etc. I'm sorry if it's not what you want to hear but it's all truths.

Vince is still mad

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.